Exiztence
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline
  • LocationCz

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:38 AM

Love how the good hunter comps are always borderline retarded.

Tough choice. Not srs. Ill trade poly for scatter trap any day of the week.

Posted Image

#42 sockersot

sockersot
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:22 AM

no but entrapment isn't worth it due to one with nature being so ridiculous

HAHHAHAHA listen to him! he's best hunter world m8!
Posted Image

[11:46:28 AM] Ruddy: srsly I rly wanna get drunk with you dude xD
[11:47:12 AM] Sockersot: sorry i'm not gay.

#43 Gabel

Gabel
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 192

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

Shrug, I specced out of entraptment aswell. Atleast for 2s, I find that I'm always using freezing trap for pressure and snake traps always delay/break cc.

#44 Entarion

Entarion
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:55 AM

HAHHAHAHA listen to him! he's best hunter world m8!

And you missed half your freezing arrows last season, amazing right there? Seriously, stop hating on people just because they're performing better than you.

#45 Exiztence

Exiztence
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationCz

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:57 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 sockersot

sockersot
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

And you missed half your freezing arrows last season, amazing right there? Seriously, stop hating on people just because they're performing better than you.

yeah i need to learn from this hunter, he's just... mind blowing!
Posted Image

[11:46:28 AM] Ruddy: srsly I rly wanna get drunk with you dude xD
[11:47:12 AM] Sockersot: sorry i'm not gay.

#47 pastorkristi

pastorkristi

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:37 PM

I just want to ask how come it's so OP since u the diff between 1/3 and 3/3 is 400rAP....and that's not that much since it's not like U're using AotH non-stop....I know it's hard to annoy hunter with a warr on ur ass but 2.6k+ teams should be good enough to NOT let the hunter turret dmg into them and actually have to use AotF on the move....so in that case the only possible situation U might mean is that U're using focus swap macros for chimeras and aimed shot....so U say that that extra 400rAP is so OMG cool that it's worth the 2 talent pts over entrapemnt even tho U prolly use it like for CS and AiS mainly ?

Well I guess the turret mode with imp string followed by web is worth those 400AP but srsly no team should let u and ur warr have that zergfest on someone unpunished....but I guess the comp is rly that retarded who knows-I can't find a warr to try it with :/

#48 Exiztence

Exiztence
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationCz

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:06 PM

Please wait deciphering.

Posted Image

#49 Jimbalanced

Jimbalanced
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1658
  • 3v3: 959

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:16 PM

jesus taking 1 point to do 200more damage or taking a proc that causes you to stand in the middle of a trost trap vs 2 already over damage dealing classes.

HMM..

#50 Korlic

Korlic
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:07 PM

hello james u fucking beast

#51 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2002
  • 3v3: 2636
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:23 PM

Ima let you finish but Squanky is my hero

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft: CCataclysm

im an idiot

#52 gotemz

gotemz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:27 PM

Warrior peels > entrapment most likely. Why take the talent when it's not needed?

#53 Jimbalanced

Jimbalanced
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1658
  • 3v3: 959

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:57 PM

hello james u fucking beast

sup korlicbawz

#54 Leryssa

Leryssa
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:49 PM

Please wait deciphering.

hahahahaha am I the only one getting annoyed to hell by the capital U he does all the time?
Posted Image

#55 laeden

laeden
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:48 PM

The argument that you will use entrapment more than one with nature is kidna silly. If you rarely drop snake trap and frost trap, then entrapment will rarely have any use. Also remember that one with nature works for fox too, restoring 5 focus every time you are hit instead of 2 without it. So really if you think about it one with nature is used 100% of the time unless you aren't using an aspect, whereas entrapment is only used IF you frost or snake trap.

#56 Exiztence

Exiztence
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationCz

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:05 PM

hahahahaha am I the only one getting annoyed to hell by the capital U he does all the time?

It's not just you and it's not just that.

Posted Image

#57 simplemind

simplemind
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 768

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:06 PM

#58 Areez

Areez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:14 PM

I just want to ask how come it's so OP since u the diff between 1/3 and 3/3 is 400rAP....and that's not that much since it's not like U're using AotH non-stop....I know it's hard to annoy hunter with a warr on ur ass but 2.6k+ teams should be good enough to NOT let the hunter turret dmg into them and actually have to use AotF on the move....so in that case the only possible situation U might mean is that U're using focus swap macros for chimeras and aimed shot....so U say that that extra 400rAP is so OMG cool that it's worth the 2 talent pts over entrapemnt even tho U prolly use it like for CS and AiS mainly ?

