• Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:44 PM

our class is fine because we can join teams with really good classes

okay

I love this logic :) (I know its sarcasm)

Our class is only good when grouped with classes that can kill targets with little assistance, which is what we bring alittle assistance. But then I ask what happens when you group TWO of these "classes that can kill targets with little assistance" ie Hunter/Warrior. You get something with so much burst and all around damage its hard to even compete against.

Then you find teams saying "why would a take you (the warlock) who is just bringing control and a little damage when I can bring something with big damage and control wont even be an issue because something is dead or is playing defensive.

#43 Dxm

Dxm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/0/1/2/2/1/.

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

our class is fine because we can join teams with really good classes

okay

if your class could make a t1 comp happen by joining teams with really bad classes (edit: really bad specs, there is no really bad class), it'd be overpowered. if it can play a t1 comp with two other balanced classes (rogue+shaman or moonkin+shaman), then it's balanced.

did you just list RLD as a t1 setup but shadowplay as t2?

tells enough how much you actually know about this game.

eu

Edited by Dxm, 22 March 2011 - 08:54 PM.

Posted Image

Rexington leverages core skillsets and world-class team synergy through sodomy to provide clients worldwide with robust, scalable, turnkey implementations of personalized, Internet-enabled e-solution architectures that accelerate response to real-world market demands, integrating and enhancing the e-readiness capabilities of their production environments across the enterprise, giving them a critical competitive advantage and swooping on niggas in the club.

#44 jarmster

jarmster
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:25 PM

if your class could make a t1 comp happen by joining teams with really bad classes (edit: really bad specs, there is no really bad class), it'd be overpowered. if it can play a t1 comp with two other balanced classes (rogue+shaman or moonkin+shaman), then it's balanced.

ya...you're right man...damn how could i be so dumb...rogue and shaman...most balanced classes in the game right now...especially rogue

NOOOOOOOOOT

#45 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:54 PM

sorry but why the fuck are those retarded people writing on warlock forums? Shoo and spread your disease somewhere else, people who think dots do good damage, or warlocks having so much representation etc to make up for the fact that we dont need any damage buffs or talking about balance at 2.2k rating, just find something better to do. Especially that guy who barely has aj access, that said his friend who is a very high rated warlock who says he does insane damage.

Edited by saffie, 22 March 2011 - 09:55 PM.

#46 Tist

Tist
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:08 PM

im pretty sure my healing stream totem ticks for more than a lock dot on live right now so i'm not sure lock damage is entirely "fine"

#47 Alexek

Alexek
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/2/2/.
  • LocationNarnia

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:10 PM

I dont get why i see various locks complaining about lack of affliction lock burst. Affliction has and always will be a high spread damage pressure spec with great control via fears and deathcoil, good self healing ability, and great defensive ability from soul link and port. Unholy dks are in a similar league but they sacrifice aoe pressure from dots (unholy diseases tick for shit) for amazing (pretty much OP) utility and cooldowns to do a bit of burst if used correctly (UF + Garg, emp rune wep)

Warlocks are in and always have been in a great position as far as affliction goes, the only real problem for affliction locks atm is a retarded talent called cleansing waters.

Edited by Alexek, 22 March 2011 - 10:12 PM.

Everyone has their little story and distorted 'facts'. I have statistics and red helmets.

#48 Alkazard

Alkazard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 2229

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:10 PM

I regret to inform everyone in this thread, that if you outdamage recuperate I will report you for exploiting.
Have a nice day! :)

wear bigger wizard hats *<|¦-)

#49 viol8r

viol8r
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:20 PM

+rep

only s8 glad locks think lock dmg needs buffs.

And only other classes who got maimed by them in s8 don't.

Its not a buff most are looking for, but rather a change. Less widespread in return for more concentrated damage. At least the possibility of such a thing.

#50 Grazzk

Grazzk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:11 PM

So many stupid people in this thread... too hard to choose a quote and single them out.

Ok this is the last time I waste my time with someone too stupid to recognize cleave takes ALOT more skill than warlocks.

You just deny to see warrior cleaves involve a lot of strategies and you can't adapt to it. Cleaving is closer than any caster healer melee comp to Esport, because you kill people with damage, not CC and that actually takes effort.
Don't tell me you're not getting carried by FOTM. Your team has a resto shaman and a warrior, you don't deserve to talk about other comps. Getting a double warrior 3v3 team to high ranks is a bigger achievement, hands down.

GET GRAZZD

#51 Ensipid

Ensipid
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • RBG: 2561

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:34 PM

I feel if we removed cleansing waters. Or made it a mana ineficient way of healing.

Fixed rogues and warriors.

It really wouldn't be that bad.

In regards to comps and being paired with "good dps classes" it's essentially as a fear bot.
You land that 8 sec fear with no tremor / dispel / trinket and scream "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD" ( while your warrior pops reck ).

