#41 Kriegar

Kriegar
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:51 PM

I didn't get to play or read AJ from late TBC until I resubbed last month, so I definitely noticed the changes in community you mentioned. To be fair, AJ always had it's share of epeen waving, but it was never this hard to find real discussions about strategy and balance before to my recollection. Sadly your request probably won't do much to change the general attitude. :\

#42 KennyEU

KennyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

View PostNifti, on 03 March 2011 - 01:31 PM, said:

I like how it hardly took 2 pages to make this thread exactly what it was trying to go against  B)

lmfao yep :D

and I rofl @ the constant bashing of lopez - some people need to grow up and realise people have different opinions, lopez' opinion is obviously often a little unpopular one, but he's not unreasonable - I'm sure you can convince him otherwise if you'd try and actually reason with him rather than just go "rofl lopez" every time he posts.

#43 AvengerVS

AvengerVS
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 2037

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:13 PM

View PostKennyEU, on 03 March 2011 - 02:10 PM, said:

and I rofl @ the constant bashing of lopez - some people need to grow up and realise people have different opinions, lopez' opinion is obviously often a little unpopular one, but he's not unreasonable - I'm sure you can convince him otherwise if you'd try and actually reason with him rather than just go "rofl lopez" every time he posts.

rofl lopez

/signed tho
get money

#44 inhume

inhume
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:07 PM

respect for opponents has really been removed from this game.  just listen to any skype or vent for an arena game and i guarantee most players will just say how bad the other team is.  just look at your own skype conversations from massive's video.  rather than just say what's going on or what you're doing you constantly belittled the opposing team's decisions.  when no one respects others, of course your going to end up having a bunch of negative posts with little regard for the other person.  and this is what has happened to AJ as most posters believe the other posters are dumb if they don't agree with their view.

#45 jizoke

jizoke
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:28 PM

Can we be friends now
Posted Image

#46 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:32 PM

View Postinhume, on 03 March 2011 - 03:07 PM, said:

respect for opponents has really been removed from this game.  just listen to any skype or vent for an arena game and i guarantee most players will just say how bad the other team is.

yep even talbadar!
Posted Image

#47 Dawnlolz

Dawnlolz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1708
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 192

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:49 PM

This is why we cant have nice things  :unsure:

#48 nstomper

nstomper
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Fire
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:57 PM

View PostZalador, on 03 March 2011 - 08:52 AM, said:

Rock says scissors are fine, paper is OP and should be nerfed though!

Except there is no deliberate rock paper scissor system in place.

Anyway.  These forums, much like the bnet forums are pretty flooded with class balance threads that consist of whining and bias shit.  It's a pretty big turn off.  I think everyone in WOW thinks they are a class balance expert.

#49 Rueben SR_US

Rueben SR_US
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 1991

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

I don't ever recall this being a truly respectful place of debate. The notion actually humors me. From my perspective this site has always been about bias, "status," and interpersonal relationships.

To be fair, WoW is a really shitty topic for discussion in the first place.

#50 Dawnlolz

Dawnlolz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1708
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 192

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

Spoiler

Might be true.
There will always be QQ tho, everyone wants theyr class to be fotm....
If a class gets nerfed for obvious reasons, the class has tasted fotm and goes QQ mode.

Good exemple is feral druid, they were able to shift out of nova's with alot of damage...
Mages QQ'd bout it, it got nerfed, now ferals are whining about nova's being rediculous (or wel most ferals i know r crying about it in gchat etc)...
List goes on :).

#51 Kzrs

Kzrs
  • Karzerus
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:25 PM

Will never happen. Because the WoW community as a whole is pretty shit. You have people who will endlessly complain about changes and then make various posts on them quitting, but come back and express how they are pioneers of the class. What a riot. Need to be more like Day9 in the sense that "Stop complaining about changes, just become better".
Posted Image
From Disaster to Master - SC2 (Bronze)

#52 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:29 PM

that's what I thought at start, after some investigation turns out he's just a shit poster

i remember he used to post on dk forums dk are overpowered and on general forum dks are fine, looks like he's just posting so people flame him lol
Posted Image
Timeless guide to warrior : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#53 abrahm

abrahm
  • Members

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:19 PM

View PostPowerslave, on 03 March 2011 - 04:29 PM, said:

looks like he's just posting so people flame him lol

My Mom is in her 50s, had 6 kids, still weighs 115lbs, and people think she's in her early 30s.  I get comments all the time people telling me they're jealous I'm so thin, have good genes, look so young.  My dad is 50  he isn't even balding, he weighs 150lbs, no beer gut, can beat guys my age in a foot race, travels the world, picks up 20 year olds in Japan.
ROFL jayru's reasoning for his "planned life"

#54 Mom

Mom
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationEau Claire, WI

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:08 PM

Really what do you expect when you leave posting access requirements the same and never revoke access from previous season gladiators.

#55 Watlok

Watlok
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:38 PM

View PostKzrs, on 03 March 2011 - 04:25 PM, said:

Will never happen. Because the WoW community as a whole is pretty shit. You have people who will endlessly complain about changes and then make various posts on them quitting, but come back and express how they are pioneers of the class. What a riot. Need to be more like Day9 in the sense that "Stop complaining about changes, just become better".
Except Day9 is talking about a different game.  If they made SC2 in to WC3 people would endlessly complain and probably quit.  Just like WotLK -> Cata.

#56 Kzrs

Kzrs
  • Karzerus
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:52 PM

View PostWatlok, on 03 March 2011 - 06:38 PM, said:

Except Day9 is talking about a different game.  If they made SC2 in to WC3 people would endlessly complain and probably quit.  Just like WotLK -> Cata.

Way to miss the point. The point is that no matter what game you play you will always make mistakes, aka your skill could be higher. That's embarrassingly obvious, can't believe I had to explain that to you.
Posted Image
From Disaster to Master - SC2 (Bronze)

#57 Watlok

Watlok
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:06 PM

View PostKzrs, on 03 March 2011 - 06:52 PM, said:

Way to miss the point. The point is that no matter what game you play you will always make mistakes, aka your skill could be higher. That's embarrassingly obvious, can't believe I had to explain that to you.
And? My account is inactive and will remain inactive until they fix the class design of roughly half the classes in the game.  It has nothing to do with making mistakes, playing well, or getting where I want to be.  It has everything to do with an incompetent development team making an unfun game and taking it backward instead of forward.

The funny thing is SC2 is having the same issue. The people in charge there are out of touch (although to a lesser degree) and refuse to make the best changes for the game.  There's no one race drastically weaker or anything, but they are ridiculous when it comes to map pool and buffing instead of nerfing.  Most of the new maps are terrible and they took out shakuras.  Why not just use GSL's map pool with a few extra thrown in?  They could add iccup maps, too.  Their choice to rely on hard counters instead of making each unit strong on its own and their choice for saturation focused minerals over expansion focused are both terrible as well, but those two choices don't guarantee a bad game. It could also be fixed in an expansion or expansion-like patch (like the big BW patch that buffed terran.)

Edited by Watlok, 03 March 2011 - 07:12 PM.

#58 JayS

JayS

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:09 PM

REEL TAWK

#59 Leryssa

Leryssa
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:28 PM

This... I find 90% of Lopezs' posts valid but it's always the typical "lol lopez" response...
Posted Image

#60 lucrativex

lucrativex
  • Junkies

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:28 PM

Talk about nostalgia....aj and the pvp community as a whole has always been an epeen measuring contest, let's not pretend this is some recent phenomena that was absent even during the tbc era
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<