• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 384

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:46 PM

Hello.
I wanna ask u if u feel that we need buff for afflic dmg?
I think that we need and atm i wanna trade:

1. soulswap (or jsut glyph + inc cd by 5sec so u cant just spam youre aids to every1 near u,but it will be nice ability for swap from one target to other(ppl that dont play locks plz check soulswap glyph))
2. nerf di to it will give u just 3% haste and that all (no more 3% stack x3 dmg/healing)
3. nerf shadow embarace or just remove it and swap with something diffrent

for:
1.overall buff of dots dmg by (here dunno how much) but 20-40%

it will inc lock skill cap in pvp and also give us some nice feeling that our dmg its not lower the warriors bleeds...

what do u think ?
plz also write youre ideas

thx

ahh and! some new Soulburn use for afflic... to make dmg! those shards are quite useless generaly its instant summon pet for second lock or ss+hs to tank abit more slams on ours faces.

Edited by vuriontm, 27 February 2011 - 08:50 PM.

#2 Restlesso

Restlesso
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 2/1/0/1/1/2/1
  • 3v3: 1699

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:56 PM

Just remove Soulswap and give us a dmg buff to our dots

- FIXED -
- THE BEAST IS LØS! -

#3 fearlol

fearlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 1531

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

Our damage is way too low atm but locks are still strong cuz they can make alot of pressure and control .if they are going to buff our damage they should nerf soul swap somehow . remove the glyph and increase the cd to 20 sec or more.

#4 duskfallx

duskfallx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2363
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:36 PM

warlock single target pressure is laughable, for many people seems like lock pressure is high because they usually end up with high damage output at the end of games just because of spread damage which is irrelevant in most cases, while we definitely do lack the burst. it feels impossible to do pressure atm, if you compare it to other classes it doesn't seem fair. I'd love to trade Soul Swap for more single target damage.

#5 fearlol

fearlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 1531

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:54 PM

warlock single target pressure is laughable, for many people seems like lock pressure is high because they usually end up with high damage output at the end of games just because of spread damage which is irrelevant in most cases, while we definitely do lack the burst. it feels impossible to do pressure atm, if you compare it to other classes it doesn't seem fair. I'd love to trade Soul Swap for more single target damage.

thats true . even though i keep doting multi targets warriors doing 10 times my damage = [

Edited by fearlol, 27 February 2011 - 09:54 PM.

#6 vuriontm

vuriontm
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:13 PM

plus panishment bonus of ua.. plz like 15k will beok

#7 nihilísm

nihilísm
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:23 PM

all our dots need a buff (best to just increase mastery bonus)

But we need compensated nerfs otherwise, like one target only tongues, and an increased cd on soul swap

But yes, our single target needs to go up, pretty laughable atm.

#8 Nyttan

Nyttan
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Guardian 2/0/2/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1050
  • 3v3: 1792
  • 5v5: 192
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:30 PM

If I were to face a buffed warlock team I'd kill myself.

Maybe you need a revamp but certainly not a buff to the damage if they can't scale the multiplepressure you can keep during an arena game.

You're not supposed to be a bursty spec, that's the part of your second partner. You're there for control and for multipressure.

it breaks repentence, just make sure you use sac not salvation (hehe ^^ learned hard way)

#9 duskfallx

duskfallx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2363
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:36 PM

Maybe you need a revamp but certainly not a buff to the damage if they can't scale the multiplepressure you can keep during an arena game.

