Photo

Blizzard feels that Spriest will be fine as is, without Dispel?

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#201 superchr1st

superchr1st
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:28 PM

its probably been mentioned several times throughout the thread, so sorry if im repeating old shit.

anyways, we shadowpriests agree, dispel in its current form is too strong to be left alone, no one should be denying that fact, but on the other hand, people should not deny the fact that if its completely removed as blizzard has planned for it, without any compensation, we will suffer a lot in arenas.

Why should spriets be the only dps class that can dispell? kinda stupid.
Good change.

do you want all dps classes, all healers, and for the sake of it, all tanks to be equal in all possible ways? thats indirectly what you are saying, and thats coming from someone playing the only class ingame with the ability to bubble. sounds like a really boring game you're hoping for.

back to the topic of shadowpriests in arenas - people are saying we will be fine, we'll just be more like other casters, and yeah, we will, but why would we want that? we didnt roll shadowpriests to be "almost a mage" or "almost a warlock", because we freaking rolled shadowpriests.

a solution? i dont really know, they put a six second cd on shamans dispel, would it be be too much to ask of something simular? the dispel change is (obviously) directed to the spamable CC a lot of classes can put out, which a spriest mindlessly can dispel, but giving dispel a cd (might want to be longer than six seconds, though)gives people a reason to bring spriests into comps post 4.1, as we have something other to bring to the table, though in a toned down matter as opposed to the no cd dispel spam.
i think it will also raise the skill cap as spriests are forced to really prio their dispels, as they'd be much more valuable.

Edited by superchr1st, 15 April 2011 - 03:30 PM.

#202 Devanox

Devanox
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:12 PM

Less dispelling teammates out of stupid stuff, MORE DAMAGE! =P

I approve of this.
Posted Image

#203 LowDeeps

LowDeeps
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:44 PM

Less dispelling teammates out of stupid stuff, MORE DAMAGE! =P

Can't flat buff our damage. It would effect PVE. Just throwing some ideas out there:

1. VT Dispel Effect now also grants the shadow priest 30% haste, and a party wide aura mastery for 8 seconds.
2. Shadow fiend has it's CD reduced by 30 seconds every time you get critically hit.
3. Shadow orbs now stack to a max of 6. (Would only effect PVP, since you can only really get that many from being tunneled)

Come to think of it, even if they did all this, it wouldn't come close to equal compensation for removing our defensive dispel.
I am:
:priest: Lowdeeps on Magtheridon
:priest: Lowdeepz on Arthas
:warlock: Lowdeepz on Emerald Dream

I FUCKING HATE TALBADAR SO MUCH.

#204 LowDeeps

LowDeeps
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:55 PM

I don't think more damage is the best way to buff us post-4.1,

But this is exactly how blizzard solved balance problems after nerfing MS? I demand equality! LOL.
I am:

#205 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:17 PM

More damage will never happen. Shadow priests have the best PVE DPS right now by far. In fact, the only thing holding back Blizzard from nerfing shadow priest damage in PVE is the fear it would hurt shadow priests too much after the dispel nerf.

Plus, shadow priests have pretty great damage as it is. The only big problem with shadow priest damage is a lack of solid dispel protection.

#206 ziee

ziee
  • Members

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:14 AM

Can't flat buff our damage. It would effect PVE. Just throwing some ideas out there:

1. VT Dispel Effect now also grants the shadow priest 30% haste, and a party wide aura mastery for 8 seconds.
2. Shadow fiend has it's CD reduced by 30 seconds every time you get critically hit.
3. Shadow orbs now stack to a max of 6. (Would only effect PVP, since you can only really get that many from being tunneled)

Come to think of it, even if they did all this, it wouldn't come close to equal compensation for removing our defensive dispel.

the 1st 2 changes would be OP as a mofo. I guess you just wanna rofl everyone? why not make it so that if the person dispeling VT takes X amount more shadow dmg and anyone with in lets say 5-10 yards will also get said debuff and the debuff it self is undispelable.

