Photo

Blizzard feels that Spriest will be fine as is, without Dispel?

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#21 nyzzeh

nyzzeh
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-C'Thun
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Shadow 0/0/0/2/2/.

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:14 PM

Let's say the same shit everyone said about the feral root shapeshifting removal compared to other melee; that's how it is for every other casters too so get used to it. Annoying isn't it :(

Other casters have spammable CC.

#22 Guest_DroozywOw~_*

Guest_DroozywOw~_*

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:15 PM

Shadow priests are not gonna be just trash after the patch. I'm pretty sure they will have tier 1 comps still.

#23 nyzzeh

nyzzeh
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-C'Thun
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Shadow 0/0/0/2/2/.

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:17 PM

Yes, there will be more PTR changes, next one is Mass Dispel no longer dispels friendly targets.
I'd be happy with better dot protection and dots costing the same mana as warlock's.

#24 devila

devila
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:19 PM

Shadow priests are just gonna be trash after the patch. I'm pretty sure they will not have tier 1 comps.

fix't.

Blizz compensated us with buffing disc :D Got mooncloth rdy?

You are honestly the biggest fucking retard I have ever seen on this forum

I posted the only serious response and you didnt even thank me you ungrateful asshole ill never help you again

Posted Image

#25 Pregnant

Pregnant
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 1614

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

Having the ability to spam dispel made it much too difficult for teams to even compete against teams with a spriest. Some teams don't even have the ability to cross CC and any type of CC they land is just obliderated by a dispel. Spriests have plenty of utility to "stay competitive". I am dissapointed by the amount of whining.
Defenses: Shields, Fade, Dispel Self, PoM, Heals, Dispersion, Life Grip, and Shield Freedom
Offense: Best burst damage there is, twice as much damage (if not more) than what locks do with DoTs, Silence, Psychic Horror, Psychic Scream, and Shackle Undead
You can sit there and tell me we don't have the tools to stay competitive? You have the mana efficiency of mages and warlocks already. Warlocks lose a huge amount of their hit points when they life tap. A lot more than ever before. If you life tap at low HP you're dead. Mages go OOM in a longer game when they are trained. They can't use the armor designed to prevent melee from training them because of this. Spriests mana gain is much different and requires more GCDs, but the end result is the same.

Defensive Dispel does not make Spriests competitive, it makes them way over the top. If you have trouble without it, it's certainly not the game's fault.

#26 Darrgen

Darrgen
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

Thoughts? No PTR changes with compensation in about a week for the dispel loss, but they are buffing dks dmg and warlocks lol.

So... anyone think there is any hope that we will be given at least SOMETHING to make up for the loss of dispel?

Or do you guys, and Blizzard, think we will be fine without it, and don't need anything else in return?

don't distort things looking for buffs. Dk buffs are for frost only which means if dks go frost no deaths advance. Walrock also needed something cause the damage they do is minimal atm. They are more cc oriented. Spriest will now have a penalty for spelling teammates unlike now where virtually any comp wit& a spriest can faceroll to glad. You still have good burst and offensive utility(md,dispel) as well as shields for teammates and decent instant cc. Priests are far.from gutted. In fact feral received far worse

#27 Desther

Desther
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:30 PM

I am pretty sure they will buff our dmg, blizzard way to fix class issues.

#28 betruger

betruger
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:33 PM

Sometimes classes have to lose something that made them who they were for balance sakes. Felhunter devour, intercept, tremor. Shit happens.

Dispels are in a broken state across the board. The goal of fixing/making a choice of dispels has failed miserably but this would be a step in the right direction as long as other issues are fixed as well such as shamans using dispel as their main heal against casters.

Multischool abilities need to be usable when locked out of one school to compensate and allow casters to actually cast again. Mindspike felflame FFB and starsurge. With the resil nerf casters will get shit on as every melee class that isnt r1 viable gets a 20% dmg buff thrown at it.

#29 Calx

Calx
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:03 PM

warlocks gaining dmg because they're a cc class makes no sense - how is that justification for the #2 caster dps getting buffed right after the #1 receives an absolutely massive nerf

you might as well say "spriests should gain cc buffs because we're a dmg class"

the same people who are suggesting warlocks get dmg buffs because theyre mainly CC'ers think their class is a unique special snowflake - this thread is about how spriests had something taken away with no compensation; something warlocks don't know about

#30 LowDeeps

LowDeeps
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:17 PM

Shadow will be completely broken in s10 unless they compensate us for taking away our defensive dispel.

I'd like to see changes like this to help us survive without defensive dispel. These aren't incredibly well thought out, but just for fun.

1. Better dispel protection

2. Psychic Scream needs to apply a non-dispellable debuff on those it hits that reduces their damage done by 20% for 8 seconds. This should help our survivability against our new warrior overlords.

