Photo

Colossus Smash now ignores 50% of a hostile player's armor (PvP)

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#261 cyrfer

cyrfer
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 576

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:14 AM

why should a plate wearing class with _AMAZING_ ranged capabilities and ways to avoid getting controlled be able to toe to toe warriors?

there is a huge difference between stating that you can´t go toe to toe against as warrior as a dk or that you should be able to kite EVERY cs.
well maybe it is possible to kite every cs, if you don´t do anything else but control the warrior, but how can you score a kill against a warrior team in this scenario?
sooner or later the warrior will land a cs and will possibly kill you
also even if you manage to kite every cs every 20 seconds, sometimes the warrior gets lucky and has 3 cs proccs and its sheer impossible to kite him for that long (unless you are playing mage dk druid or something like that)

btw i am playing my warrior too...

edit: i am not saying that 50% nerf is ok, in fact i think it will make warriors complete shit, because the only reason they are viable right now despite their completely broken mechanics is the insane damage.
tbh warriors could be given 50% or 70% arp baseline and all of their physical damage reduced. this way you could balance pve damage (aka sustained damage) without making warriors too bursty in pvp.
but this will never happen because colossus smash was such a good idea.

Edited by cyrfer, 24 March 2011 - 11:20 AM.

I have never trolled in my life.

#262 Fawxfighter

Fawxfighter
  • Members

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:35 PM

Blizzard seems to be designing this class so you have to kite them

The charge change is not needed imo. The CS nerf is fine since alot of players are having issues surviving the damage. Warriors are designed right now so that the longer they sit on your the more damage they do so yeah ccing them is a must.

I do think the damage is a bit over the top for sure but every class brings something new to the table and the warrior class brings damage. The main cause to warriors damage is not only cs but also lambs. 30% damage increase is pretty big. The 50% cs will just be like wotlk, most warriors used around that in 3s

Edit: LOL at warriors will be shit with the nerf. Your up time is getting a good boost and it is just 6 seconds. Being able to global something is stupid and ruins the game. You should not be able to take away 1/4th (sometimes 1/2) of someone's life in 1 global cd

Edited by Fawxfighter, 24 March 2011 - 02:39 PM.

#263 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:27 PM

The one thing I really don't like about this nerf is that all the compensations are in Arms--I know, I know, blah blah, no one gives a fuck about anything but Arms, but can anyone seriously think of a single good reason 0.5 hamstring GCD shouldn't be baseline?

I really don't like basic, quality-of-life things being spec-dependent, it would be like if only Unholy deathknights could use Unholy presence.

#264 Dryn

Dryn
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:44 AM

fix pummel and ill be happy ^_^

#265 Artunias

Artunias
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:24 PM

Looks like you can all stop filling the ocean with your tears, all the damage nerfs are in the latest notes. They also gave you a bonus and nerfed improved slam by 20%!

I'm normally a pretty positive outlook kind of a guy, but they just keep gutting our damage. We're still one of the easiest classes to kite, people will be jumping charges like mad again. I'M NOT SAYING WE'RE GOING TO BE SHIT. But I sure don't know if you'll want to be bringing us over any other melee. Let me edit that actually: over any dk/rogue.

Edited by Artunias, 25 March 2011 - 09:26 PM.

#266 Scyber

Scyber
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:45 PM

The "nerfs" are a revision of the buffs in a previous patch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<