#1 Eatspie

Eatspie
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:26 PM

Got into an argument with a warrior in guild (he's one of those warriors who will defend his class no matter what. If blizzard gave warriors a ranged ability that instantly killed the target, he'd find an excuse to justify it as balanced). Anyways, his argument was basically that dks are "just as bad" as warriors because of death strike (and he had the audacity to try and argue that dks were just as good as warriors in s8, because disease damage did so much). Anyways, normally I wouldn't think much of it, except that I hear these arguments literally every single day even on AJ. Are people really this stupid, or is my class super OP and I'm just not aware of it? (best part of my argument with this war btw, was him claiming that scourge strike hits for 10k non crit. I immediately had him come to durotar, and he couldn't explain it when the physical portion hit for 2k and the shadow portion hit for 3k)
Spoiler
Fighting for Duelist equality on ArenaJunkies.com

#2 Raystigz

Raystigz
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 959
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:31 PM

DKs aren't op because of their damage. They're OP because they have the only ability in the game that absorbs healing and applies a mind numbing poison on the target.
twitch.tv/Raystigz stream maybe someday i'll start using it again

#3 Mizzle

Mizzle
  • Junkies

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:38 PM

"...they have the only ability in the game that absorbs healing, applies a -30% cast speed, and desecration with 1 button"

#4 Eatspie

Eatspie
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:38 PM

View PostRaystigz, on 04 April 2011 - 11:31 PM, said:

DKs aren't op because of their damage. They're OP because they have the only ability in the game that absorbs healing and applies a mind numbing poison on the target.

Yikes, the ignorance is strong on this one. Question, what would be the difference between an ability that absorbs 6k healing, and an ability that deals 6k damage? Both require the same amount of healing to recover. Secondly, have you ever actually played a dk and applied NS? It falls off almost immediately, the cast slow is NEVER up for more than a few seconds (ironically nobody seems to complain about rogues who swap weapons with mind numbing on it)
Spoiler
Fighting for Duelist equality on ArenaJunkies.com

#5 milakunisr1

milakunisr1
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy
  • RBG: 2306

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:39 PM

Take the -30% cast speed out, should do enough..

#6 milakunisr1

milakunisr1
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy
  • RBG: 2306

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:40 PM

View PostEatspie, on 04 April 2011 - 11:38 PM, said:

Yikes, the ignorance is strong on this one. Question, what would be the difference between an ability that absorbs 6k healing, and an ability that deals 6k damage? Both require the same amount of healing to recover. Secondly, have you ever actually played a dk and applied NS? It falls off almost immediately, the cast slow is NEVER up for more than a few seconds (ironically nobody seems to complain about rogues who swap weapons with mind numbing on it)

Yes but for healers that arent healing because they cant and use absorbs to stay alive (priest) you cant get the stacks off, also may be having to heal another target and you go back to yourself or other partner and have 20k+ stack on him, it's just not so balanced with the -30% casting time also.

#7 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:40 PM

• ^ Necrotic Strike.
  • Desecration is a complete joke. Passively snare the entire arena.
  • DKs don't need snare resistance. A melee class being able to kite other melee for infinity (on top of otherwise already good survivability) is retarded.

That isn't to say warriors are balanced either.

#8 Spectrex

Spectrex
  • Danyphantom
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:43 PM

Yikes, the ignorance is strong on this one. Question, what would be the difference between an ability that absorbs 6k healing, and an ability that deals 6k damage?

You really have no idea how Priests work do you?

Edited by Spectrex, 04 April 2011 - 11:44 PM.

--(Patch 4.0.6)--

View Postnatasyaaa, on 21 April 2011 - 10:31 PM, said:

no but srsly, how do you manage to be that bad at a warrior? it's the easiest class in the game, and somehow you manage to stay at a solid 2400.
I think it's widely agreed that shadowpriests are the easiest, and as equally overpowered.
You heard it, nerf SPriests buff Warriors.

#9 Macetodaface

Macetodaface
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2227

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:44 PM

Healing absorb is really just extra damage that can be situationally better or worse than extra damage(Goes through PS and other mitigation but is delayed and can hurt if u need to burst now). The 30% cast speed is nice but nothing incredibly OP, especially with the fact that casters can do so much purely with instants. Compared to most melee atm I wouldn't call DKs OP. AMS and some our CDs can be stupid good at times but I'd say that overall DKs are pretty strong, but fair. And yes obv. everything I say is going to be biased, but I'm just saying what I see from my perspective.

Edited by Macetodaface, 04 April 2011 - 11:49 PM.

#10 Blacksheezy

Blacksheezy
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Whisperwind
  • Rampage

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:51 PM

Why do you care what other people think?

AJ has become the breeding ground for people with aspergers trying to get big on the internet or something. Arguing with said people is useless either as they have a retarded amount of conviction that they're right.

Seriously, if I cared what every retard on this forum thought, I'd probably have shot myself multiple times because I am such a terrible person that has done inexcusable wrongs to the community at large.

Edited by Blacksheezy, 04 April 2011 - 11:57 PM.

Plz to has more green squares.

Also, looking for a holy paladin for 3s. Hit me up!

#11 heyimqq

heyimqq
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:08 AM

arent false trains of logic fun!

Posted Image

rip

#12 Nytelol

Nytelol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:13 AM

warriors are obviously more overpowered at this moment in time but a big reason why dks arent swarming all over arena is most likely because warriors can destroy them so fast, which will change to some extent in the next patch

#13 Belligerent

Belligerent
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:27 AM

I love how the DK ignores the option to use necrotic strike more than once

#14 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:30 AM

Saw this exact same discussion in s8. Warlocks claiming that they were perfectly balanced since elemental shamans were "clearly stronger."
If you haven't noticed by now, your class is far too anti caster, which is where most of the complaining comes from.
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#15 Sherpdawerp

Sherpdawerp
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:50 AM

locks are never op meight

not if you ask them anyway

#16 droolingmoron

droolingmoron
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:52 AM

warrior dmg is overpowered with cds up
dks utility is overpowered with cds

also imo dks do enough dmg, dk/priest/mage strat f.ex. is mostly grip healer in strangulate gargoyle nsnsnsnsns df icelanceicelanceicelance fireblaststun-> major cds + trinket -> repeat -> collect points
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen.

L.W.

#17 Macetodaface

Macetodaface
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2227

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:56 AM

View PostBelligerent, on 05 April 2011 - 12:27 AM, said:

I love how the DK ignores the option to use necrotic strike more than once
?

#18 bloodcraze

bloodcraze
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:19 AM

only reason DKs aren't rampant is because warriors can actually kill them. haven't seen DKs complain about anything but warriors
TSG? lol. Train a target, grip their healer in, pop gargoyle, bladestorm, spread DK aids on 2/3 targets and win- *Korlicbus*
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

#19 heyimqq

heyimqq
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:31 AM

idk ive seen dks complaining about people complaining about DKs

Posted Image

rip

#20 cydial

cydial
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:31 AM

Oh god you're serious aren't you? Try using necrotic strike more than once and set it up so you get more than 4 on a target.

Have you ever played a caster at a decently high level and gone up against a dk team?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<