• Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 0/1/2/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 1903
  • 3v3: 1991
  • RBG: 576

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:00 AM

I have an itchy trigger finger and sometimes will fall for a fake- cast but it seems if a healer is over 50% health you can expect a fake cast until they dip to about 25% then they get desperate.

How do you avoid getting juked?
MAL'GANIS HORDE:
The Very Best Server For High Level Arena

twitch.tv/wheyproteend best warrior NA

• Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety ./././././.
  • LocationSanta Barbara, CA

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:32 AM

personally playing with about 30 ms, I just interrupt the end of most casts, Unless I have some dumb lag spike I can hit all casts with 80%+ completion. Most people don't fake cast more than 60% or so unless it's a big cast like HT or GH. Also being faster than their fake is useful. When playing 2s or something where I can just triggerfinger the interrupt super fast, I can usually hit a cast at about 20% and with 30 ms it takes a rediculously abnormal fake cast to juke before 20%... that's just my input personally as a pally. Mind freeze has some sort of projectile so idk how well the end cast hitting works, but try it out and see how it goes.

Kesher said:

Losing the movement speed in BP doesn't really matter either with Death's Advance, not that you're going anywhere anyway since if you're in blood presence you probably have feral and/or warrior and/or rogue showing you how skilled they are.

#3 Supastarpowa

Supastarpowa

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:03 AM

Sit there and watch them fake cast for 4 seconds straight, then randomly nail a cast super fast.

Repeated fake casting is almost as bad as getting interrupted.  Sometimes it's worse.  The thing you have to remember is making them fake 3-4+ times, is almost as good as locking them.  Not to mention if you manage to lock them on top of a few fake casts, you've really fucked up their day.

View PostMihMa, on 06 August 2011 - 07:55 PM, said:

After 10 min of shit music:
- Hey man, u lost. What's about it?
- Yo I made wrong house so robots cant laser strong enough so I lost
- And u dude u won!
- YEAH MY ROBOTS I LEARN ULTRA LASERS FOR EM SO I WON!

repeat 20 times @ day. there is eu invitational.

#4 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:06 AM

just don't interrupt.  it's better than using ur interrupt and having the enemy know they're free to cast

IM SERIOUS
Posted Image

#5 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:11 AM

Don't interrupt on cooldown and make your Mind Freezes seem random. When you do interrupt, make sure it's as close to the end of a cast as possible.

It's much more important to win the mind game and getting the healer to spend way too much time juking or only using instants than it is to actually land an interrupt.

Edited by GLopez, 20 February 2011 - 03:12 AM.

#6 Nucleo

Nucleo
  • Junkies

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:28 AM

View PostGLopez, on 20 February 2011 - 03:11 AM, said:

Don't interrupt on cooldown and make your Mind Freezes seem random. When you do interrupt, make sure it's as close to the end of a cast as possible.

It's much more important to win the mind game and getting the healer to spend way too much time juking or only using instants than it is to actually land an interrupt.
This works all the time

#7 Hidden

Hidden
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:34 AM

View PostNucleo, on 20 February 2011 - 03:28 AM, said:

This works all the time
Not with my retarded high ping - thanks to Blizzard for reverting their ping fix by the way.

#8 Fearful

Fearful
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 1984

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:58 AM

This. Also, if the target you're on is a caster, and is getting spam healed, it's sometimes better to not just spam NS, but wait until the debuff gets healed off and instantly reapply it until you get some pressure/CC going with your partners. With super long casts you pretty much force casters to chain juke themselves.

Edited by Fearful, 20 February 2011 - 04:59 AM.

#9 Shawir

Shawir
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 2477

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:00 AM

When you do interrupt, make sure it's as close to the end of a cast as possible.

nah, kicking at random times everytime is what makes healers go nuts m8

Posted Image

#10 a9n2c4

a9n2c4
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shattered Halls
  • Retaliation

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:14 AM

With bad MS and the overall shit quality of mind freeze, I don't even bother interrupting the end of casts. Most healers have a predictable strategy of fake casting; most of the time I notice that they either fake cast once and then hard cast, or they spam fake cast till they see interrupt bar(or visually) see your mind freeze go off. I think that because mind freeze is pretty shitty, it's good to have erratic interrupts.

#11 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:15 AM

I don't get how Mind Freeze is shitty. If you're referring to the lag it used to have, I think that was fixed a while ago.

Edited by GLopez, 20 February 2011 - 06:15 AM.

#12 Holyraze

Holyraze
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:16 AM

I remember s5 when i would juke a mind freeze(was easy as shit to fake i know), feel like a boss, then just get gnawed-> strangulated and die anyway. =/

pummeling is more about anticipation then reflex, drag racers dont wait till they see green to go, they go based on the time of the countdown. Usually people will move a lot even when slowed (just casting instants) and the moment they stop moving is when they are going to cast. My warrior friend pummeld about 90% of every single fel dom cast using this method.

Edited by Holyraze, 20 February 2011 - 06:18 AM.

#13 a9n2c4

a9n2c4
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shattered Halls
  • Retaliation

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:21 AM

View PostGLopez, on 20 February 2011 - 06:15 AM, said:

I don't get how Mind Freeze is shitty. If you're referring to the lag it used to have, I think that was fixed a while ago.

Still seems laggy to me(relative to other interrupts). I feel like compared to my shaman, I get a lot better response from wind shear... it might just be me though.

#14 Zom

Zom
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 2421

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:03 AM

playing my druid is so fkn annoying on a 250 ping, i'll actually cast then immediately move to fake it and i'll still get interrupted by a yank 50% of the time :|

Edited by Zom, 20 February 2011 - 07:21 AM.

#15 cyrfer

cyrfer
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 576

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:30 AM

View PostHolyraze, on 20 February 2011 - 06:16 AM, said:

sually people will move a lot even when slowed (just casting instants) and the moment they stop moving is when they are going to cast. My warrior friend pummeld about 90% of every single fel dom cast using this method.
even with 10-20ms people still move and cast at the same time due to some odd server delay.
this method never worked for me.

View PostGLopez, on 19 March 2011 - 03:16 AM, said:

I have never trolled in my life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<