#21 Nez

Nez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/.

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:36 PM

Question, did you consider the +75 stamina on chest over 40 resi?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=74251

#22 laeden

laeden
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:45 PM

Playing with a ret means agi > resil. Since ret off heals are lots on his teammates and less on himself, generally ret will be focused over hunter most of the time, making agi > resil I think. What Im getting at really is that agi vs resil will probably depend on the comp you are running.

Edited by laeden, 18 February 2011 - 04:49 PM.

#23 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:50 PM

Your chardev is missing leg enchant and tier 2 bow. Just thought you should know. Good guide :D

Also i'm curious if there is a difference between 600 hit rating and 601. Both give 5% hit , does it matter?

Those issues are both fixed now!

Question, did you consider the +75 stamina on chest over 40 resi?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=74251

Yea. You will already have 130k HP unbuffed with Vicious gear. I feel like adding ~1200 max HP is not really worth it compared to almost .5% damage reduction.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#24 Nez

Nez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/.

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:58 AM

Bumping this for resi discussion after they decided to "nerf" it.

http://www.arenajunk...-returns-in-41/

resi stacking still the way to go?

#25 tika

tika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/2/2/1

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:38 AM

Guess it comes down to playstyle, but I don't see myself playing with 4k resi
Posted Image

#26 Valkyrie

Valkyrie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

reflect meta for life <3

Edited by Valkyrie, 27 February 2011 - 12:35 PM.

#27 pastorkristi

pastorkristi

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:45 PM

U guys are totally wrong ;)

Gemming resi like that is the most dumb thing to do. Russet I see you're aiming for 4k or something w/e....ur crit is ~18% and u lose some rAP....that's bad when it comes to pressure.

To that guy Nadagst -I know u're pro and much better than me and etc but you are wrong too...I see you've got 4k resi and U're a tanky lock or w/e...the problem is that hunters ain't locks...warlock's dmg(affli) doesn't come from big hits like hunter's dmg but more like from putting constant pressure with dots and setting up stuff etc...actually hunter's constant dmg comes from auto shots and steady shots which are already critting for like 3k max.

Going for resi is GOOD but that's like 3,5k resi from normal gear and helm + chest + shoulder enchant. Gemming for resi is totally wrong in my eyes.

Another thing is that the hunters are kiters ! U should be doing everything to avoid dmg while putting out dmg at the same time so U should be aiming to avoid dmg so U don't need that 4k resi to save ur ass...kiting and LoS should be saving your ass.

Hunter's main pressure comes from CS and Aimed and since one of em has 10(9) sec CD and the other one is hard enough to be unleashed(+got nerfed) if U don't crit with those u don't rly do any proper dmg. Losing the crit and rAP to go for that much resi is bad for me.

Not to mention that in a setup like disc/ret/hunter U must be fool to go for stack resi with the retri off-healz.

PHDk -training the hunter here can be rly hard with the unpeel-able DK on someone so the hunter shouldn't have any problems again.

I can't think of any other popular hunter setups atm but my point is that in certain situations U need max dmg going out of ur charr and stacking resi ruins that while in some of the time that resi is pointless(aka enemy teams training ur DK / ret finding out that it's waste of time to try to catch u).

#28 KennyEU

KennyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:43 PM

I disagree :) Hunters are being trained enough atm, and resil is just a far more effective stat atm - it's likely why it's being nerfed soon though. Untill then, resil > anything for sure. You're reducing their damage a lot more than you're increasing your own by gemming differently.

#29 pastorkristi

pastorkristi

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

I disagree :) Hunters are being trained enough atm, and resil is just a far more effective stat atm - it's likely why it's being nerfed soon though. Untill then, resil > anything for sure. You're reducing their damage a lot more than you're increasing your own by gemming differently.

90% of the 2.5k + hunters are not gemming for resi.
3.5-3.6k resi is enough for a hunter and that's provided by gear + the enchants I mentioned in my prev post.

