xohy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:30 AM

Do what I did, go ret, lvl a druid.

Holy pally right now is way too much like pally TBC, which pissed me off. Every class has some form of "better" CC, "better" unique abilites (offensive dispells/ranged interupt/grounding totem/mana burn) even freedom isnt that great anymore considering dispell protection is gone and other abilities have 100% dispell resistance now (ES/PS/BS) its just silly. Not saying make it undispellable lol.

There is little to no protection/healing when silenced/stunned/CCed unlike every other class. All pallies CDs were nerfed in wrath and in cata all other healers got new amazing abilities and on top of that, dispell magic. In any set up that a holy pally is in, you could replace him with any other healer and most likely go up quite a bit in rating.

#42 Raythor

Raythor
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:56 AM

A good gimmick that would help us, in my opinion, would maybe be a buff that gives dispell protection on the target it is casted on.[Holy Shizzle] ~45 seconds cd, lasts 4-8s. Off GCD. 31 Talent PT in Holy ?? Make the current 31 pt trainable

For one, it'd be somewhat unique, and it would increase paladin's skillcap by a fair ammount, would it be overpowered though? At least it would make other people think about it when trying ot chose a healer "druid has cyclone, but paladin has [Holy Shizzle] so I can get an 8s bof or [Holy Shizzle] my Innervate / my disc priest's shields".

Or am I daydreaming? :(

Edit: We'd still be vulnerable to CC... but face it, we've always been like that (except maybe wrath, but fear was still a fuck-all for instance) However, we would now indeed bring something unique and usefull to the table. Bof/BoP would sundelly be a lot better, and we could also avoid CC better with sacrifice and it being undispellable right away, and since it is off GCD it can be very flexible.

Edited by Raythor, 21 February 2011 - 11:07 AM.

#43 nevercasts

nevercasts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:08 PM

Holy pally right now is way too much like pally TBC, which pissed me off.

I'd go far enough to say they are worst now then in tbc. Atleast in tbc we were one out of two healers that could dispel, had supercheap fast heal and the best bomb heals by far (both of which are not true anymore).

The only thing notable that holy paladin brings to a team over other healers is two 5mins CDs and BoP.
+rep if this helped

#44 DrakeDude

DrakeDude
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy
  • Locationottawa, canada

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

;o if paladins dont get changed theyre gonna be as useless in s10 as a priest was in s9 pre patch, any other healer can do a better job

agreed
My stream: xfire.com/live_video/drakedude1
Was a priest Now a paladin
Posted Image

#45 Belligerent

Belligerent
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:51 PM

Since 90% of the community is bad, they will always think Holy Paladins are amazing and OP. They aren't going to balance around the top 3% or w/e in pvp because it would make hpallys even better vs the 1400 rated people that can't think.

#46 nevercasts

nevercasts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:30 PM

Since 90% of the community is bad, they will always think Holy Paladins are amazing and OP. They aren't going to balance around the top 3% or w/e in pvp because it would make hpallys even better vs the 1400 rated people that can't think.

Thats dumb. They should balance around the top 3%, rather then people that still haven't grasped game basics.
+rep if this helped

#47 Ronab

Ronab
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ghostlands
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/.
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:49 PM

At least we sparkle when we sprint.

#48 Angelsrdead

Angelsrdead
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:44 PM

Paladins are kind of ok in 2s and 5s but in 3s (which matters the most) are kind of weaker than other healers. It is sad that we became so easy to CC and with losing SS there is no "help" from us on our friendly target while we sit in 20 sec+ control which we have no way to break.
What makes me sad the most is our last talent in holy tree (I do not even remember its name because its total crap and I never specced it) which is totaly useless for PvP...
Maybe speccing ret will be win but then again retri is so boring when compared to holy >.< ...
Glad I am gearing my DK up (hope I will make it before the season ends lol).
Edit: Oh yea and I forgot that I wanted to say this: the statistic of % class about rating. The reason why there is alot of paladins below rating 2k is that we have bubble. Truth be told even the worst scrub player can survive "death" or kill someone being untouchable while in bubble. On higher rating, bubble is quite useless and that is why % of paladins drops. Or is what I believe :).

Edited by Angelsrdead, 21 February 2011 - 09:48 PM.

#49 Arrann

Arrann
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 2047
  • 3v3: 2137

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:21 PM

Oh yea and I forgot that I wanted to say this: the statistic of % class about rating. The reason why there is alot of paladins below rating 2k is that we have bubble. Truth be told even the worst scrub player can survive "death" or kill someone being untouchable while in bubble. On higher rating, bubble is quite useless and that is why % of paladins drops. Or is what I believe :).

