Oh How It's Changed

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:08 AM

From what I remember of this site in the beginning when I started posting and reading in Season 2, the community was much more helpful and theoretical amongst each other. Posts in battlegroup threads were where all the shit-talk, hate, and laughs were at (at least for Ruin and Vindication). The Class and General Discussion forums were for those in search of insight on their class - whether it was improving your play, tips, guides, macros, or asking other players for strategies.

After TBC, I feel like every other new thread is just another thread to whine about their class or something in the game. It's nice to see threads of top players sharing their ideas/comps/strategies and that's exactly what this site was made for: to allow the top tier players of arena to talk to each other.

I know people care much less about arena than back then, and that everyone has a better understanding of how they want the game to be; but it's pretty sad when you look at every class thread and the first 10 threads are just: WHY I AM GETTING NERFED? BLIZZARD IS ALWAYS WRONG! FERAL SUCKS! SHADOW SUCKS! RESTO NERFED? COMPENSATION COMPENSATION!

Here's my challenge to all of you junkies here: Bring back discussion, do away with the crying. You can keep the trolling.

Edited by Talbadar, 03 March 2011 - 03:09 AM.

#2 movars

movars
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:09 AM

signed

first

#3 Mstrkrftz

Mstrkrftz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1338
  • 3v3: 1971
  • RBG: 955

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:24 AM

nuff said
THEMONEYTEAM

#4 Kushhx

Kushhx
  • Stayfresh
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental
  • LocationWEST LONDON

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:32 AM

sm0k3 s0m3 w333333d  :mellow:

#5 Fadezz^

Fadezz^
  • Fadezz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/1/1/1/.

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:35 AM

View PostTalbadar, on 03 March 2011 - 03:08 AM, said:

From what I remember of this site in the beginning when I started posting and reading in Season 2, the community was much more helpful and theoretical amongst each other. Posts in battlegroup threads were where all the shit-talk, hate, and laughs were at (at least for Ruin and Vindication). The Class and General Discussion forums were for those in search of insight on their class - whether it was improving your play, tips, guides, macros, or asking other players for strategies.

After TBC, I feel like every other new thread is just another thread to whine about their class or something in the game. It's nice to see threads of top players sharing their ideas/comps/strategies and that's exactly what this site was made for: to allow the top tier players of arena to talk to each other.

I know people care much less about arena than back then, and that everyone has a better understanding of how they want the game to be; but it's pretty sad when you look at every class thread and the first 10 threads are just: WHY I AM GETTING NERFED? BLIZZARD IS ALWAYS WRONG! FERAL SUCKS! SHADOW SUCKS! RESTO NERFED? COMPENSATION COMPENSATION!

Here's my challenge to all of you junkies here: Bring back discussion, do away with the crying. You can keep the trolling.

heh crying about crying good old aj <3 :P

#6 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:38 AM

View PostFadezz^, on 03 March 2011 - 03:35 AM, said:

heh crying about crying good old aj <3 :P
:D

#7 summoz

summoz
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Destruction
  • LocationSteve Irwin's backyard

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:43 AM

Signed.

Arena seemed to have lost attention after MLG dropped it.

Edit: That being said, regardless of nerfs and whatnot, i'll never stop playing lol.

Edited by summoz, 03 March 2011 - 03:46 AM.

#8 Grazzk

Grazzk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:46 AM

I concur.

View Postgawdd, on 23 March 2011 - 10:50 PM, said:

Ok this is the last time I waste my time with someone too stupid to recognize cleave takes ALOT more skill than warlocks.

View Postgawdd, on 23 March 2011 - 10:11 PM, said:

You just deny to see warrior cleaves involve a lot of strategies and you can't adapt to it. Cleaving is closer than any caster healer melee comp to Esport, because you kill people with damage, not CC and that actually takes effort.
Don't tell me you're not getting carried by FOTM. Your team has a resto shaman and a warrior, you don't deserve to talk about other comps. Getting a double warrior 3v3 team to high ranks is a bigger achievement, hands down.

lucrativex said:

GET GRAZZD

#9 Ahlaundoh

Ahlaundoh
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Anetheron
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1990

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:48 AM

yes please
Posted Image
Posted Image
pve the best

#10 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:53 AM

u are one of like 5 people on this forum who actually make an effort to discuss things rather than replying with what is basically "ur wrong im right pwned" gl with this initiative tho.......... ppl wont change
Posted Image

#11 abrahm

abrahm
  • Members

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:17 AM

I feel like a huge portion of it is the natural behavior of people the better they get at the game. It seems like everyone is now going through a post and literally nitpicking and TRYING to find something in someone's post that doesn't agree with theirs and then the whole thread turns into side arguments.
My Mom is in her 50s, had 6 kids, still weighs 115lbs, and people think she's in her early 30s.  I get comments all the time people telling me they're jealous I'm so thin, have good genes, look so young.  My dad is 50  he isn't even balding, he weighs 150lbs, no beer gut, can beat guys my age in a foot race, travels the world, picks up 20 year olds in Japan.
ROFL jayru's reasoning for his "planned life"

#12 Nevermynd

Nevermynd
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:35 AM

Good effort and initiative but you forgot that humanity is the scum of the earth and a grand percentage of humanity consists of worthless mongrels who eat up resources, space and time in and outside of this website.

#13 rinnxz

rinnxz
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:41 AM

yeah AJ around BC time was my favorite, one day I got banned for "trolling" in the BG forums and literally never went again, retarded...BG rooms should be shit talking fest imo

#14 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:49 AM

View Postrinnxz, on 03 March 2011 - 04:41 AM, said:

yeah AJ around BC time was my favorite, one day I got banned for "trolling" in the BG forums and literally never went again, retarded...BG rooms should be shit talking fest imo

long live lupacob

#15 rinnxz

rinnxz
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:02 AM

lmao, i <3 lupacob

#16 Ensipid

Ensipid
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2561

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:06 AM

Gotta agree, Ruin was fun TBC.

Maybe I"m nostalgic but last bit of descent info i've gathered from here was about kilroging my pet back to me for pillar humping pet killers.

That was years ago lol.

#17 vollex

vollex
  • Semenpeddler
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:09 AM

what will lopez do all day?

#18 mirandasings

mirandasings
  • Mirandasings
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:28 AM

cataclysm has brought out the worst in us
Posted Image

#19 Tomou

Tomou
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:30 AM

why rogue not buff??? dk nerf plz.  warrior damage too high.

#20 NiceSmeagol

NiceSmeagol
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationPants Party, MI

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:07 AM

Spoiler

When I go back to school in the coming months (weeks I hope) I shall construct a public speaking essay directed and game balance, class imbalances with propositions aimed towards a more harmonious time allocation of killing anything that is red while slaying dragons left and right.

I WILL DELIVER TALBADAR and while I pursue structured debate and discourse on matters of importance to the PvP community perhaps we could get Athene to speak on behalf of SCIENCE!.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<