Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:37. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Rift Head Start - first Impression

• Please log in to reply
486 replies to this topic

#21 barradin

barradin
  • Members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

ya bro you caught me

#22 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:15 PM

People are being very real with the facts of Rift. I don't think anyone here disputes some of the deficiences when compared to WoW (i.e. the animations). I still play both games. But it's dishonest and retarded to bash a game that is perfectly fun and playable.

Come the fuck on, this site is supposed to represent the best of the best. Are you people fucking staring at your animations to monitor your CC? Do you just randomly blind/fear/etc shit in the arena to the point where your partners need to tunnel focus CC animation to know how many seconds are left on blind?

Good players call this shit out anyway and/or are fully coordinated. The animations are lackluster but it isn't the end of the world. Get a grip.

lmfao if you don't look at animations in wow maybe that's why you hate it so much. neilyo would never vanish a deathcoil in rift because he wouldn't know what fuckin spell the deathcoil was.
Posted Image

#23 barradin

barradin
  • Members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:19 PM

why am i not surprised the debate degraded to this when a game came around that rivals wow?
"WoW has better... animations. Fuck yeah."

#24 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:22 PM

RIVALS WOW, Just like Warhammer, Aion, Vanguard...........................................................................

lol.
Posted Image

#25 barradin

barradin
  • Members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

Arguements against Rift
- Other games suck
- "WoW has better... animations. Fuck yeah."

#26 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:25 PM

Arguments against Rift:
-Looks like total shit due to engine.
-Plays like total shit due to engine.

Arguments for Rift:
-"Well i'm a bitter ex-WoW player and..."
Posted Image

#27 barradin

barradin
  • Members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

Arguments for Rift:
-"Well i'm a bitter ex-WoW player and..."

...Pretty sure you're the one who drew e-peenery into this.

Anyone who has ever pvped in WoW at a remotely decent level (even like 1800) will spot all the flaws in its pvp pretty much instantly.

#28 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:29 PM

what in the *FUCK* is that even saying jesus.

see you in a month.
Posted Image

#29 barradin

barradin
  • Members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:30 PM

agreed, i'll see you @ 50 in a month
logging off AJ, lol

#30 bxc

bxc
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1/0

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:17 PM

lmfao if you don't look at animations in wow maybe that's why you hate it so much. neilyo would never vanish a deathcoil in rift because he wouldn't know what fuckin spell the deathcoil was.

I don't know if you're illiterate or just have a baby dick and have to act big on the forums to man up every day, but I've mentioned like 34 times now that I am not happy with the animations. You can't even vanish deathcoils in WoW anymore. Who gives a fuck. If you don't like the game don't play it.

#31 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:02 PM

didn't you just write a manisfesto about how "good wow players dont need animations" or whatever. that was a pretty good example of how they do...
lol

have fun in rift dude your faux unbiased persona is done. at least u have the made up stories of how you did the SIck Moves in the Rift World PvP and totally followed everything easily

Edited by faction, 27 February 2011 - 10:03 PM.

Posted Image

#32 Ragerlis

Ragerlis
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 576

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:18 PM

The game is pretty decent to play for fun, and its pretty dumb compare a 5+ years balanced game with a brand new one.

But yes, wow pvp is better, animations make a huge role in pvp and overall wareness, especially in a game without addons possibility.

#33 tk51

tk51
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:41 PM

worth spending 50$ ?

#34 Lillpappz

Lillpappz
  • Members
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:00 PM

PvP balance cannot be discussed because there is like 10 people in the world on max lvl if even that (we had one lvl 48 on my server when I logged off). And on max lvl you still need to farm pvp rank so you can spec your pvp soul. You have to farm gear so you have resilience.

Im also 100% sure they will patch in animation IF the community asks for it. This is a bg game and they will most likely never balance every spec in the game and animations if probably a thing that doesnt matter to alot of people (btw if you cant see the blind animation you are clearly blind). If that is the only thing you can whine on then leave this thread and dont come back. The game hasnt even been released yet.

This game is more like vanilla wow where some classes were better then others at different things. But that is also why you can have 4 specs.

I find it to be a really enjoyable game and endgame looks really promising both pvp and pve wise. Just make sure to roll the character that suits you because every calling is different.

#35 Rice

Rice
  • Junkies

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:49 AM

worth spending 50$ ?

I would say no because I think it's too similar to wow personally but it's not a bad game by any means.

#36 Lillpappz

Lillpappz
  • Members
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:09 AM

worth spending 50$ ?

Only buy it if you have the mentality that you are looking for a good game and not a replacement for wow. Then you will most certain have a good time.

#37 Cpz146

Cpz146
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/1/2/2

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:34 AM

WoW has been around for a very long time and has had a ton of work put into it and with an 11 million + player base no game in the near future will kill it. That being said Rift is a pretty fun game for now and a nice break from WoW when the game is so out of balance and the latest thing they added to the game ( rated bg's ) being completely shit just adds to that list. The animations part of Rift is kind of gay but that is a pretty easy fix. The game is new there will be some things wrong with it but as for now i think the game is a pretty good and I'm actually having fun with the leveling /world pvp.

#38 Renshei

Renshei
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Proudmoore
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:39 AM

Well whenever you get bored of standing outside of SW or Org semi afk showing off your arena ratings when you're not playing them; theres a new MMO out that's the most polished one to be released in the last 5 years ( maybe ever ? ) and is incredibly fun/smooth running.

Yeah they copied alot of things from WoW, Warhammer, etc, but only for the better. Good ideas are always re implemented. I'd rather an MMO steal alot of good ideas from WoW and prosper than 'not' and fail miserably.

We can just cross our fingers and hope they implement a competitive instanced type pvp system later on, or atleast give an incentive to go out roaming around in search of world pvp because as of right now it seems to be an awfully pve based game. The instances are very polished compared to any other mmo I've played and they already have 20 man raid instances as the current end game pve progression outside of the epic rifts.

More competitive pvp scenarios than WoW in it's current ? No.

Does it have more pvp incentive than WoW had at launch ? Yes. The idea taken from other MMOs before I'll be it, but it's there.

This is only the beginning. If Rift cares enough to sprawl some of the more competitive pvpers from the WoW fandom I'm sure they can figure somthing out.However, that's a very small minority of people in comparison to the massive amounts of pve heros that chose to indulge in the player versus environment side of an MMO.

#39 Prankss

Prankss
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:31 PM

From what I can tell Trion seems to care A LOT about the community. I was extremely skeptical as well about this game but after playing it for the last week, I can say that I am hooked. I think there is def some things that need fixing (i.e Animations) but if you compare the small shit wrong with this game compared to the BROKEN SHIT in vanilla wow and how long it took LOLBLIZZARD to fix them, its really a joke. It really is all up to Trion and what they decide to do with the game, but I honestly am feelin good.

p.s I am a 2700 rated player, and I approve this message rofl

#40 Kaiko

Kaiko
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Demon Soul
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:59 PM

tbh they have a point. I'm sure in time they'll get addressed though. Right now it's hard to tell anything that's CC'd beside a polymorph. Once content patches roll in I'm sure it'll be updated.

As many have stated though, Arena's have aren't be implemented in Rift. It's been stated a bunch and I assume the majority of PvP focus will be World PvP and Battlegrounds. Already experienced a few Defiant raids and it was fun, but zergy-PvP fests aren't really my thing. Hoping we'll have a 5v5 Warfront sometime and pretty much use that as an arena substitute.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users