3. Reduced mana cost of mass dispel. Mass dispelling even a poly will require a lot more skill than dispel magic. We shouldn't be punished mana wise as much as we are for being able to predict CC and still get MD's off.

4. Glyph of Psychic horror should reduce the CD of Psychic horror to 30 seconds, but have it remove the disarm effect.
I am:
:priest: Lowdeeps on Magtheridon
:priest: Lowdeepz on Arthas
:warlock: Lowdeepz on Emerald Dream

I FUCKING HATE TALBADAR SO MUCH.

#31 LowDeeps

LowDeeps
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:26 PM

Not like anything can compensate this.

The real problem is that there is a good chance blizzard *WONT* compensate us at all for this. There is a chance they won't compensate us even after shadow representation falls to nothing few weeks of season 10. God knows they aren't fixing boomkins or ferals for example.

They also nerfed resto shamans with the promise that sometime down the road they'd give them an o-shit button. I hope those shammies aren't holding their breath.
I am:

#32 Darrgen

Darrgen
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:31 PM

Shadow will be completely broken in s10 unless they compensate us for taking away our defensive dispel.

I'd like to see changes like this to help us survive without defensive dispel. These aren't incredibly well thought out, but just for fun.

1. Better dispel protection

2. Psychic Scream needs to apply a non-dispellable debuff on those it hits that reduces their damage done by 20% for 8 seconds. This should help our survivability against our new warrior overlords.

3. Reduced mana cost of mass dispel. Mass dispelling even a poly will require a lot more skill than dispel magic. We shouldn't be punished mana wise as much as we are for being able to predict CC and still get MD's off.

4. Glyph of Psychic horror should reduce the CD of Psychic horror to 30 seconds, but have it remove the disarm effect.

1. would be fine if it's not too penalizing
2. would be dumb because more than 1/3 of the time the dps would be 20% damage debuffed
3. You'll be lucky if blizzard lets MD even dispel friendly targets. If it didn't dispel friendlys then id be all for lowering the mana cost. Simple fact is 2x defensive dispel even with md is still way too strong. Or maybe a tradeoff decrease mana and increase cast time to actually allow a chance of stopping it.
4. pretty sure you'd wish want the disarm back if this went through. vs melee the disarm is very valuable. Either way I dont think there needs to be anymore short cooldown instant cc's in the game. Fought a survival hunter/spriest/resto druid(very good ones of course) that could literally control the whole team while in turn not being able to be cc'd hardly at all.

#33 LowDeeps

LowDeeps
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

2. would be dumb because more than 1/3 of the time the dps would be 20% damage debuffed

DK's have AMS up 7/45 seconds. That means they are COMPLETELY immune to casters 16% of the game. I think 20% mitigation against dk's for 33% of the game would be just fine for parity. =)
I am:

#34 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

lol md would hardly be overpowered if it went through BUT its so obviously just an oversight. asking for md to be buffed to be a more accessible defensive dispel for shadow... I can't tell if thats a joke or not.
Posted Image

#35 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:35 PM

DK's have AMS up 7/45 seconds. That means they are COMPLETELY immune to casters 16% of the game. I think 20% mitigation against dk's for 33% of the game would be just fine for parity. =)

this on the other hand is what we call an "ownage"
Posted Image

#36 Cantis

Cantis
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:42 PM

I love it how everyone is ignoring the quote by talbadar

#37 LowDeeps

LowDeeps
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:46 PM

I love it how everyone is ignoring the quote by talbadar

Lets see how he feels week 1 of season 10.
I am:

#38 stazzy

stazzy
  • Junkies

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:50 PM

i dont mind a compensation somewhere but dispel had to go sry, its even more dumb then 30% casting debuffs

Edited by stazzy, 01 March 2011 - 08:51 PM.

#39 Darrgen

Darrgen
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:53 PM

It wouldn't just be against dks, would be whole group a lot of times. And yes I agree Dk ams should be nerfed, cooldown should be increased to 1 min and glyph should reduce cooldowns instead of.make it last 2 seconds longer that way you're not giving dks an extra glyph slot

#40 zyori

zyori
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:05 PM

Shadows didnt need anything in return, should be more than fine with their mass dispel, 30k shields.

This is the worst post I've ever read. Chance of shadow keeping defensive MD is like 10%, and our shields certainly don't absorb anything near 30k, even though you'd like to believe that they do.

As far as where I think spriests will be next patch, I'm probably in-between some of the posters in this thread and Talbadar. It'd be nice to get some improvements to our dispel protection, but I'm not exactly expecting it to happen. An alternative would be to make it so, you know, healers(and shamans specifically) can't hop in circles and literally do nothing but dispel while they eat dinner and watch reruns of Seinfeld.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<