Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-26 at 21:10. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo
- - - - -

GSL 5 BREAKING NEWS

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#61 Crackslapper

Crackslapper
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:36 PM

THERE IS ALWYAYS SOMETHING THEY COULD HAVE DONE TO WIN? REALLY?

Yeah that's sort of what makes you a better player and what separates bads from pros.

And before you reply to this, at this current point in time, understand that I do not think forcefields are overpowered, nor am I big july fan, I think mc is quite easily the better player between the two. Sentries are very expensive, and can only cast a finite number of forcefields, and one of the things zerg players need to constantly think about is to threaten attacks and bait forcefields

HOWEVER, the effort it takes to play zerg is bigger than that it takes to play protoss, because zerg as a race is badly desgined, and that is also what a lot of zergs are pissed off at.

baiting forcefields actually doesn't do much when they get 6-10 sentries early on

I can't even imagine how scared and badly the protoss would have to play to waste all of that energy before he commits to a push

it's just that with that many sentries protoss become pretty good in the midgame which they used to be pretty weak in, and I also think they aren't punished enough for bad forcefields since you only need about 3-4 decent ones to completely change the battle

#62 likeblam

likeblam
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:56 PM

^ that and you can't bait forcefields from good protoss players. did you fuckign see how fast MC placed those forcefields behind the roaches? you could never micro against that and it's even too dangerous to try.
Posted Image

#63 tmy

tmy

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:32 AM

Mutas are on 2 and banes on 3 l2p

If I also have infestors or brood lords though, I'll have those on 3 and lings and banes in the same control group

im sorry :(

i have had a winstreak of 5, all macro games ^___^v just spitting it out here to share it with sometone t____t

#64 likeblam

likeblam
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:38 AM

why doesn't my sig work? :[ do i have to have some sort of postcount?
Posted Image

#65 Airwavez

Airwavez
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:57 AM

forcefields are fine guys, clearly one of the best players in the world (july) just needs to L2P and L2micro out of forcefields.

July didn't even do shit to try to counter mass FF. He could've at least burrow > moved his roaches through the force fields, or did a baneling drop or something.

FF faggotry aside, MC is a straight up beast, a sick and solid protoss. July definitely needed to work for the win, he just didn't work hard enough
formerly Airwave

#66 likeblam

likeblam
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:34 AM

can people stop saying he didn't do nothing to try counter forcefields? you can't counter forcefields and burrow alone does not counter forcefields. besides every time MC pushed burrow wasn't even done.

i can assure you if MC played zerg he wouldn't of even got ro18 unless he was lucky like july.
Posted Image

#67 Dunc

Dunc
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/0/2/1/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:56 PM

plz trig dont say there arent 4 players that are 4 times as good as every other pro in the world

: (

and no u shouldnt need postcount

Edited by Dunc, 20 March 2011 - 01:56 PM.

that's all we'll have when the world is through

#68 Kzrs

Kzrs
  • Karzerus
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:35 PM

Make Ultralisks cliffwalkers
Buff Hydra speed off creep
Increase overlord speed
Give us more units +

boom zerg balanced

Edited by Kzrs, 20 March 2011 - 03:36 PM.

Posted Image
From Disaster to Master - SC2 (Bronze)

#69 likeblam

likeblam
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:59 PM

BOOOOOOOOOOOM quick tech to ultras for 4gate

plz trig dont say there arent 4 players that are 4 times as good as every other pro in the world

: (

and no u shouldnt need postcount

i am confus son :o

4 non pro players that are no namers?
Posted Image

#70 Dunc

Dunc
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:00 PM

no i mean none of the pros compare to mc/mvp/mkp/nestea

#71 likeblam

likeblam
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

but the pros are those players Oo also you missed jinro and idra.
Posted Image

#72 Dunc

Dunc
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

NEVERMIND MAN

mc in tsl today and another shitty code b terran instead of mkp yay!!

#73 likeblam

likeblam
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:24 PM

also i don't think there are any lines, everyone is at their own level really and it's hard to distinguish between players because the races are so different as well as playstyles. I'd say MVP, Jinro, Idra and Nestea are nearly enough on the same level (macro wise). But then MVP is a lot more refined, idra is easily cheesed and jinro just needs to work slightly on becoming a better player overall and i think nestea is pretty solid, around MVPs level. but yea you can't describe them all in one paragraph, need a lot more time
Posted Image

#74 Dunc

Dunc
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:29 PM

i dno i wouldnt put idra and jinro anywhere close to the 4 i mentioned but yea lol

#75 likeblam

likeblam
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:38 PM

idra can actually take games of mvp unlike mkp and so can nestea and jinro can beat idra so yea. i know you love MKP and he has potential but i'm sorry i haven't seen great play from him apart from really good micro and that's not what makes a good starcraft player. macro is what makes a starcraft player and idras macro is parallel to MVPs. he's just not as well equipped as MVP to deal with cheese, but that's probably because he plays zerg. the games vs jinro were just all in, spur of the moment "oh i'm losing i'm gonna base trade and hope to win". as you saw it worked against jinro because he wasn't prepaired, but he couldn't touch MVP. he was outclassed by miles

and yea MC is just a god at abusing toss units.

Edited by likeblam, 20 March 2011 - 05:40 PM.

Posted Image

#76 Gann1

Gann1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:45 PM

i'm GOD PROTOSS
here's a message from your same sex partner
he said you should've studied for your aids test harder

#77 Dunc

Dunc
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:59 PM

?? mvp said himself mkp/him are 50/50 on ladder

idra took a single game off him in like 400 and it got hyped by retards so now he's suddenly good? he got destroyed by drewbie and minigun yday who arent even close to koreans lol

http://www.teamliqui...topic_id=202819

i dno when MC picks mkp over jinro when jinro is on the same team as him and theyre good friends i think its p safe to say mkp's better

the xelnaga game wasnt all in at all vs jinro, he made jinro look like a complete shitter

As per each race, I think MarineKingPrime and IMMvp are the 2 best terrans, but IMMvp was knocked down to Code A recently, so it narrowed down to just MarineKingPrime

np

anyway we'll see in fxopen/gsl wc, if mkp drops a game to jinro/idra i will eat my shoe

Edited by Dunc, 20 March 2011 - 07:02 PM.

#78 likeblam

likeblam
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:10 PM

well i haven't heard about that

idra took a game off him and made him look like an average terran. idra never suddenly got good after that game, he was always good. the only foreigner to make it through all gsls?

that's one players opinion.

so one game it wasn't all in?

maybe i'm not giving mkp enough credit, but his playstyle has been all over the place.

just to state, i haven't seen a shit ton of games from all of these players. i'm just gathering info based on the last few GSLs
Posted Image

#79 Crackslapper

Crackslapper
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:29 PM

anyone can take a came off of anyone on ladder, but idra has only made it to the round of 8 and the only people who put him up there with the best are foreigner nut huggers (white people)

I don't think any korean rates him as one of the top zergs at all

#80 Crackslapper

Crackslapper
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:32 PM

jinro is also pretty good, but again, no way anyone could put him in the same league as some of the players dunc mentioned

2 ro 2s and getting really far in other tournaments (took 3rd place at gainward where mvp and nestea took 1st and 2nd respectively) > 2 ro 4s

MVP, MKP, nestea, MC are the players to beat right now, then you have players like jinro, nada, and even july

Edited by Crackslapper, 20 March 2011 - 10:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users