Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:37. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Rift Head Start - first Impression

• Please log in to reply
486 replies to this topic

#481 spiz

spiz
  • Members

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:48 PM

If you're being one shot by fulminate then you're doing something completely wrong. The best geared mage on my server hit me for 3600, considering I have much more then 3600 HP, I would hardly call that a one shot. L2P bad kid

Pretty high numbers... Close enough to one shotting at times. This is Veev's video by the way, posted on rift game forums.
Full thread: http://forums.riftga...for-Pyro-nerf-P

Originally Posted by Hermispew
What a suprise, another 'pyro is op' video where the pyro has the red orb buff - so all the numbers you see, halve them, and that is the pyros dmg - the other half is from the red orb. Anyone using red orb dmg numbers/dps to justify calling for pyro nerfs is not the brightest, hopefully the devs are smart enough to just get rid of the red orb buff and half the qq'ing about pyros will be gone. Until then, QQ more, if your going to post pyro videos/ss's , use non red orb dmg.

You should open your eyes when other mages are saying this class needs fixed ASAP. But if you want to do the math, without the red orb buff:

Flame Bolt - Hit 738, Crit 1107
Fireball - Hit 950, Crit 1428 (plus DoT effect)
Inferno - Hit 1242, Crit 1863
Fulminate - Hit 2617, Crit 3930

Considering it's very easy for Fireball/Inferno/Fulminate to all line up to hit within 1 second of each other, you can still pretty much "1 shot" (or 1 global) people with ease, with or without the buff.

If my sole objective was getting Pyro nerfed I would have made a video without using it at all, but as I said in the description it's more for entertainment than anything else.
www.voodooguild.net

#482 Prankss

Prankss
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:06 PM

That is with a 50% damage buff(berserker) from battlegrounds that can be dispelled........

Edited by Bravez, 04 April 2011 - 09:06 PM.

#483 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:20 PM

Pyros are obviously ridiculously overpowered, theres still alot of problems with balance. Pyros need to be nerfed and then instant cast heals need to be nerfed/casted heals buffed.
Posted Image

#484 Prankss

Prankss
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:22 PM

Pyros are obviously ridiculously overpowered, theres still alot of problems with balance. Pyros need to be nerfed and then instant cast heals need to be nerfed/casted heals buffed.

I completely agree, but even with my clerics shit gear, ive yet to be one shot by a pyro that doesnt have berserker.

#485 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:23 PM

Clerics are pretty much completely immune to magic damage so that's not a good indicator. If a pyro lines an instant cinderburst up with a fireball landing and a countdown+inferno that's a gib on any non-cleric 100-0 in a global.

Happens to the people I play with and against all the time, all of us agree its retarded, even the pyros. Our games are literally decided on which team has more pyros, or if equal amount of pyros, which team has more healers, because Rogues and Warriors do shit in comparison to Pyros/Healers atm.

PvP is just far too heavily comp based, far far far far more than WoW has ever been. You can't outplay a team with 2 pyros, 2 clerics and X if you're running something like Warrior/Warrior/Rogue/Cleric/Cleric. It is not possible, you will lose every time and it will be a complete rollover even if they are skeying clickers, assuming they have equal gear/spec etc and at least know how to click their spells. I have NEVER felt so helpless as I have in Rift in these situations.

Edited by faction, 04 April 2011 - 09:37 PM.

Posted Image

#486 Cannigit

Cannigit
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:33 AM

lmao ele shamans

• Moderators
  • Draeneiclass_name