Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-26 at 02:27. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo
- - - - -

GSL 5 BREAKING NEWS

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#161 Frostitutes

Frostitutes
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:01 AM

If you're going to crucify me on my exaggerated word choice of "awful" to simply get my point across, then whatever, go for it.

MVP is an insanely good player, so of course he won't be "awful" in TvP but it is definitely his weakest match up by far, and I would say that relative to his TvT and TvZ, his TvP does almost seem "awful"
Posted Image

#162 likeblam

likeblam
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:44 AM

I'm not going to cruficy you but the exaggeration is not needed to get your point across. We all speak English here.

Disagree on the point that in comparison to his TvT and TvZ his TvP seems awful. As I stated he has lost to some of the best PvT Protoss in the world. If you want to look at specific things in SC2 like unit composition and decisions he has to make towards coming out on top in an engagement, then yes it's awful compared to his unit composition/decision making in TvT and TvZ. But when you look at someone against a certain matchup you look at the player in general. He plays wayyy above average in TvP when it comes to macro, being creative, etc. Psure you couldn't get many terrans that could beat Alicia.

I just think he isn't confident enough in TvP. Probably because it doesn't go well for him in ladder? A possibility I guess.

Edited by likeblam, 28 March 2011 - 01:45 AM.

Posted Image

#163 Frostitutes

Frostitutes
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:21 AM

If you want to look at specific things in SC2 like unit composition and decisions he has to make towards coming out on top in an engagement, then yes it's awful compared to his unit composition/decision making in TvT and TvZ.

But that's exactly the point I'm trying to make. Sure his TvP is better than a lot of other terrans TvP, however that is because MVP is just in general so much better than most other terrans, not because his TvP is fantastic or anything. As I said, compared to how he does in the other match ups, his TvP seems awful relative to his TvT and TvZ.

Edited by Frostitutes, 28 March 2011 - 02:21 AM.

Posted Image

#164 likeblam

likeblam
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:53 AM

When it comes to certain things he does against Toss, yeah they're not up to par as his TvT and TvZ. Things he could improve on: knowing when to attac and choosing the right units to engage with. That being said i actually think that toss i simply a bit too strong. I find it hard to believe someone like MVP can lose to alicia (and all the other toss he has lost to), because he's clearly better at all the things that should matter when it comes to SC2. Not at all saying that alicia is bad, but MVP is better.

Edited by likeblam, 28 March 2011 - 02:54 AM.

Posted Image

#165 Crackslapper

Crackslapper
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:01 AM

MVP's worst matchup is defintely against P

I mean, when he's 20-2 against mirrors and is 6-1 against nestea in tournaments it's not hard to rule that P is his most difficult matchup

but when he was at his best during around GSL 4 I don't think anyone could've stopped him including protosses

if it seems like he's weak against P now it's because the new maps have been really good for protoss against terran

#166 Crackslapper

Crackslapper
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:05 AM

also I ended up watching the MVP vs. adelscott matches and holy shit anyone who says lag wasn't a major factor in that is a fucking retard

MVP ended up losing so many early units because he couldn't micro quick enough in both games including getting a REAPER surrounded by probes, and when someone has 300 sc2 apm that shouldn't happen under normal circumstances

and also his late game bio army micro was so awfully slow for someone who I believe has the best bio micro in the game

also, lol at adelscott having like 1.4k minerals and 800 gas when he's not even maxed out

#167 Dunc

Dunc
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/0/2/1/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:57 AM

Alicia is incredible, to take credit away from him is unfair

He's easily the second best Protoss right now and he plays like MC but he can also actually do things other than strong attack timings

also mvp isn't the mvp he was in season4 for some reason, it wasn't really a surprise he lost

Edited by Dunc, 28 March 2011 - 09:58 AM.

that's all we'll have when the world is through

#168 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:19 AM

mondragon shows that the obvious and easy response to stargate openers is to allin his base with roaches since he doesnt have shit and cant do shit

sen shows us (and idra) that the obvious answer to 5 gate/4gate is build a fuckton of spine crawlers because rallying roaches from your main against sentries is retarded

i now look smart in front of my friends for saying this shit for months

#169 Dunc

Dunc
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/0/2/1/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:25 PM

to be fair mondragon was against a 40 apm protoss who does the exact same build every game no matter what happens(I'm not even joking, watch his TSL qualifier matches)
that's all we'll have when the world is through

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users