Photo

So we finally get Spirit Link, but it looks underwhelming.

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#21 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Ревущий фьорд
  • Вихрь
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2281
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:36 AM

"This lasts 6 seconds, and every second it is active the health of all affected players is redistributed among them, such that each player ends up with the same percentage of their maximum health."

That means that if x1 and x2 are at 100% and you at 40% that in the end youll all be at 80%.
Over the course of 6 seconds youll be gaining 40% of your hp equalling about 50k.
Should the speed be nice though then you could pop it when youre just about to die. Lets say 5%, then youll all end at ~70%. Thatd be a 65% net gain in hp equalling about 80k.

Should the totem work like wild growth then it could have huge potential vs melee cleaves, a shamans main problem. Considering vs melee cleaves youre prob bunched up around somee pillar anyway.

Edited by Athená, 05 March 2011 - 01:39 AM.

I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

#22 nevercasts

nevercasts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:41 AM

"This lasts 6 seconds, and every second it is active the health of all affected players is redistributed among them, such that each player ends up with the same percentage of their maximum health."

That means that if x1 and x2 are at 100% and you at 40% that in the end youll all be at 80%.
Over the course of 6 seconds youll be gaining 40% of your hp equalling about 50k, about 8k a sec.
Should the speed be nice though then you could pop it when youre just about to die. Lets say 5%, then youll all end at ~70%. Thatd be a 65% net gain in hp equalling about 80k.

Should the totem work like wild growth then it could have huge potential vs melee cleaves, a shamans main problem. Considering vs melee cleaves youre prob bunched up around somee pillar anyway.

Oh, if thats the way it works I wouldn't care to much about it.
The way I read it was like this:
Member 1 = 100%
Member 2 = 100%
Member 3 = 5%
1sec passes

Member 1 = 68.3%
Member 2 = 68.3%
Member 3 = 68.3%

And every second after that the health is rebalanced.
+rep if this helped

#23 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Ревущий фьорд
  • Вихрь
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2281
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:49 AM

Im just guessing, that its either the same amount of % hp over 6 sec or a wild growth-like effect.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

#24 emokidqt

emokidqt
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/0/0/0/.
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:30 AM

Oh, if thats the way it works I wouldn't care to much about it.
The way I read it was like this:
Member 1 = 100%
Member 2 = 100%
Member 3 = 5%
1sec passes

Member 1 = 68.3%
Member 2 = 68.3%
Member 3 = 68.3%

And every second after that the health is rebalanced.

It will probably work this way and i can only see us use this when we get trained and you want to quickly get a big heal on yourself no matter the cost.

Basicly a second NS for ourselves with the downside that your teammates will take dmg.
Posted Image

#25 Tist

Tist
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:55 AM

Spirit Link Totem (new talent) reduces damage taken by all party and raid members within 10 yards by 10%. This lasts 6 seconds, and every second it is active the health of all affected players is redistributed among them, such that each player ends up with the same percentage of their maximum health. This counts as an Air totem and has a 3-minute cooldown

10 yards

its highly situational at best

#26 Pregnant

Pregnant
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 1614

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:23 AM

Spirit Link Totem (new talent) reduces damage taken by all party and raid members within 10 yards by 10%. This lasts 6 seconds, and every second it is active the health of all affected players is redistributed among them, such that each player ends up with the same percentage of their maximum health. This counts as an Air totem and has a 3-minute cooldown

10 yards

Stand on your lock's port at 10%, he ports to you with 90% hp, use totem, both of you go to 50%, he howls dps off you and you can top both of you.

Playing with a lock, we already coordinate howls like this, so not hard to use totem in conjunction with it, depending on whether or not its useful for you to gain the instant hp at the expense of your partners hp.

My main objection is that it's useful only when your partner is within 10 yards of you, which is melee range, so melee trains that are raping the shaman, can just hop off the shammy they were training and swap to the partner who just dropped a ton of hp because of the totem.

It just doesn't solve the problem of melee cleaves vs rsham, since the other team will just force the shaman to drop the totem, use an instant cc on the shaman, go on his partner who is standing right next to them and has already been dropped down to 80-50% of their hp.

They will either score a kill here, or swap back to the shaman as totem/instant cc ends, leaving his partner low and the shaman behind on healing as he has to top both himself and his partner through two pummels.

#27 Epothos

Epothos
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 1149

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:35 AM

Gee I hope blizzard makes the totem have a HUGE PULSING ANIMATION so that everyone knows when it is dropped. That's really all that's missing.

#28 nevercasts

nevercasts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:40 AM

Gee I hope blizzard makes the totem have a HUGE PULSING ANIMATION so that everyone knows when it is dropped. That's really all that's missing.

I vote for rainbows shooting out of it and fairies flying around it.
+rep if this helped

#29 mobikenobi

mobikenobi
  • Premium
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2362
  • 3v3: 2534
  • RBG: 1742

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:57 AM

this cd is awful it only affects players in a 10 yard range and the totem is most likely will die in 1 hit

Air totem

Spirit Link -> Stoneclaw

2 hits to kill now!
Posted Image

"Pain is only weakness leaving the body"

#30 Tottemic

Tottemic
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

10 yards

Ya 10 + 30% = 13 which is a radius so a 26 yard range.
If you want to picture this use Healing Rain and add 3 yards in every direction.....the Range is more than fine.