Well I guess the turret mode with imp string followed by web is worth those 400AP but srsly no team should let u and ur warr have that zergfest on someone unpunished....but I guess the comp is rly that retarded who knows-I can't find a warr to try it with :/

I do sit in hawk most of the time. I don't see how that's surprising. There's only 2 instances when you should switch to fox - 1 if you're getting trained by melee cleaves which are all but extinct at high ratings, and if someone is pillaring you but 99% of the time it's not smart to overextend or follow them anyways. And it has nothing to do with the other teams being "retarded" enough to "let me" - Warriors have stuns, you have 2 5 second roots on your team...it's not uncommon for me to have a good few seconds of dps on someone and i get aimed shots off all the time. There's not much other teams can do about it, and if you're gonna call players like mouzi, drmayo, talbadar, vorrent bad then i don't know what else to tell you dude.

Bottom line, entrapment is a bad talent. Your frost school trap cool down is 99% of the time better used as a freezing trap on the healer. Even if it's eaten or dispelled, it's pressure. It forces the other team to be in a certain position in order to stop the trap, and ultimately keeps you offensive which is what hunter teams are all about. Snake traps simple delay or break crowd control every time they are put down. The deadly poison lasts too long and it's never worth it especially considering entrapment drs with the warrior root im pretty certain. Even if it doesn't, 400 more AP 100% of the game is still far, far superior and going from 3 to 5 focus gained in fox with melee on you is an insane increase, almost double.

Also, it's pretty pathetic that people like sockersot are hating. If you're so good, please run the comp higher than me. I really couldn't care less I'm simply sharing with the hunter community what I think is our current most powerful comp. I see a lot of negative things on these forums and hopefully hunters can enjoy the game more and have more success in arena by running this. Also, nobody even knew who you were until you got in Cata beta. I've been widely known since i nearly qualified with ATC last tournament realm, only missing it by 2 points due to not knowing that we had to que. Even though we didn't qualify, I was still the highest hunter on there by 200 points, except Unum's other team where he played hunter I think they were within 50 points of us or something. Also played it to 2960 with a 95% win ratio last season, not that live matters but it's worth noting. Again, if you don't think any of that proves anything then I have nothing to say to you. Haters gonna hate.

#59 Areez

Areez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:23 PM

Love how the good hunter comps are always borderline retarded.

Agreed, that's just how our class works. And to be honest with you, there's a lot of comps that are borderline retarded.

We just played a good shadowplay with a druid last night with one of the two shadowpriests in the US that is actually good, Mouzi. The amount of damage that kid does is just unbelieveable. All they do is sit behind a pillar on dalaran and use the succubus pet to continuously knock the warrior off. If they get a full row of dots on something, it's basically over at that point. Full row of dots on two people? Yeah, I'd say that's borderline retarded to heal through as well. And we rely on a huge burst to force cooldowns and somehow kill something in a silence or scatter since i'm not allowed to use real crowd control when a spriest is on the other team, and using 15 globals to dispel fear ward off the druid isn't viable. That's the only thing we have had trouble with so far, lost 50 points to it in a series of mostly dalaran (and i'm sure all the haters are gonna have orgasms after reading that, but that in no way means this comp is weak). We did get some retarded kills in that series too, but their wins were pretty decisive. I think better swapping and preventing fears from the lock more will net us consistent wins in that matchup, especially next patch with spriest dispel nerf and warrior buffs vs cloth. Same way ATC had to play at very high levels vs players like snutz, venruki, glickz, benys, etc.

Bottom line is all "good" comps are retarded or cheesy in some way and that's just something the WoW community hasn't accepted yet I guess. It's just the "type" of retarded that makes the comps different. For example, ATC and kung fu cleave rely on high burst on a target while using instant ccs on healers. Dot cleaves like shadowplay rely on overwhelming the opposing team with spread damage pressure. Enh shaman melee cleaves rely on obnoxious survivability and self heals while training 1 target, forcing all of the defensive cds, and then killing through heals. So it's pretty unfair to pinpoint hunter comps as the ONLY thing that's retarded in this game simply because you don't like dealing with high burst damage or eating traps.

#60 pastorkristi

pastorkristi

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:07 PM

Yea I see u're right bout AotH. Btw many people knew Sockersot pre-Cata too but idd ke kind of stays away from tournays dunno why.

And btw even if u quilified do U think hunter setup can win a tourney like ever ? Last time that happened was like long time ago as beast cleave I think when the comp just got real or maybe I'm mistaken ?

Just I notice that hunter setups are not rly as competitive at tourneys just cause people can abuse our class's mechanics and that fucks us up more than the other classes don't u think ? And I talk about the times pre-Cata lol cause atm arena is so bullshit and that's why there isn't WoW at MLG atm. :>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<