No dispel resistance is only one of many reasons
Xfire: Arrannlol

The Paladin Slayer
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#50 xohy

xohy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:23 AM

I wonder the % of holy pallies at a high rating are playing witha shadow priest right now. To me thats the only way they are viable at top tier of play.

When Cata came out and all CCs were full duration, I knew Holy Pally was gonna be a pain in the ass.
In wrath there were talents to reduce specific forms of debuffs (curse/poisons/fear) that helped A LOT against the things we were weak against. Having 2 sacs to break pollies were amazing.

I think hpally is a lost cause atm unless they make some serious changes. Their CDs allow for bad play for lower rated ppl, but at higher rating if I were to pop say guardian, its not hard to CC me and oh gee that CD was wasted.

#51 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:16 AM

this logic is wrong, for example i can 100% guarantee spriest defensive dispel will be getting removed soon, however players at 2k don't even dispel cc off their partners.

all it takes for a class to be nerfed is someone to go post on the damage dealing/healing forums, list their "credentials" (IE: Hello, my name is Belligerentz and I have a rank 1 title. I am known for standing in the middle of the arena, and here's my paladin issues:), and spew some bullshit.

For us it wouldn't be bullshit, but still.

Edited by faction, 22 February 2011 - 02:19 AM.

Posted Image

#52 Cardioth

Cardioth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:11 AM

Nobody wants to do arena with me T_T

#53 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2805
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:14 AM

Holy is alright in 5s, and does alright on mana..

I'd agree with above that says it's like it was in BC.

If we got seal of blood/sacred shield back we'd be alright. 40 second hoj would be nice too, since the glyph makes it so you can use it much more now. (5 yards is a lot!). However with the talent trees the way they are, it would gimp us too much to spec that far into prot.

I think guardian should be toned down, and preactive/passive healing should be buffed in a manner. The problem with paladins is that there is no reason to take them versus other classes, even in cases where you play a comp such as TSG or PHD where the defensive utility was balanced compared to the other classes offensive dispel and control.

Edited by Veronica, 22 February 2011 - 04:15 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

sorry, I don't speak duellist

#54 xohy

xohy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:14 AM

Holy is alright in 5s, and does alright on mana..

I'd agree with above that says it's like it was in BC.

If we got seal of blood/sacred shield back we'd be alright. 40 second hoj would be nice too, since the glyph makes it so you can use it much more now. (5 yards is a lot!). However with the talent trees the way they are, it would gimp us too much to spec that far into prot.

I think guardian should be toned down, and preactive/passive healing should be buffed in a manner. The problem with paladins is that there is no reason to take them versus other classes, even in cases where you play a comp such as TSG or PHD where the defensive utility was balanced compared to the other classes offensive dispel and control.

its not like those comps rely on things like freedom now either because of DK/hunter changes and LOL warr.......

You know there is something seriously wrong with the class when your top tier player base is specing to ret and or rerolling. Toez rerolled to shaman. everyone should reroll to another healing class, but oh wait. Every pally is brainless and requires zero skill compared to other healers. (this is sarcasm)

Edited by xohy, 22 February 2011 - 07:53 AM.

#55 Sentan

Sentan
  • Junkies

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:37 AM

siiigghh, time to go ret / lame it out with some cheesy comp?

Edited by Sentan, 22 February 2011 - 08:38 AM.

#56 DrakeDude

DrakeDude
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Locationottawa, canada

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:47 PM

This
Just look at the top teams, Hpals are going extinct and rets are becoming way more popular(at least thats how it is on bloodlust)
My stream: xfire.com/live_video/drakedude1
Was a priest Now a paladin
Posted Image

#57 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:25 PM

It's too bad our community isn't more outspoken/whinny, like the priest community. Because of this nothing will prolly get fixed.
Then again the annoyance of 1600 new threads a day complaining about problems and the reputation of being a bunch of cry babies would probably bring even more distaste to our class.

Oh well, heres hoping blizzard gets a damn clue.

#58 Calabrese

Calabrese
  • Members

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:17 AM

I completely agree, they need to fix us up quick

#59 Sentan

Sentan
  • Junkies

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:20 AM

Need to spam them on their forums, probably wont help to say what needs to be done to balance us with the rest of the healers here.

#60 Cardioth

Cardioth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

It's too bad our community isn't more outspoken/whinny, like the priest community. Because of this nothing will prolly get fixed.

Ok everyone, get your whinny outspoken on and hit the blizz forums!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<