Photo

Warlocks on PTR - good news evryone

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#21 Alysana

Alysana
  • Junkies

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:28 PM

You're acting like it's impossible to buff single target damage without also nerfing multitarget pressure. There are a number of ways where they could help us;

- Shadow Embrace being a personal buff like Spriests/Reducing it to 1 stack and buffing the % accordingly on the enemy target.
- They could remove the Soulswap glyph and add a slight burst damage to the baseline ability so it'd be used for when doing a swap.
- They could also simply lower the duration of DoTs so it isn't possible to just roll DoTs on an entire team at a time while Fearing about and all that. BoA lasts for 30 sec (with glyph), Corr lasts for 20 sec - They could literally halve the durations and buff Shadowbolt accordingly so PvE damage isn't affected.

People just want to have influence on kills, right now we're literally only contributing via fears/coils/spell locks, unless you play something like LSD2, but even then you're mostly just there for debuff protection. This design also completely destroys the class outside the 3v3 bracket due to our outrageously low single target damage, it's just not a very fun design.

Obviously if our single target damage was buffed, rogues/warriors and the likes burst damage would have to be nerfed as well, but wouldn't that only result in a better gameplay all around? You wouldn't have as many dump cleaves dropping people in GCDs.

Edited by Alysana, 22 March 2011 - 04:31 PM.

#22 uschearak

uschearak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:49 PM

Only 0 glad rogues think lock damage should be out healed by recuperate.

Not saying im an amazing player, but to me, locks being more represented in higher teams than rogues (on my bg) means they are fine. Recuperate really isnt that bad, 4k ticks every 3 sec. I mean cmon think about ER or dks healing, or Ret or Spriest. All of these dps have much higher burst healing (which is where it counts) than a rogue.

Not to mention you sir are 2800+ atm playing a lock. Srsly?

#23 Emopandalol

Emopandalol
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:50 PM

Never understood why warlocks whine about their damage. Good warlocks that i know say that they do insane damage. I never understood why warlocks whine like this so far, and never will.
Posted Image

#24 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 2576

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:54 PM

I played WLS for the first time yday, the warrior dmg felt like a drug, it took me far away from reality and made me think I actually helped him do that dmg.

I carry warlocks both on spriest and warrior, atleast I can do my part of giving love back to warlocks for carrying me the other seasons
Please support my art at:
http://taken-usernam...rt.com/gallery/

#25 snackbacon

snackbacon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2437

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:56 PM

Warlocks have good representation and a number of T1 comps. Stop whining.

Thats because a great deal of them play with warriors :P

#26 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 2576

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:57 PM

Not saying im an amazing player, but to me, locks being more represented in higher teams than rogues (on my bg) means they are fine. Recuperate really isnt that bad, 4k ticks every 3 sec. I mean cmon think about ER or dks healing, or Ret or Spriest. All of these dps have much higher burst healing (which is where it counts) than a rogue.

wait, did you just list spriest healing along with rets?
Please support my art at:
http://taken-usernam...rt.com/gallery/

#27 Emopandalol

Emopandalol
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:04 PM

lolled
Posted Image

#28 uschearak

uschearak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:09 PM

wait, did you just list spriest healing along with rets?

lol although they arent even in the same universe, spriest burst healing (before going oom) is better than rogue recup.

#29 Cutcut

Cutcut
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 2/2/0/2/0/./.
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

Stop comparing the damn healing as far as I know priests and paladins are healing classes, aswell as druids and shamans. Rogues are not. I do agree some dps specced healing classes might have a tad bit too much off healing, but rogues are still a melee and melee only class. The fact that melee classes has healing effects that matters so much is just stupid in the first place, nerf the whole bunch. (dks,rogues,warriors) :ph34r:
edit: give me a lasting mana pool and id be happy if they removed lock healing aswell. But give more deepz. :heart:

Edited by Cutcut, 22 March 2011 - 05:15 PM.