And tbh I don't know why do u think that hunters are trained enough since as a PHDk 2.5k+ teams were going mainly for my DK or trying to hard switch on pala and very few times on me....u can kite every melee (even DK) with the peels ur pala and DK provide. Avoiding caster's dmg is not hard too as long as u control the game(which is what PHDk aims for)...U have to be agressive as fuck and control the game and 4k resi is not the way if U ask me. As soon as a PHDk or some other hunter setup is pushed defensive that 4k resi is helping to reduce some dmg but it's still useless since U most prolly already lost the game. However, I guess that's not the case and U can still pull out a win if U play ret/disc/hunter because of the ret heals but I don't have any Xp with that setup so I won't speak about it.

#30 Renjah

Renjah
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:04 PM

3.5-3.6k resi is enough for a hunter and that's provided by gear + the enchants I mentioned in my prev post.

And tbh I don't know why do u think that hunters are trained enough since as a PHDk 2.5k+ teams were going mainly for my DK or trying to hard switch on pala and very few times on me....u can kite every melee (even DK) with the peels ur pala and DK provide. Avoiding caster's dmg is not hard too as long as u control the game(which is what PHDk aims for)...U have to be agressive as fuck and control the game and 4k resi is not the way if U ask me. As soon as a PHDk or some other hunter setup is pushed defensive that 4k resi is helping to reduce some dmg but it's still useless since U most prolly already lost the game. However, I guess that's not the case and U can still pull out a win if U play ret/disc/hunter because of the ret heals but I don't have any Xp with that setup so I won't speak about it.

HEy, without using any resil gems or enchants, with perfect pvp gear with both t2 weapons, you'll have 3608 resil.

If you're playing ret/hunt/disc, you'll almost never get attacked. And if you do, the extra 400 resil isn't going to make that much of a difference.

I'm strongly of the opinion that theres a difference between winning and not losing. Massing resil is a "not losing" strategy as a hunter. Attack stats help you win. I will always choose attack stats personally. You will lose just as badly if you can't put out enough pressure as you would if you died slightly faster.

If your pressure is high enough, you dont need resil. Teams will be forced to play defensive against your damage. Especially as ret/disc/hunt, where they attack the ret almost every time.

TLDR: Resil is only useful if they are attacking you. Attack stats are useful all the time.
Check out my blog!~
http://oonoes.blogspot.com
New post up! (3/13/11) "Hunter Tips and Tricks part 4!"
http://www.xfire.com/live_video/oonoes
Next Stream: TBD(EST)
My Armory Profile--Fix armory please AJ.

#31 pastorkristi

pastorkristi

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

I agree with you but about enchants the +resi enchants are a must since the PvE + stats on chest or +haste on helm & shoulder are basicly nonsense for arena ;)

#32 Devion87

Devion87
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1405
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 1603
  • RBG: 192

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:57 PM

i'm a dwarf i dont need resi! no but honestly i think agi/resi in yellow and agi in red is the best thing to do

#33 Kamper

Kamper
  • Junkies

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:54 PM

TLDR: Resil is only useful if they are attacking you. Attack stats are useful all the time.

Attack stats - Usefull when stunned

#34 Renjah

Renjah
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:31 AM

Attack stats - Usefull when stunned

Thats the best time to attack. They'll never expect it!
Check out my blog!~

#35 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:58 AM

Honestly the only big choice you can make is 160 Resil or 160 Agi in gems. Anyone that chooses crit over resil as a secondary stat is playing with a Ret (just wait for next patch) or just not thinking.

And I listed both options for gemming. Personally I chose the resil. I don't play with a Ret. You can choose the Agi if you want.

Other than that, choosing stats over resil to chest is dumb. Choosing crit or haste on helm/shoulder enchants is dumb. It's mildly ok to wear an Agi trinket instead of the PVP one, but I don't think there's one with a really good on use proc. In any case, I'm sure as fuck not PVEing for it. Especially since I can get a ilvl365 PVP one.

In every other gearing decision there is ZERO conflict between Agility and Resil. Ok, sure you could gain a small amount of agility with an ilvl372 PVE piece over the ilvl365 PVP version, but losing that much Resil for an inferior secondary stat is not a good decision.

I see no reason to not have at most 160 less Resil than my chardev setup in full Vicious gear.