Air totem

Spirit Link -> Stoneclaw

2 hits to kill now!

Idk my mana tide gets 1 shotted by warriors/hunters/ferals while stoneclaw shield is up...

Edited by Tottemic, 05 March 2011 - 08:12 PM.

Posted Image

#31 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:55 AM

This totem is good in many ways if its used right. Looking forward to get it!
Posted Image

#32 Taoth

Taoth
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 768

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:34 PM

What's this!? Additional changes to benefit a Shaman? Hmm, makes me consider making an appeal on the forums to help Enhance out a bit, I'd kinda like to play arena again instead of being sidelined for a class that brings what I do and more.

About Spirit Link, at minimum it is a personal 10% DR for 6 seconds. At best it is a pull a partner back from the brink of death tool that can be used while silenced, since it is a totem after all.

It may pull the 2nd person in the radius lower than their previous max health and allowing them to become a target, but frankly not more of a target than the one already having been pulled to low %s. "Dude! The other guy is down to 60% switch switch!" "But our current guy has 60% too, with DoTs on him, and likely CDs already blown if he got to so low in the first place to need Spirit Link!" Granted yes it could be a good move to switch when such a situation happens as the other guy won't have Earth Shield, but it hardly makes him then become a liability cause as said he'll probably have a couple CDs ready for himself by then etc.

#33 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/0/0/0/2

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:06 PM

I think that the ability is too complicated to judge it before seeing it in action.

I'm glad they're trying to come up with unique solutions instead of just "give shaman bark skin."

If it turns out to be very good (or even just good) something else will probably need to be nerfed in compensation. I think cleansing waters would be the most logical choice.
Vadren#1175

#34 Exraze

Exraze
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction
  • RBG: 958
  • LocationStockholm Sweden

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

I think we are in a good state atm and its pretty fun blizzard giving us some unique ability that other healers doesnt have. Hopefully this will be very useful occasionally and i would never whine or say this isnt what we need since we did just get it for free without loosing anything else

#35 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:34 PM

[quote name='Tottemic' timestamp='1299355497' post='3107356']
Ya 10 + 30% = 13 which is a radius so a 26 yard range.
If you want to picture this use Healing Rain and add 3 yards in every direction.....the Range is more than fine.

No it's not a 26 yard range, it's a 10 yard range. That's the range of thunderstorm. Here's an example:
http://www.wowhead.c.../psychic-scream
Notice how it says radius: 8 yards
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#36 Tottemic

Tottemic
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:56 PM

No it's not a 26 yard range, it's a 10 yard range. That's the range of thunderstorm. Here's an example:
http://www.wowhead.c.../psychic-scream
Notice how it says radius: 8 yards

Its a 10 yard RADIUS meaning 10 in EVERY direction which means 10 to the right 10 to the left. 10+10 = 20. Since its 13 with the talent 13+13 = 26. Since the radius of Healing Rain is 10 also (refer back to earlier math) its diameter is 20. Since the diameter of the totem is 26 that leads to the hard thought conclusion that 26>20 which proves my point that the totem has a larger area than Healing Rain.

Studied at Taylor Carden Kindergarten before graduating to Rice Elementary.

Edited by Tottemic, 06 March 2011 - 11:57 PM.

Posted Image

#37 Karifailzz

Karifailzz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/2/2/.
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:59 PM

I can see it's viability as a tool to save your teammate when U don't have NS and can't (afford to) cast at that point. It can be really OP or it might just get stomped like a mana tide with 5hp.
[media]http://i.imgur.com/eBp2a.gif[/media]

#38 Taoth

Taoth
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 768

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:59 AM

Its a 10 yard RADIUS meaning 10 in EVERY direction which means 10 to the right 10 to the left. 10+10 = 20. Since its 13 with the talent 13+13 = 26.

Yes, the point is you're trying to say "hey look it compares to Healing Rain so its size is pretty nice", but the stated "problem" isn't the overall size, it is the fact that the shaman needs to be at the center of that to place it effectively, and so in the first place you would have to be close to your intended teammates. Looking at overall diameter does nothing to change the fact the shaman needs to be at the center, and that the center thus then needs to be as close to the teammate as possible.

#39 Tuhka

Tuhka
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:57 PM

The small range ends up in the totem getting killed the same second its dropped. The benefit of -dmg taken (10% per player) will be close to nothing. The sole purpose of this thing in pvp is to redistribute hp and with this range, hf getting switched on :(
www.facebook.com/humansculpture

#40 Fadezz^

Fadezz^
  • Fadezz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/1/1/1/.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:26 PM

The small range ends up in the totem getting killed the same second its dropped. The benefit of -dmg taken (10% per player) will be close to nothing. The sole purpose of this thing in pvp is to redistribute hp and with this range, hf getting switched on :(

use it as a self CD vs melee. u shouldnt have trouble keeping people up vs anything else. lock can always port to you too if u need to use it on him, mage can blink etc.

back to my point, melee training u-->partners run in--->totem dropped---> health goes up :D
hope it works decently <3

Edited by Fadezz^, 07 March 2011 - 05:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<