Fixxo, Cutcutpewpew, Phasm, Mixz(i)FREELOADER

#30 Helei

Helei
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:20 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but every single class in this game can say, DOING MAJOR DAMAGE TO THIS GUY, POPPING CDS, BIG DMG INC.

I said for the first time playing arena the other day, "BIG BURST INC"...a hunter was at like 15k health and my "big burst" was haunt shadowbolt.......I think the shadowbolt crit for 8k and haunt hit for like 4k...................fml.

Edited by Helei, 22 March 2011 - 05:21 PM.

#31 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:22 PM

Lol you realise corruption and ua tick for about 4k if they don't crit?

At least a spriest cannot heal much/oom stupidly fast if they try, and a dk has to sacrifice things to heal.

And talking about warlock dots vs healing on a whole, sustained healing (recuperate) is worse than a deathknight/shadowpriest(if you can even include a shadowpriest here).

#32 Leonardu

Leonardu
  • Leonardó
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

Retarded game. Enough said.

#33 Motivation

Motivation
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 480
  • RBG: 576

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

please stop posting on these forums. you sound like an idiot in your posts.

rogues are they best they have been in a long time, sub is not only playable but actually does damage during dance, and the amount of control you bring to the table with that burst window, and defensive cooldowns makes them one of the best classes in my oppinion right now. You cant complain about a class when it has the capability to got 50-1 or whatever it was to rank 1 on BG 9.

#34 Dxm

Dxm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/0/1/2/2/1/.

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

liiiiiiiiike?

your class is fine.

t1
moonkin/warlock/shaman
rogue/warlock/(druid/shaman)

t2
warlock/dk/(druid/paladin/shaman)
warlock/spriest/(shaman/druid)
warlock/mage/druid
Posted Image

Rexington leverages core skillsets and world-class team synergy through sodomy to provide clients worldwide with robust, scalable, turnkey implementations of personalized, Internet-enabled e-solution architectures that accelerate response to real-world market demands, integrating and enhancing the e-readiness capabilities of their production environments across the enterprise, giving them a critical competitive advantage and swooping on niggas in the club.

#35 uschearak

uschearak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:57 PM

please stop posting on these forums. you sound like an idiot in your posts.

rogues are they best they have been in a long time, sub is not only playable but actually does damage during dance, and the amount of control you bring to the table with that burst window, and defensive cooldowns makes them one of the best classes in my oppinion right now. You cant complain about a class when it has the capability to got 50-1 or whatever it was to rank 1 on BG 9.

lol, just lol. Yes rogues are fine, not arguing that. The point is that locks do decent dmg, but they have arguably the best control in the game. Couple that with a warr/rogue and u have a good team. Single target dmg doesnt matter all that much. Your new job instead of spell cleave burstlol is to control and set up a kill for your teammate to kill and you help.

PS reckful got r1 in s8 (worst season for rogues) aka skill matters

The fact still remains, locks are one of the best classes in game, and one of the most represented.

Edited by uschearak_3668831, 22 March 2011 - 06:02 PM.

#36 Thes

Thes
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Wildhammer
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:21 PM

Lol you realise corruption and ua tick for about 4k if they don't crit?

At least a spriest cannot heal much/oom stupidly fast if they try, and a dk has to sacrifice things to heal.

And talking about warlock dots vs healing on a whole, sustained healing (recuperate) is worse than a deathknight/shadowpriest(if you can even include a shadowpriest here).

4k?! Damn with 7100 unbuffed SP I cant even get 4k crits. You must be killing those kids in the 1xxx

#37 Wickedpallyx

Wickedpallyx
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Icecrown
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

your class is fine.

t1
moonkin/warlock/shaman

t2
warlock/mage/druid

#38 Henley

Henley
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:36 PM

Posted Image
Oh hunters

#39 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:42 PM

our class is fine because we can join teams with really good classes

okay
s a d b o y s

#40 jopotsi

jopotsi
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

your class is fine.

t1
moonkin/warlock/shaman

t2
warlock/mage/druid

did you just list RLD as a t1 setup but shadowplay as t2?

tells enough how much you actually know about this game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<