(And when you're talking about my crit and AP, please remember that I still have like 6 or 7 blues. Not sure of the exact number. But I'm still kind of far from full Vicious.)

Edited by fant0m8, 02 March 2011 - 08:59 AM.

Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#36 Futon

Futon
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Nathrezim
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:19 AM

I'm sitting at 3749 resil right now. I'm strongly considering replacing one of my trinkets with the darkmoon hurricane card though. I'd be at 3,448 resil. In my new comp i don't get focused very often so i don't think its a big deal. I'll still stay gemmed resil, the trinket will be plenty of a replacement.

#37 Renjah

Renjah
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:49 PM

Honestly the only big choice you can make is 160 Resil or 160 Agi in gems. Anyone that chooses crit over resil as a secondary stat is playing with a Ret (just wait for next patch) or just not thinking.

And I listed both options for gemming. Personally I chose the resil. I don't play with a Ret. You can choose the Agi if you want.

Other than that, choosing stats over resil to chest is dumb. Choosing crit or haste on helm/shoulder enchants is dumb. It's mildly ok to wear an Agi trinket instead of the PVP one, but I don't think there's one with a really good on use proc. In any case, I'm sure as fuck not PVEing for it. Especially since I can get a ilvl365 PVP one.

In every other gearing decision there is ZERO conflict between Agility and Resil. Ok, sure you could gain a small amount of agility with an ilvl372 PVE piece over the ilvl365 PVP version, but losing that much Resil for an inferior secondary stat is not a good decision.

I see no reason to not have at most 160 less Resil than my chardev setup in full Vicious gear.

(And when you're talking about my crit and AP, please remember that I still have like 6 or 7 blues. Not sure of the exact number. But I'm still kind of far from full Vicious.)

To each his own, however, I value agility much higher than any other stat.

But, like I mentioned, without any resil enchants or gems, you'll be at 3600 resil when you're wearing perfect PVP gear.

The biggest question you have to ask yourself is... which do I like better? an additional 1.4% damage reduction (so for every 10000 damage you take, you'll take 140 less)? Or an additional 180 agility? By the way, 180 agility is only 20 agi less then one of the epic rings grants, and it seems that marks scales extremely well with additional attack power nowadays.

Even if I werent playing with a ret, I'd still take the AGI. Also, I take crit over resil as well. The extra 1% damage reduction wont make a difference, but 1% more crit might.
Check out my blog!~

#38 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:06 AM

But, like I mentioned, without any resil enchants or gems, you'll be at 3600 resil when you're wearing perfect PVP gear.

Even if I werent playing with a ret, I'd still take the AGI. Also, I take crit over resil as well. The extra 1% damage reduction wont make a difference, but 1% more crit might.

400 resil is 4.2% damage reduction. Going from 3600 to 4000 resil is a 7% reduction in comparative damage taken.

And it takes 180 crit rating to get 1% crit, but only 95 resil rating. However all of the gems/enchants trade crit for resil in a 1:1 ratio, so you get 2% damage reduction for 1% crit, always.

I can easily understand valuing 1 Agi > 1 Resil > 1 Crit Rating (as opposed to my preferred 1 Resil > 1 Agi > 1 Crit). I can't understand valuing it as 1 Agi > 1 Crit > 1 Resil.

Edited by fant0m8, 03 March 2011 - 03:08 AM.

#39 KennyEU

KennyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:19 AM

Basically resilience is the best stat, unless you feel you're close to never focused, or your comp really needs the damage to kill a target during your CC chain and would otherwise often feel they can't make it in that time.

#40 lobster

lobster
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:05 PM

and 90% of the 2.7k+ hunters are .... i guess it depends on where you set your sites

oh and as an aside .... the hurricane trinket is god awful. dont use it. get essence of the cyclone or dont bother wearing a pve trinket

Edited by lobster, 03 March 2011 - 08:16 PM.

[18:31:47][W:From] [Shinyz]: say: "my cat died i gotta leave to burn it" then come to my channel and ill protect u
[18:31:50][W:From] [Shinyz]: aight qt?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<