#1 Gunvar

Gunvar
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:16 PM

Hi, my 5v5 team (some IRL-friends) recently changed the line-up to the following
Holy Pala (me) / 2xMS-warriors / Assasination Rogue (41/20/0) / Resto Shammy

We've only tried this setup for a week or so and hope to improve our rating, but we would really need some tactical advice considering our setup with 3 Melee-dps, 2 healers.

First of all the opening move: So far we've mostly been hanging out close to the starting area hiding and shadowmelding while assessing our enemies and struck when they started poking around too close. I'm wondering if maybe a full out charge wouldn't suit us better?

The DPS have mainly focused on their weakest healer or sometimes split up for one of them to CC a second healer or come back to relieve pressure from a healer. I know they're experimenting with this and some advice on the matter would be nice.

In the defensive line so far our enemies have mostly been focusing on our Shammy ( I guess that might change at higher ratings?) I think this makes him pretty occupied with staying alive, but trying to work his totem rotation and maybe some purges.

Me (the Pala) I'm typically trying to avoid CC/CS while BoF one warrior, cleanse randomly and ofc heal and BoP the shammy and after that BoSac if he's still alive.

If the shammy gets focused, would kiting be an option? Using BoF on him instead? Also I wonder if its a good idea to put BoF on the rogue instead of a warrior?

Answers to these questions and other tips about our different roles would be much appreciated, also I realize that we'd probably benefit from getting an offensive caster or two, any idea of how high a setup like this should be able to reach though?

Lastly i take the opportunity to ask if you know of any addon to show me the CD of the enemy's counterspell (gotta hate that spell if you're a pala).

Sorry about the long post, hope it's readable, guess I'll come back and edit if I dont get any replies
Cheers, Gunvar.

#2 Allu

Allu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 1/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1375

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:24 PM

Sorry to say, but you won't make it past 1600 or so running all physical melee DPS.

#3 Iceweaver

Iceweaver
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:49 PM

Well, this is going to be a very tough setup but with decent teamwork i am sure you guys could go somewhere.

For starters, i would start the game off with a charge eith you, the 2 warriors and the rouge. Make sure the shammy is close behind in rsnge of heals and the windfury tote
. I would als throw a BoF on the warrior over the rouge, the rouge can figure it out. BUT if your shammy is being focused by all means throw him a BoF after the warrior get the initial and let him kite like a bitch. Hopefully whe he is kiting you guys can drop that priest.

You will and should aim priest every game. All 3 of the dps should be on him with the rouge blinding and putting poisons on the pally.

Its going to be tough but hitting high 1700s shouldnt be too bad for starters.
oh, the add on you want is called
nature enemy castbar
ema

#4 Eve

Eve
  • Members

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:31 PM

Or Antagonist.

I agree though, this team probably won't make it past 1600-1700 tops.

#5 shyst

shyst
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:17 PM

/wave Zesta

#6 shyst

shyst
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:22 PM

Actually this team could work, 1800 shouldn

#7 Rhaegyn

Rhaegyn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:10 AM

I think the rogue is your weak point, if possible I'd get a frost mage,moonkin, resto druid, or warlock in that slot.

Nearly perfectly balanced per current class strenghts:
Hunters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<