Don't get me wrong though, our ability to land a kill solo is non existent especially with the removal of drain mana, but we can't have it all.

#52 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:09 AM

I dont get why i see various locks complaining about lack of affliction lock burst. Affliction has and always will be a high spread damage pressure spec with great control via fears and deathcoil, good self healing ability, and great defensive ability from soul link and port. Unholy dks are in a similar league but they sacrifice aoe pressure from dots (unholy diseases tick for shit) for amazing (pretty much OP) utility and cooldowns to do a bit of burst if used correctly (UF + Garg, emp rune wep)

Warlocks are in and always have been in a great position as far as affliction goes, the only real problem for affliction locks atm is a retarded talent called cleansing waters.

No one wants Affliction to have burst, and I don't think I've ever seen someone bitching about the spec's lack of burst. The problem is single target damage. It is wayyyyy too low in its current state, and needs significant buffing!

#53 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:11 AM

Warlocks are fine. People don't seem to understand that if single-target warlock damage gets to the level that most warlocks are whining for, it would be blatantly overpowered. Having the power to do consistent damage to the whole enemy team and giving your team the capability to make strong swaps whenever something isn't topped off, while simultaneously offering high levels of control and survivability, is what Warlocks are best at.

I play a warlock (although obviously not at gladiator levels) and yes, spam dispells can be annoying. But what do you expect? You need to get some type of control on the healers to allow your dots to stick. Once the healer is behind, the chance that they will be able to recover by spamming dispel is very unlikely. Warlocks here expect the gates to open and for them to cast their first row of dots and see everything start dying. They also expect a healer dispelling UA to fucking cataclysmically destroy their team.

Warlocks have good representation and a number of T1 comps. Stop whining.

Warlocks are actually far from fine, and only really have two T1 comps, due to the unbelievably overpowered state of Boomkins and Shadowpriests (and Resto Shamans!).

#54 Kelarm

Kelarm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2922

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:12 AM

Am I the only one that thinks this is a problem with self healing being OP, and not lock damage being UP?

Yes, you are.

No one wants Affliction to have burst, and I don't think I've ever seen someone bitching about the spec's lack of burst. The problem is single target damage. It is wayyyyy too low in its current state, and needs significant buffing!

This. I'm sick of people posting about how "lululul locks just want burst ur all so bad lululul." Nobody wants burst, affliction has never had any burst, ever. That's a defining feature of the spec. What used to be another defining feature of the spec was a respectable level of extremely reliable damage; even when a target "escaped" behind a pillar, affliction was still doing good damage to it, which strongly contributed to pushing kills through or getting good switches.

Instead, a target could now dip around a pillar at 5% with full affliction dots and probably survive 90% of the time.

P.S. when Filovirus says locks are underpowered, it's time to listen the fuck up TBH. He is always optimistic about balance.

Edited by Kelarm, 23 March 2011 - 12:40 AM.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.

Finally, I understand why pvp in this game is so bad.

#55 Grickie

Grickie
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:08 AM

Not saying im an amazing player, but to me, locks being more represented in higher teams than rogues (on my bg) means they are fine. Recuperate really isnt that bad, 4k ticks every 3 sec. I mean cmon think about ER or dks healing, or Ret or Spriest. All of these dps have much higher burst healing (which is where it counts) than a rogue.

Not to mention you sir are 2800+ atm playing a lock. Srsly?

You just outlined the exact problem with warlocks and cataclysm. Look at how many classes you listed with strong self healing and that isn't all of them. How is a spread pressure, dot based play style supposed to survive when dps can outheal most if not all of the pressure being applied without the support of their healer. I challenge you to find a viable dps spec without pretty solid self healing, only one i can think of is hunter really.

#56 Barashade

Barashade
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • RBG: 2426

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:20 AM

All you have to do anyways is just fear the healer while your buddy DK or Warr just rapes the target. Seems to work out most of the times.

#57 harmfull

harmfull
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:25 AM

yay posting post cata anyway i feel like the dmg bonuses are going to be insignificant by themselfs but since resilience is going to become linear i can see ppl gearing and gemming more offensively thus also increasing dmg taken. It may not be as bad as people think, what i am curious about is how hard is felhunter hitting people for on ptr with around 32-36% dmg reduction from resilience

#58 Cova-

Cova-
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:37 AM

Dots ticking for less dmg then they did at 80.

Destro and demo not viable at all.

Locks are fine yo...............

Posted Image

LOCKS ARE FUCKING BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand mages are getting good dmg buffs nice.............................

Edited by Cova-, 23 March 2011 - 01:38 AM.

#59 jarmster

jarmster
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:24 AM

:rogue: :mage: :priest: B)

Edited by jarmster, 23 March 2011 - 02:25 AM.

#60 taky

taky
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/0/0/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1732

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:04 AM

Retarded game. Enough said.

damn bro you gots lots of fucking red faces on your shit wtf bro damn u angry or sumn lol ur mad imo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<