#1 yourmomrofl

yourmomrofl
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:40 AM

So my account is inactive as of now, and can't check if its true since when i try to log in it only says my gamecard has expired etc. there were some obvious fakes in my spam folder but i'm not sure on these. obviously i haven't tried to sell my account, also i'm curious why they link me us links when my account is EU
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

View PostZenneroth, on 03 March 2011 - 07:42 PM, said:

Alright, so I've started experimenting with alcohol (only 20 so I can't go out to bars yet) and last weekend my brother and I were chillin out, watching netflix, and I started drinking at around 10 in the morning. I get tipsy and keep around that level till about 6 PM, then after the buzz wore off I felt like shit. It wasn't necisarily a headache, the best I can describe it is how you feel when you are really fucking tired but not sleepy. Anyway I tried to get feeling better by drinking water but I didn't feel any better until I woke up the next morning.

#2 shuubi

shuubi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 2/1/0/2/1/1

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:46 AM

1) They're never real.
2) Spelling errors and bad english - not real.

#3 Nevershock

Nevershock
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:46 AM

it's fake, delete them.

#4 yourmomrofl

yourmomrofl
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:01 AM

well the sender is [email protected] not some blizzardwowaccountsecurity.cn and the links are to battle.net websites, so i don't really know how/why would they fake this. but idk i'm noob at it, also it was in gmal spam folder meanwhile when i had real messages from blizzard like year ago they weren't in spam folder and i'm pretty sure they had graphical layout, and what's more important the name of my wow account at the end of mail

Alright, so I've started experimenting with alcohol (only 20 so I can't go out to bars yet) and last weekend my brother and I were chillin out, watching netflix, and I started drinking at around 10 in the morning. I get tipsy and keep around that level till about 6 PM, then after the buzz wore off I felt like shit. It wasn't necisarily a headache, the best I can describe it is how you feel when you are really fucking tired but not sleepy. Anyway I tried to get feeling better by drinking water but I didn't feel any better until I woke up the next morning.

#5 shuubi

shuubi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 2/1/0/2/1/1

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:03 AM

View Postyourmomrofl, on 24 March 2011 - 09:01 AM, said:

well the sender is [email protected] not some blizzardwowaccountsecurity.cn and the links are to battle.net websites, so i don't really know how/why would they fake this. but idk i'm noob at it, also it was in gmal spam folder meanwhile when i had real messages from blizzard like year ago they weren't in spam folder and i'm pretty sure they had graphical layout, and what's more important the name of my wow account at the end of mail

They're probably disguised links that just redirect you to some other url's.

#6 yourmomrofl

yourmomrofl
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:18 AM

ah well thanks didn't click them anyway. must admit that the phishers got alot trickier now

#7 Supyawh

Supyawh
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:09 AM

View Postyourmomrofl, on 24 March 2011 - 09:01 AM, said:

erh..

Rule of thumb: if they're asking for your password its fake. Dont get fooled by the "click this or u'll get banned" stuff, think logically: blizzard would've banned you ages ago if they think you did something bannable
>-.

#8 Yilar

Yilar
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 767

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:14 AM

Posted Image

You get tons of these. Thumb rule: If you're account isn't suspended don't read emails from "blizzard"  :lol:

#9 Spiritedaway_6494045

Spiritedaway_6494045
  • Spiritedaway
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:01 PM

@battle.net is pretty much the only one you'll ever recieve emails from, any others are 100% fake.

Ultimately, the best way to go about this is simply do what I do, use a totally random email for your account bnet name, something that you use for absolutely nothing but WoW logn.

Community sites such as this one regularly get their datebases "hacked" and the account emails taken, then they spam you with emails assuming thats your email account for WoW.

For example, I made this email that I'm using here, solely for signing up to this website, when I check it's inbox I've got several "Your account is under investigation" blah blah emails from "Blizzard", for an account name that doesn't exist in WoW.

You can change your battlenet email anytime you want from the battlenet site, I recommend making a new email and using that solely for WoW and never use it to ever sign up for anything, especially not any WoW related community sites.

#10 Spiritedaway_6494045

Spiritedaway_6494045
  • Spiritedaway
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:03 PM

You should listen to that interview, its pretty good, it's related to everything from gold farming to account hacking, its very interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<