You're not supposed to be a bursty spec, that's the part of your second partner. You're there for control and for multipressure.

that's why we want them to remove Soul Swap.
also, I agree we're not meant to be a bursty spec, but we're not meant to do average 2k DoT on a 125k health pools.
-_-

#10 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:36 PM

except our damage is so low that our multipressure is really easily manageable :|

and if you've been reading warlock forums, you'd notice that most of us have been saying to nerf our ability to pressure multiple targets (by nerfing/removing soul swap) and reward us for casting
s a d b o y s

#11 Nyttan

Nyttan
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:38 PM

that's why we want them to remove Soul Swap.
also, I agree we're not meant to be a bursty spec, but we're not meant to do average 2k DoT on a 125k health pools.
-_-

Ofc, I agree with you to fully, I just feel like blizzard really need to revamp affliction from the basics if you'd like more damage, but yeah, I dno

it breaks repentence, just make sure you use sac not salvation (hehe ^^ learned hard way)

#12 MihMa

MihMa
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:52 PM

You can outheal our "multipressure" with rejuv on each player.
Dots needs some kind of buff along with SS glyph removed. It is just not needed at all.
I played some 5s today in asia comp, and my mage+rogue was killing shit while I was running around SSing HoTing and barely do any damage for direct kill. I felt so boring :<
On the other hand direct dmg buff would make MLD MLS incredibly strong tho.
And I like what the guy on the similar topic said about earning casts. He is 100% right.

#13 Malevolént

Malevolént
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:56 PM

Lock's CC is fine, rest is shit and I'd pick up any class dmg wise but a warlock (even surviveability isn't that great with the self healing nerf in 4.0.6, only advantage over a mage or sp may be portal esp. on z axis maps).

#14 Nyttan

Nyttan
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:03 PM

You can outheal our "multipressure" with rejuv on each player.
Dots needs some kind of buff along with SS glyph removed. It is just not needed at all.
I played some 5s today in asia comp, and my mage+rogue was killing shit while I was running around SSing HoTing and barely do any damage for direct kill. I felt so boring :<
On the other hand direct dmg buff would make MLD MLS incredibly strong tho.
And I like what the guy on the similar topic said about earning casts. He is 100% right.

I know I can outheal your "multipressure" but when it comes to me getting feared and every players are fully dotted and a retarded dk/rogue jumping around hitting whatever and swap whenever to whatever target it's there it gets harsh.

Your damage alone is easily outhealed but coupled with a good partner (Dk and rogue pmuch) and with your control it'll get out of hand if your damage is getting buffed without revamp to other things.

#15 averuki

averuki
  • Junkies

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:05 PM

fix dispell, it will help more classes

#16 MihMa

MihMa
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:10 PM

I know I can outheal your "multipressure" but when it comes to me getting feared and every players are fully dotted and a retarded dk/rogue jumping around hitting whatever and swap whenever to whatever target it's there it gets harsh.

Your damage alone is easily outhealed but coupled with a good partner (Dk and rogue pmuch) and with your control it'll get out of hand if your damage is getting buffed without revamp to other things.

Sure, some nerfs will be needed in case of increasing dots damage, remove SS glyph would be the first. Agony is single target spell may be? Less braindead shadowcleaves are welcome.

#17 Superkåre

Superkåre
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:29 PM

most of my damage comes from UA dispel nowadays

#18 solli

solli
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • RBG: 2276

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:29 PM

Should buff aff dmg and nerf cleansing waters, its so stupidly op against locks atm.

#19 nihilísm

nihilísm
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:39 PM

No one has remotely stated that we want to be bursty.

We know that's not the spec.

Don't even get me started on the pitiful nature of destro atm.

But as affliction, for our dots to be ticking even LESS than they were in wotlk with 5x the health pools, there's an issue.

With the ease that it currently is to spam dispel dots and only have to suffer a UA while your team makes sure no furth UA's go out, it hurts our pressure that much more all the while dispelling freely the insta casts we try to get out.

Either buff damage, or change dispel mechanics because as it is right now, without getting a UA up and having shit spam dispelled is basically the equivalent of healers all getting a spammable pw:shield for 10k damage against melee. It's the same thing, you dispel before the dots tick and it's the same fucking thing.

#20 Ensipid

Ensipid
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • RBG: 2561

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:52 PM

DISPELLING IS THE ISSUE.

imho

0 user(s) are reading this topic