Photo

Help holy paladins.

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#121 nevercasts

nevercasts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:24 PM

This is an issue with instant/fast casts, something paladins seem to have fallen rather behind on lately.

However, I think maybe an even bigger issue is the time AFTER you have been CCed, when you're sitting in it. Because not only are paladins significantly easier to CC than the other healing classes (at least, in most cases), but on top of that and perhaps even more importantly, you have basically no healing buffer whatsoever once that CC has landed. Priests have renew and shields, druids have hots, shamans have hots and earth shield. Paladins have fucking nothing.

Yes! This is exactly what I have been saying. Some paladins think that we only need to have more ways to avoid CCs like a shorter CD on HoSac and what not. While this would help its not really hitting the problem at its roots. Not having any preemptive healing/good instants is what is hurting us the most. Playing a paladin means 100% of the time that if you get put into a CC you will a) have to blow trinket/bubble B ) blow CDs after sitting through the CC (of which can be countered easily and nulified) c) Have your partners blow thier long defensive CDs.

Playing any other healer (I play priest, paly, druid, no first hand experience with shamans) you have ability to judge the situation and decide whether to trinket or not without having to blow huge CDs just by having preemptive heals on the kill target.
On my druid, if I have 3 LBs on my target when I get feared for 8secs I know that my target will be fine when I come out of it as long as the other team doesn't blow offensive CDs.
On my paladin I will have to trinket or blow CDs pmuch regardless of the other teams offsensive CDs.

Edited by nevercasts, 16 March 2011 - 07:27 PM.

+rep if this helped

#122 Involute

Involute
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:42 PM

Maybe a glyph of Hand of Salvation, instead of reducing threat reduces 20-30% of all damage for those 10 seconds. If it would be too much in combination with Divine Protection in PvE just make it not usable on self.

#123 Kuroqt

Kuroqt
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:58 PM

Maybe a glyph of Hand of Salvation, instead of reducing threat reduces 20-30% of all damage for those 10 seconds. If it would be too much in combination with Divine Protection in PvE just make it not usable on self.

Wrathful Gladiator Tarnya, what a bloke http://i51.tinypic.com/i39vrt.jpg

#124 Involute

Involute
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:41 PM

What? If there is a long cc chain incoming throw on a targeted player to reduce damage, dunno how can they fix us and not make us too good in pve since its their main concern.

#125 nevercasts

nevercasts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:10 PM

What? If there is a long cc chain incoming throw on a targeted player to reduce damage, dunno how can they fix us and not make us too good in pve since its their main concern.

Supposately we aren't even that great at high end pve anyways. One thing they should definately do is increase the amount healed by holy shock to prenerf levels and then give us a good hot or absorb. We dont have alot of globals to be throwing hots out everywhere in pve so it should work fine anyways.
+rep if this helped

#126 nevercasts

nevercasts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:45 PM

I just did some twos and I actually feel like punching someone in the head. Not touching my paladin again until something is changed.
+rep if this helped

#127 Kuroqt

Kuroqt
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:48 PM

One aura mastery suggestion was pretty spot on, whereby in addition to its current effect, it also removes cc effects. love to see that but fat chance .
Wrathful Gladiator Tarnya, what a bloke http://i51.tinypic.com/i39vrt.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<