Photo

2800 LSD2

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

Poll: KFC or LSD2 (flavor of the month) (355 member(s) have cast votes)

Is KFC flavor of the month or LSD2?

1. Voted KFC (199 votes [56.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.06%

2. LSD2 (156 votes [43.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 livebloom

livebloom
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:19 AM

KFC.

You can be a brain-dead idiot and win as KFC. Brain-dead moonkin teams usually result in dead moonkins. Not saying LSD2 isn't capable of doing just as well or being just as retarded in the right hands, but KFC takes the cake for joke comp s9. Also you see like 20x more of them, not even an exaggeration.

That's funny since playing a moonkin in LSD2 is all about being brain-dead and spamming two spells.

#22 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:31 AM

I agree with this.

We faced a ~2.6k LSD2 as rls, which filovirus considers a hard counter to rls. Game went for 5-10 minutes even though a lot of people are suggesting your chances of winning end at the 1-2 minute mark.

Momentum shifted back and forth. They could create a lot of pressure and they nearly scored kills a couple times, but it wasn't to the point where good play on our side wasn't rewarded, picking good windows to create pressure ended in us scoring a kill.

When comparing the playing experience vs LSD to KFC, it's just wasn't even on the same level.

KFC has the capacity to end the game in under 5 seconds, even when under massive pressure, something that i don't think LSD2 can do.

KFC is capable of absurd burst, which can often be unavoidable, because a lot of their cc is instant (scatter, silencing shot, trap, throwdown, charge). KFC also isn't enhanced greatly by player skill, we have faced numerous KFC teams ranging from 2.2-2.8 and the difference is often not that noticeable.

I'm sure the ability of those in an LSD2 would have much more impact on their game, than the player skill of those in KFC.

Also i think the chances of success is much higher for KFC in all match ups, just because of the nature of their damage. It comes in massive chunks and with good rng can kill anyone in 3-5 seconds.

LSD2's play is dictated by the pace of the fight, in the same way nearly all comps are; they can be offensive when they have a pressure advantage, but have to play defensively if put under pressure. This kind of rule isn't always applied to KFC, since they can kill something at any time.

Most of this is spot on. LSD2 is easy, sure, but it gets a lot of extra hate for two reasons:

1) Nobody is used to losing to moonkins; the spec has been horrible for 8 seasons. Right now balance is suffering from the shadow-priest effect of S8: they suddenly became very viable after an extended hiatus in competitive arena, and for a long time there were cries and whines of OP -- but by the end of the season people were used to shadow being a T1 spec and were done crying about it.

2) The name. Everyone remembers how fucking ridiculous LSD was last season and some of that rage is carried over. I'd rather call the comp Dotparty B)

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#23 Mik._.

Mik._.
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/0/2
  • LocationAUS

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:52 AM

fotm doesnt necessarily mean what the strongest comp is and i've seen a thousand more KFCs than Moonkin LSDs.

Edited by Mik._., 30 March 2011 - 06:53 AM.

#24 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:20 AM

now you know what kfc mirrors look like, it´s really retardet.

i play kfc myself and lsd2 is a pain. you can´t kill anyone, need really good luck to get an insta gib. Otherwise you will die if you can´t win in the first minute.

you should very easily be able to beat this comp in the opener by zerging the moonkin.
What this game really needs is a Duelist mount. It can be the same model as the Gladiator mount, but maybe have a gimpy leg and only be able to fly around in circles. I'd still ride it.

#25 Tazedlol

Tazedlol
  • Members
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/2/./././.

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:13 AM

KFC by fucking miles
Posted Image

#26 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:53 AM

kfc is worse, played both. Accidentally kill a rogue in the first 10 seconds of a game and be like, how did he die, oh well.

#27 snackbacon

snackbacon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2437

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:27 AM

boomkins right now are easily at or even worse than the levels of such specs as elemental s8, prot specs in WoTLK, s5 DKs, you name it.

Rofl ok mister warrior

#28 Jorge

Jorge
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/.

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:06 PM

People just don't like being killed by a fluffy chicken that has never been able to hurt them before. But to be fair playing a moonkin isn't very hard at all, its a watered down version of a warlock without a pet. That being warlocks are also piss easy to play :).

#29 Laser

Laser
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 2856

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:34 PM

Owlplay > LSD

So much more fun.
Laser - Bonechewer
Strength - Illidan

#30 paniczone

paniczone
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:17 PM

the only reason people think KFC is worse is because there are 20x more KFCs than LSD2.0s. It literally makes my fucking blood boil to see retarded druids at 2.7k just because they can moonfire, insect swarm, tab & repeat. At least as KFC they use more than 2 spells to win.

