Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:37. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Rift Head Start - first Impression

• Please log in to reply
486 replies to this topic

#41 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:57 PM

Does it have more pvp incentive than WoW had at launch ? Yes. The idea taken from other MMOs before I'll be it, but it's there.

ya it has more than wow had for about 2 months then they added honor and bgs (hey that's what rift has).

I am not saying it's a bad game or that it isn't fun, but the pvp in the game fills an entirely different niche to wow arena (and this site is kind of about wow arena)
Posted Image

#42 Kabutokun

Kabutokun
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Anvilmar
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/2/0/.

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:28 AM

Rift shall fall just as the others have. Players will come back, except a defiant few. Life will go on.
Posted Image

#43 Prankss

Prankss
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:46 AM

I actually dont think rift will fall like others have (AoC, WAR, Aion). But at the same time I dont expect it to kill WoW. I think its a extremely fun game to play if you're bored of arenas and looking to do some classic vanilla Wpvp. Really it lies in the hands of Trion to keep this game going strong, and so far impressed. To take such a shitty engine and make a extremely clean game is not a small feat and I think so far its lookin good.

#44 daays

daays
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:02 AM

I actually dont think rift will fall like others have (AoC, WAR, Aion). But at the same time I dont expect it to kill WoW. I think its a extremely fun game to play if you're bored of arenas and looking to do some classic vanilla Wpvp. Really it lies in the hands of Trion to keep this game going strong, and so far impressed. To take such a shitty engine and make a extremely clean game is not a small feat and I think so far its lookin good.

This game's fate was sealed when they chose to go with the Gamebryo engine over Unreal 3 or Crysis.

Probably one the worst business move you could make.

#45 Furl

Furl
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy
  • LocationSacramento CA

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:52 AM

Look at rift graphics compared to Tera, Tera blows it out of the water

#46 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:23 AM

I've lost 19/19 warfronts because people in this game have the collective intelligence of a fucking snail. They don't ever know how the fuck to play this game. Also, rogues are currently way OP and mages suck massive cock, bit annoying since I lvled mage.
Posted Image

#47 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:25 AM

Oh, also, I despise when a world event happens and people sit there questing, then the zone gets taken over and they can't turn in the quests they were doing. I'm pretty sure the game just attracts full on retards. I'm hoping with the full release that there will be so many players that the world events will always have participants, but now it's just bad.

Oh, and yeah, the pvp seems to be god awful so far. The fact that there's 4 classes each with 8 roles, and a 9th pvp role, means you have 36 classes to deal with. That means there's far too many skills to even have a clue what is going on and when, not to mention the 3 roles at once, thing, so it's impossible to tell who is what. Everyone's got a completely different setup and there's just too much to learn. Also, the people, so far, seem to be complete retards and focus tanks in pvp. That said, the way the pvp works is great, it's fun, but it's the whole vanilla wow BG shit. You walk in, blow some random fuck up, and walk out, then you lose the BG because no one paid attention to the objective. The PvE looks like it's going to be pretty fucking good, though. I know you all hate PvE, as do I, but it looks great. Hopefully they figure something out for pvp.
Posted Image

#48 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:44 AM

the thing is those games didn't even fail. Warhammer still holds over 200k subs and AoC i'm pretty sure has better. People think they "failed" because they didn't kill wow even though they're both still making tons of money and easily have plenty of players to play with and against all over the place.

Even if rift "Fails", it's still going to have a decent playerbase left over.

Edited by faction, 01 March 2011 - 10:44 AM.

Posted Image

#49 daays

daays
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:18 PM

Failure isn't when the game dies.

Failure is when 75% of your population leaves for another game.

WAR went from 800k to 200k now. From 60 servers to 4.

