Photo

So we finally get Spirit Link, but it looks underwhelming.

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#41 Fadezz^

Fadezz^
  • Fadezz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/1/1/1/.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:29 PM

Gee I hope blizzard makes the totem have a HUGE PULSING ANIMATION so that everyone knows when it is dropped. That's really all that's missing.

dont worry u will notice when u drop it something i call the SPELLALERT effect. the moment you sit down to drink or drop a mana tide an entire team of retards goes swarming to your position. god that mod needs to be deleted. god forbid people use their eyes to discern what happens in a fight :(

Edited by Fadezz^, 07 March 2011 - 05:30 PM.

#42 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:18 PM

Why everyone so sad/mad :(

This new ability looks awesome in many ways can be used as and aggresive tactical playstyle and be used defensive in many situations. Stop looking at the numbers and instead what oppertunities that opens :)
Posted Image

#43 Cawlin

Cawlin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:06 PM

dont worry u will notice when u drop it something i call the SPELLALERT effect. the moment you sit down to drink or drop a mana tide an entire team of retards goes swarming to your position. god that mod needs to be deleted. god forbid people use their eyes to discern what happens in a fight :(

holy fuck i HATE when you tide and a whole team lunges for it and its gone in 2 seconds, even if you stoneclaw it behind a pillar.

#44 Secondary

Secondary
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Assassination
  • LocationCali805

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:07 PM

holy fuck i HATE when you tide and a whole team lunges for it and its gone in 2 seconds, even if you stoneclaw it behind a pillar.

Agreed. Holy shit. It's to the point where i just drop it and rofl at their entire team desperately trying to get to it. The totem idea is based for pve, for sure. I'd rather we have a defensive CD that ISNT a one shottable totem :/ but it will help a lot against melee trains, i do agree. It's something to save yourself with in pvp, not really a teammate saver ability (situational ofc).

Default UI baby. We're better than the rest. It is kinda sad seeing how mod dependant people are these days :/

Edited by Secondary, 07 March 2011 - 10:12 PM.

#45 Tottemic

Tottemic
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:40 AM

Yes, the point is you're trying to say "hey look it compares to Healing Rain so its size is pretty nice", but the stated "problem" isn't the overall size, it is the fact that the shaman needs to be at the center of that to place it effectively, and so in the first place you would have to be close to your intended teammates. Looking at overall diameter does nothing to change the fact the shaman needs to be at the center, and that the center thus then needs to be as close to the teammate as possible.

Steps to dealing with range problem.
Step 1. Lay next to a pole.
Step 2. Dont have bad teamates stand in the middle of the arena.
Step 3. jk thats it
Posted Image

#46 Saracens

Saracens
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement 1/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1822
  • 3v3: 768
  • 5v5: 2079

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:47 AM

If it works on pets it might be quite a bit better... three, two, one... ALL PETS CONVERGE!

... :D
Posted Image
Formerly Adori of Cho'gall.

#47 Secondary

Secondary
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationCali805

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:42 AM

Steps to dealing with range problem.
Step 1. Lay next to a pole.
Step 2. Dont have bad teamates stand in the middle of the arena.
Step 3. jk thats it

Dont worry guys 0 time glad shaman hero to the rescue.

#48 Tottemic

Tottemic
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:29 AM

Dont worry guys 0 time glad shaman hero to the rescue.

O my fault I didnt know who i was speaking to if i knew you were going to rage I would have brought you some tissues.

Back to being constructive instead of /flexing my epeen if you put the totem on a pole it is going to more than likely be on anyone near the pole. I really don't think the range will be a problem at all. Not sure how helpful it will be either will have to wait and see.

ps uhhh whens this going up on PTR?

Edited by Tottemic, 08 March 2011 - 07:34 AM.

Posted Image

#49 Tist

Tist
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:22 AM

if this gets cleansing waters or wind shear nerfed i will cry

dont really care for this tbh its not needed

#50 Ruinz

Ruinz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1820
  • 5v5: 2136
  • RBG: 2557
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:39 AM

wind shear already got buffed, sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyy

#51 Durial

Durial
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationEngland, London

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:58 PM

I doubt the totem will have 5HP or so, if it does that's just retarded lol. It should be similar to the Paladins 20% dmg reduction thing. Poor Shamans have nothing atm ;(

But, like always! Blizzard like to stick to the 'Lore' of WoW, so when it comes to talents and abilities it will have to reflect the class it's self. Hence every Warriors defensive has a shield. So, perhaps, the new ability may be a totem with 5HP :D

#52 hotcowz

hotcowz
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:58 PM

Actually looks awesome. Imagine this. You are at 20%, your melee partner is next to you trying to peel. You drop this and Stoneclaw. Next moment, your health bar gets to ~60% (or 70-75% if your other teammate is nearby too). This is much much better than Desperate Prayer or NS+GHW. Now your opponents are forced to swap on the totem, which will take them 1-2 globals. This is huge as well because you get 3 extra seconds to catch up. Basically, this ability is Lay on Hands usable in arenas. It will be unlikely that you won't be able to top yourself off from 20% to 100% after dropping this totem with Stoneclaw.