#31 Redefined

Redefined
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2019
  • 3v3: 2402
  • RBG: 1644
  • LocationMississauga, Ontario, Canada

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:22 PM

Most of this is spot on. LSD2 is easy, sure, but it gets a lot of extra hate for two reasons:

1) Nobody is used to losing to moonkins; the spec has been horrible for 8 seasons. Right now balance is suffering from the shadow-priest effect of S8: they suddenly became very viable after an extended hiatus in competitive arena, and for a long time there were cries and whines of OP -- but by the end of the season people were used to shadow being a T1 spec and were done crying about it.

2) The name. Everyone remembers how fucking ridiculous LSD was last season and some of that rage is carried over. I'd rather call the comp Dotparty B)

Those reasons really have nothing to do with it.

It's mainly because all you need to do is literally moonfire, insect swarm, jump - moonfire, jump - moonfire, jump - moonfire, jump - moonfire, jump - moonfire, eventually replace moonfire with sunfire and it's even more lolz. MAYBE an occasional Cyclone here and there. It's just beyond simple.

Edited by Redefined, 30 March 2011 - 04:22 PM.

------------------------------

I've never seen Redefined post anything dumb. +1

best Rogue on US

#32 Darrgen

Darrgen
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:24 PM

As bad as LSD s8 was in comparison LSD2.0 is much worse. I played shadowcleave s8(terrible comp) and we could still score kills vs LSD last season. This season it feels you have to pray to go you can get a kill before some1 on your team dies from dots with spam heals. The only thing keeping LSD from being so apparent is the fact that there isn't a lot of them right now and KFC overshadows due to how many of them there are

Edited by Darrgen, 30 March 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#33 berserker

berserker
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:38 PM

good one

boomkins are also fluffy and we all know how much people hate fluffy stuff

Edited by berserker, 30 March 2011 - 06:49 PM.

Posted Image

#34 Jorge

Jorge
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/.

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:56 PM

Those reasons really have nothing to do with it.It's mainly because all you need to do is literally ice lance, fireblast, jump - ice lance, jump - ice lance, jump - ice lance, jump - ice lance, jump - ice lance, eventually replace ice lance with frost nova and it's even more lolz. MAYBE an occasional Polymorph here and there. It's just beyond simple.

Same can be said for any class realy, its just how dumbed down the game is. I'm not trying to defend moonkins the spec realy is brain dead, but what class in this game isn't?

Edit: AND YEAH EVERYONE HATES FLUFFY THINGS

Edited by Jorge, 30 March 2011 - 06:57 PM.

#35 Ellonija

Ellonija
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2608
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:16 AM

Those reasons really have nothing to do with it.

It's mainly because all you need to do is literally moonfire, insect swarm, jump - moonfire, jump - moonfire, jump - moonfire, jump - moonfire, jump - moonfire, eventually replace moonfire with sunfire and it's even more lolz. MAYBE an occasional Cyclone here and there. It's just beyond simple.

I definitely jump more than that on my druid. Get your facts straight!

Edited by Ellonija, 31 March 2011 - 12:17 AM.

Sound the charge into glory ride
Over the top of the vanquished pride

By moonlight we ride
Ten thousand side by side

#36 Xewl

Xewl
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationQueensland

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:28 AM

LOL SKILLESS RET DK

LOL SKILLESS RET HUNTER

LOL SKILLESS RET WARRIOR

LOL SKILLESS DK WARRIOR

LOL SKILLESS WARRIOR HUNTER

LOL SKILLESS MAGE DK

LOL SKILLESS PVE DOUBLE HEALER

LOL SKILLESS THREE DPS

all those comps are just as bad as this

#37 Doomxxx

Doomxxx
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 576
  • Locationu.s

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:03 AM

fuck LSD its the most brainless comp out there.. fucking fotms die :D

<3 love

#38 mooòòooòòooò1296689303

mooòòooòòooò1296689303
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kilrogg
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:51 AM

I'd really like someone that keeps saying moonkin is moonfire and insect swarm to actually play the class and spec and see if it's like that. I doubt you'll even reach 2.4k by OMG MOONFIRE SPAM AND INSECT SWARM = KILL ... go for it m8 and give me a shout if you get above that rating at least rofl. And KFC yea there are some healers that can't really outheal the dmg you can't get high with LSD if you don't know how to play moonkin u can still get high as KFC tho cuz of the stupid burst they do.

#39 Xewl

Xewl
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationQueensland

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:04 AM

sorry treeforpee but it pretty much is in terms of damage

#40 Ellonija

Ellonija
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2608
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:20 AM

honestly all i do is keep dots up, spam sunfire, instant starsurges for kills/cds, root > solar beam, knock people off ledges, cyclone, and uhhhhhhh yeah
Sound the charge into glory ride
Over the top of the vanquished pride

By moonlight we ride
Ten thousand side by side

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<