#50 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:53 PM

sure you could consider that a failure. I don't really though because I don't think any mmorpg has had its playerbase actually grow over time since wow came out.
Posted Image

#51 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:07 PM

also if anyone playing guardian on briarcliff or w/e its called who isnt obsessed with how rift is the wow killer wants to play the game talk 2 me, my name is Dancer i am a strong warrior
Posted Image

#52 Kaiko

Kaiko
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Demon Soul
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:19 PM

I've lost 19/19 warfronts because people in this game have the collective intelligence of a fucking snail. They don't ever know how the fuck to play this game. Also, rogues are currently way OP and mages suck massive cock, bit annoying since I lvled mage.

I've had Mages beat me on DPS, and seen amazing CC Mages. One of my buddies plays as a healer/support and he does amazing. Rogues are pretty alright to me. Sabs are a pain in the ass, but I think that will die down as more coordination happens between me and my friends. We currently care nothing about low-level PvP and just use it to level up.

Also any Warrior who wants to hack the damage done meters yet actually just be useless go Reaver/Riftblade. So many DoTs healing you + Master of the Abyss for a full heal and a bunch of AoE spells.

#53 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

mage dmg seems pretty shit, for most souls their cast time spells do like maybe 15% than their spammable instants which is lol. I'm sure you can do really good dmg on the charts in a bg but you're not actually killing anything thats getting healed in a million years while sabs/rogues in general and champs destroy everything even if it doesnt show on the dmg done chart.
Posted Image

#54 Kaiko

Kaiko
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Demon Soul
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:22 PM

imo I think the problem with that is level. DoTs tick for shit compared to the AoE heals. I assume it'll get better at 50 with gear, where AoE DoTing a pack of people will put some pressure.

As for Mages my buddy beat me once to top the damage chart against my Riftblade main soul spec. Since then he's pretty much not tried and stuff (He AFKs a bunch).

Again I really don't know, Mages complain a lot on the forums yet I play a Warrior so I have no way to really see how a Mage's damage is working. Pyromancer seems to be the best single-target, but I hear a lot of people including my friend complain about cinderblast being shit.

#55 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:32 PM

yeah i'm hoping it's level but unless something drastic changes with gear I doubt it is, since most souls get the same dmg bonus talent. Warlock dots at lvl 20 tick for like 20-22, while champion spam instants *hit* for over 150.

Edited by faction, 01 March 2011 - 04:33 PM.

Posted Image

#56 Nereva

Nereva
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Wrathbringer
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:56 PM

Highly Accessible HD Graphics: Play a game that has stunning visuals on virtually any computer, even if your PC isn’t state-of-the-art.

Haha.

I really cant understand why they took Gamebryo (or however). The game looks so bad... Aion was SO stunning. Why the hell did they take Gamebryo?..
Posted Image

#57 barradin

barradin
  • Members

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:38 PM

Mage suck until you get closer max level, from what I hear. The Rogue spec Saboteur one shots people, it's broken. An example of higher end talents mage gets... instant cast polymorph with no cooldown or DR. Chea. I'm playing Pyromancer and it's much better at 29 than it was at 19, relative to opponents. I don't have points yet, obviously, to multi tree yet.

#58 bl00dlust

bl00dlust
  • Junkies

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:26 PM

the two worst players on AJ circle jerking their blizzard devotion for one another
take their advice.

and i linked a video because it says my character is fucking shannanagins
great new website

if you had any intelligence you would know to switch your character to your "2700" character. you dont have to have it as shannanigans or whatever...

#59 bl00dlust

bl00dlust
  • Junkies

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:27 PM

I was watching my boyfriend play last night, and the animation thing does seem like a huge deal. He blinded something and it was nearly impossible to tell. It was really like this mob was just randomly standing there.

Then in warfronts, it seemed like a clusterfuck where no one could tell what class is what.

It's disappointing. Every new game that comes out has to fail at one fundamental WOW made sure to have right. For WAR, it was combat lag. For Aion, it was slight combat lag and a really shitty grind. For this game, it seems to be animations.

your bf... what? you dont really sound gay in skype >.< lol

#60 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:31 PM

I'm the manliest gay in the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users