Edited by ziee, 16 April 2011 - 02:19 AM.

#207 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:17 AM

WTF...lolololol
This is a picture perfect example of bias.

#208 tanovahqt

tanovahqt
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy 1/0/0/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1316
  • LocationSeoul, South Korea

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:59 AM

Shamans lost spamable tremor, lust, and got a useless purge and undispellable earth shield did resto get anything in return?

i'd take spammable tremor over the state it is in now as a priest any day

#209 Devanox

Devanox
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:15 AM

The more damage bit was a joke...

4.2 will probably (hopefully) bring around a few balance changes for S10, we will see what comes with that.

Also, from what Blizzard has said it's probably a few weeks away from 4.1 release.
Posted Image

#210 LowDeeps

LowDeeps
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:02 AM

the 1st 2 changes would be OP as a mofo. I guess you just wanna rofl everyone?

Obviously my suggestions were a joke in this case. Shadow does not need a damage buff. We need to be balanced in other ways. Problem is it will never happen, because there is no way they will add or buff a mechanic significantly enough to make up for losing dispel. Not even close.

4.1 is shadow priest's doomsday.

Edited by LowDeeps, 17 April 2011 - 04:09 AM.

I am:

#211 deathrig2

deathrig2
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:48 AM

Obviously my suggestions were a joke in this case. Shadow does not need a damage buff. We need to be balanced in other ways. Problem is it will never happen, because there is no way they will add or buff a mechanic significantly enough to make up for losing dispel. Not even close.

4.1 is shadow priest's doomsday.

I have a solution to the dispel protection. All our spells tuning to be as efficient as Moonkin's sunfire in terms of mana cost.

#212 Alysana

Alysana
  • Junkies

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:11 AM

do you want all dps classes, all healers, and for the sake of it, all tanks to be equal in all possible ways? thats indirectly what you are saying, and thats coming from someone playing the only class ingame with the ability to bubble. sounds like a really boring game you're hoping for.

It has nothing to do with making every class the same, it's about balance. Currently dispell is ridicliously strong, and having 2 classes that can dispell in 1 team was just way overboard. Even as a warlock with UA, spriests would still spam dispell their healer while being trained hard and get away with it.

Not saying you shouldn't get a compensation or two, but trying to justify the ability to defensively dispell is just laughable.

#213 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • RBG: 2576

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:05 AM

Not saying you shouldn't get a compensation or two, but trying to justify the ability to defensively dispell is just laughable.

pretty sure theres no reasonable spriest who ever asked for anything different, only reason spriest are complaining is cause bliz has made no hint at any possible compensation for the removal of dispel. Which altho necessary, leaves the class in a sad state of just being able to tunnel dmg and throw some shields to help party members - given the fact that spriest dmg is incredibly ez to prevent/negate due to very bad dispell protection, this leaves a slight problem.
Please support my art at:
http://taken-usernam...rt.com/gallery/

#214 Jackellekcaj

Jackellekcaj
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:24 PM

with ua getting the buffs and spriests losing dispel, why the fuck would you even get an spriest over a lock...

#215 deathrig2

deathrig2
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:18 AM

More damage will never happen. Shadow priests have the best PVE DPS right now by far. In fact, the only thing holding back Blizzard from nerfing shadow priest damage in PVE is the fear it would hurt shadow priests too much after the dispel nerf.

Plus, shadow priests have pretty great damage as it is. The only big problem with shadow priest damage is a lack of solid dispel protection.

The only reason why it has the best PVE DPS is because of dark intent not because of shadowpriest's damage. If u take out dark intent u will see ur dps drop by 4.5k.

And shadowpriests are not just having the ones gutted from losing dispel magic.
Let boomkins lose decurse , let ele shamans and enhanement lose decurse when their teammates get hacked.

The parallel im trying to draw here is that shadowpriests get gutted for nothing , when other classes still can remove ccs in their dps specs. Dispel being compared to decurse.

#216 vard

vard
  • Premium Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:37 PM

It's infinitely better now though for a dps isn't it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<