Photo

Is frost going to be better than unholy next patch?

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#41 Darrgen

Darrgen
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:07 PM

This will bring the nerf stick quickly.

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. I was enjoying frost but now I have a feeling too many will switch and with these buffs that were largely unneeded something will get gutted.

I personally hope they are smart and take the time to nerf ams to 1 min cooldowns and make glyph reduce cooldowns of ams and amz by10-15 seconds. This would nerf ams and slightly buff unholy amz.7 seconds is a tad too long

#42 Dieszel

Dieszel
  • Junkies

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:54 PM

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. I was enjoying frost but now I have a feeling too many will switch and with these buffs that were largely unneeded something will get gutted.

I personally hope they are smart and take the time to nerf ams to 1 min cooldowns and make glyph reduce cooldowns of ams and amz by10-15 seconds. This would nerf ams and slightly buff unholy amz.7 seconds is a tad too long

eh... it's a fine line. Frost still has very poor mobility so it's easily trainable and if you further nerf its survivability it will be obsolete again with the DR on resil.

Skip these damage buffs, Keep the perma death runes, and then I think it's left alone (still OP imo though)

#43 Darrgen

Darrgen
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:59 PM

eh... it's a fine line. Frost still has very poor mobility so it's easily trainable and if you further nerf its survivability it will be obsolete again with the DR on resil.

Skip these damage buffs, Keep the perma death runes, and then I think it's left alone (still OP imo though)

Well I run with a priest which helps.me in the mobility department. I don't personally agree that frost is that much easier to kill simply because we can get blades armor but with resil nerf it could push us back down to death in cs deepfreeze levels. We'll see how it plays out though. Also more than likely these adjustments were made because of pve so you have to think of changes that do not effect that

Edited by Darrgen, 01 March 2011 - 10:01 PM.

#44 Ghazuk

Ghazuk
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:31 PM

buff frost dmg more and nerf mobility ! i want warrior v2.0 plx kkthxbye
Posted Image

#45 Chainý

Chainý
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:28 AM

FrostDk/Shadowpriest/Restodruid here, we are already doing very good with this comp, iam very happy over these changes, frost is to less damage... :)
I think they have to Buff obliterate also, iam just critting for 35k on a mage, a warrior can crit for 40k+... :)

#46 Alisea

Alisea
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:03 AM

FrostDk/Shadowpriest/Restodruid here, we are already doing very good with this comp, iam very happy over these changes, frost is to less damage... :)
I think they have to Buff obliterate also, iam just critting for 35k on a mage, a warrior can crit for 40k+... :)

HEHEHE, not

#47 Drake

Drake
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

Unholyplay: Unholy.

That actually got me thinking. What makes Unholy superior to Frost in Unholyplay, except the name? I mean, Hungering Cold into Psychic Scream like a baws.

#48 Chainý

Chainý
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance / Rache

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:54 AM

I played against many dk´s and many mirrors with Uhdk´s, and we never lost, we land a kill at the most time in the first 2 minutes with HUGE ammount of pressure from frost with pilar+on use trinket, otherwise its very very good when u have to play defensiv with roots and maybe hc for the mirror team when the dk summons his garg and transorm his pet... Well, otherwise uh its pretty much the highest incoming dmg compared with shadowpriest when u have Frenzy+Trinket+Dt+Garg, but after this as uh i dont see any reason that uh is better for unholyplay.
I personally liked unholy in s5-s8, but now i feel like they changed us to the new BM Hunter´s, where the pets, and a good makro for garg with trinkets etc. do the job.

#49 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:31 AM

That actually got me thinking. What makes Unholy superior to Frost in Unholyplay, except the name? I mean, Hungering Cold into Psychic Scream like a baws.

Mobility, especially mobility when being focused. In fact, that's the one thing that is keeping unholy ahead in a ton of comps.

Edited by GLopez, 03 March 2011 - 01:34 AM.

#50 Chosencaine

Chosencaine
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection 2/0/0/2/2/2/2

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:23 AM

so then if we decide to go with frost, 2h or dw?

#51 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:32 AM

After the buffs in the last patch, 2H all the way.

#52 Zom

Zom
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 2421

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:37 AM

Frost wouldn't really work in unholy play, less mobility on dk, no gnaw / DT charge for interrupt / snare etc. Most of these things are generally used in kill combos.

#53 Secksonlegs

Secksonlegs
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • RBG: 2113

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:05 AM

Frost wouldn't really work in unholy play, less mobility on dk, no gnaw / DT charge for interrupt / snare etc. Most of these things are generally used in kill combos.

Well it worked for me( frostplay with a shaman or as we call it gripcleave :D) till about 2.6k mmr 2550 tr then we got farmed down by the same enha/warrior team that just train frosty the snowman ;(

#54 Thassel

Thassel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2400
  • 3v3: 1926
  • RBG: 1957

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:14 AM

dumb question, but when exactly do you NS/HB and when do you obli?

#55 Grishnaz

Grishnaz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:28 AM

dumb question, but when exactly do you NS/HB and when do you obli?

Same here, I have no idea how this spec works, when you NS/HB the pressure seems none existant, and when you OB you stand around for ages doing nothing and have no runes for utility...would love to know how this spec works so I could give it a proper go rather than running around hitting the odd 25k

#56 Naga

Naga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2557

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:55 AM

Que Bashel for frost spec guide :)
Posted Image

#57 Alisea

Alisea
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:52 PM

just play around a bit with frost and use what you prefer. there are some obvious situations where obliterate is weaker than hb+ns (plate armor targets for example, or dmg reduction cooldowns blown on your enemy). on the paper hb+ns is maybe better, but i love obliterate with a KM procc up cuz i like huge numberZZZ!! ;( often you are forced to use obliterate if you grip the healer, hungering cold him and your kill target stands next to you... so fuck, just step into the arena and have a look, its not that hard to play frost ^^

#58 Thargun

Thargun
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Frostwolf
  • Blutdurst

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:08 PM

There is no excat plan when to use what, its very situational whats best. For me as non oblitter can tell you these common situations:

something cced next to your target (hb range!) -> heavy ns, fs use

2+ targets close to each other -> heavy hb use (snare all targes in addition)

max nuke without cds -> heavy fs use

max nuke with cds (pof, orcracial, str on use trinket, fc proc) -> i mostly ns here (with everything poped a 6ns ERW stack is insane!) if uh/death runes used -> fs -> instarefreshed uh runes -> ns again (max cds ap is around 26k with tsg buffs)

enemy cds like barksind, painsup -> more ns use

use grip to bring more targets in hc

throw some chains when needed to hold a target or help your mates

keep a little in mind that you can kind of influence which runes you ge tinsta back with when you fs or dc.

besides that its always a questions of resources that influences this rough plan. important as frost is to keep the dmg rolling. you need a lot of fs or if not else possible dc to get runes back. don´t pool runes or rm too much. i hardly run out of anything.

hope that helped a little

greets Thargun

Edited by Thargun, 03 March 2011 - 04:11 PM.

#59 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:41 PM

After playing frost in some rated battlegrounds, what I ended up doing is always Obliterate when I had a Killing Machine proc, Howling Blast and Necrotic Strike on plate and to pressure, and Obliterate for burst and on cloth, leather and mail. It's really one of those things you just feel for.

#60 Chainý

Chainý
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance / Rache

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:55 PM

I play unholyplay as frost on eu-vengeance at rank 1 with 95% winrate and we just lost to some fails from us...

And about the mobility... i have enough to get the kill nn 75% if u can play. Of course as unholy you have better mobility but its not like i cant live without DA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<