Edited by stepijunk, 09 March 2011 - 12:01 AM.

#53 Secondary

Secondary
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationCali805

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:53 AM

Back to being constructive instead of /flexing my epeen if you put the totem on a pole it is going to more than likely be on anyone near the pole. I really don't think the range will be a problem at all. Not sure how helpful it will be either will have to wait and see.

ps uhhh whens this going up on PTR?

Placing a 10 yard range totem on a pillar isn't going to save it. Same shit happens with mana tide. Drop it behind a pillar with stoneclaw away from their team. Guess what? They all flock to it and kill it. Same thing is going to happen with this totem except now it's even closer and easier to get to.

O my fault I didnt know who i was speaking to if i knew you were going to rage I would have brought you some tissues.

I lol'd.

#54 cameronlol

cameronlol
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:37 AM

They all flock to it and kill it. Same thing is going to happen with this totem except now it's even closer and easier to get to.

Unlike manatide, this totem only needs to get one tick off to be relatively effective.
Posted Image

#55 jarmster

jarmster
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:51 AM

apart from the obvious flaws this thing has (stomping/range) shouldnt this thing work awesome with dmg reduction effects on the target that is being focussed? (ya i know you normally dont mindlessly keep on fisting a warrior that popped shieldwall for example) i mean if you would use a defensive cooldown such as shieldwall to reduce some huge incoming burst this totem will enhance its effect...sort of...not in terms of the overall dmg done but it will be easier to heal through huge bursts

for example you just dropped that thing and your mate uses a 50% dmg reduction right as some huge 50k burst is coming in (rnd numbers just theory crafting). so the dmg reduction would reduce the dmg to 25k but when the totem pulses (given 2 targets in range) this dmg is cut in half between you and your mate resulting in each of you only recieving 12,5k dmg. ofc the overall dmg done to your team is still 25k but this still makes a difference as you will have more hp when being switched on. i think in scenarios where your whole team is on low health this will work like a charm. also this thing making your whole team share the same hp pool will do great with the new warrior rallying cry thing

correct me if im wrong...thats just how i understood it would work
e: just read its percentage not actual health...sry should have used percentages in the theorycrafting also but u get the point

Edited by jarmster, 09 March 2011 - 04:01 AM.

#56 Secondary

Secondary
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationCali805

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:41 AM

Unlike manatide, this totem only needs to get one tick off to be relatively effective.

Doesnt it work like a HoT.

#57 Tottemic

Tottemic
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:40 AM

Doesnt it work like a HoT.

Most likely, but if its only a 6 second duration and say its bringing you from 10% to 50% then if it ticks every second (which it probably wont meaning you will probably get more a tick if it ticks say every 2s) you get ~8% of your health a tick. Sooooo 2 secs go by bam your up ~20k.

Very rough estimates, but seems like it could be half way decent.

Edited by Tottemic, 09 March 2011 - 07:41 AM.

Posted Image

#58 Neuromancer

Neuromancer
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/0

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:07 AM

The way I read it was like this:
Member 1 = 100%
Member 2 = 100%
Member 3 = 5%
1sec passes

Member 1 = 68.3%
Member 2 = 68.3%
Member 3 = 68.3%

And every second after that the health is rebalanced.

That's how I understood it at first. Which would make for quite a nice ability, very unique. Which is quite nice considering some of the homogenisation going on.

I wonder if the HP rebalancing will count as damage taken making it an aoe sheep/Blind/etc breaker as well.

#59 Tottemic

Tottemic
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:53 AM

Tested on PTR and it seems pretty random.

Did it once at 1% and teamate at 100% and we both went to 51% which was expected but then 2 other times we tried it we both got brought to 77% with the same conditions. Its instant and not a HoT also. So geneerally its a 50-70k instant heal if your under 20% or so.
Posted Image

#60 drk

drk
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:25 AM

Posted Image

its 5 hp

wl tappt down to 1%, as u can see we are both at 70-80%