Photo

Did 2s just get even worse for healer/x?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2016
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:31 AM

Yeah this is reason i refuse to play boring mut/healer and always grab some random rdps for team. Either fast kill or die fast, either way better than sitting 30 min and trying to bring each other to 70% HP :s
shut up pvp guy

#22 Brishtonus

Brishtonus
  • Premium
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:34 AM

It wouldn't be as bad if self-healing wasn't as retarded as it is right now. Priest is getting completely controlled, eating every CC, but np warrior just out heals him.

Posted Image

#23 Icyshiver

Icyshiver
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:27 PM

Yeah, my last arena against p/warrior looked exactly like that.
Was learning cursive really necessary? If anything, we need a sarcasm font...

#24 Abacade

Abacade
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:35 PM

I Play Disc+Ret in 2vs2 with a alt ret that dinged a couple of weeks ago. We are at ~1800 rating atm with 70% winrate and we haven't had a sigle tie so far.
The worst game was vs a enh shammy+ Hpally team that took us like 35 mins to get a kill, with me beeing practically oom the last 20 mins or so and Hpally staying at 80-90% mana all game. Even after a Repent on sham + HoJ and fear on pally and me spamming manaburn during PI getting him to 40-50% mana, he was still back on 80-90% after a couple of mins.
Finally after many close attempts we managed to score a kill on them with us never being in danger the whole game.

Most games last 10 ish mins until we get a proper cc chain after making them use cooldowns. Or priest+ mage/DK or anything similar where the enemy priest chase me all game and mamaburn me in deepfreeze/grip to middle of map+chains/roots etc. while my ret can't remain mobile enough to stop them or let me manaburn. Heck i even lost a game vs spriest+restordrood after the spriest got me oom because of roots/fear/horror/bash -> manaburn everytime my ret ate a cyclone.

Overall i dont think the games are that bad, the biggest reason my team has long games is because im inexperienced with disc and my ret m8 is undergeared (he goit his wep this week, most of our games he was in mostly crafted gear)

TL;DR
Yes the games are too long, but i dont think it's as horrible as some make it out to be, when my ret pal gets some gear we should be able to end games pretty fast.
Also Hpally and Rdroods manareg is stupid unless you play a comp where you can root/slow them so you can get manaburns easily.

Official Blizzard Quote:

PvE > PvP

#25 Garmien

Garmien
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • RBG: 2251

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:51 PM

If you compare 3v3 game durations with 2v2 game durations, then yes 2v2 is way longer... I've had quite few long matches as feral/hpal vs healer/dps.. effin hate it.

#26 nqr

nqr
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

Double dps all day long

#27 pbanasiak

pbanasiak
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:10 PM

DK druid seems to be very long games especially if u dont make the opposing team blow all of their CD's when you pop all of your burst. However I play with a priest and it seems like our games are very quick even against healer/dps, the only problem we have come across is Spriest/Rogue with good peels from the rogue, three 8 second disarms can be a bitch for a dk.

#28 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:12 PM

Double mage :||||||\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\(((((((((((
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#29 Vishido

Vishido
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:32 PM

As DK/RDruid, I'm finding games to last within 10min or so. There's the occasional one that will last 30 min. Post-patch, we haven't tied yet; pre-patch would have us tieing vs. RShaman/Rogue.

#30 Nolimitation

Nolimitation

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:21 PM

It wouldn't be as bad if self-healing wasn't as retarded as it is right now. Priest is getting completely controlled, eating every CC, but np warrior just out heals him.

Posted Image

WTF

#31 ElminsterX2

ElminsterX2
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:42 PM

I play Rsham with dk/hunter in 2's. The matches do seem to take quite a long time, more time with the dk than the hunter due to lack of burst. The dk and I fought a pally/warrior for 25 minutes last night and they either disconnected or quit because we were both getting nowhere fast.

I also have a mage/rogue team which I enjoy infinitely more then the healer+dps team, quick matches whether we mess up or not.

#32 Tankz

Tankz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms
  • Locationin ur bed

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:56 PM

^ the warrior in that pic is fury and used enrage regen (heals 100k'ish with talents n stuff) every CD.

bit surprised you couldn't just burn the enemy priest into oblivion n be over with the game after 3'ish minutes.

on a serious note - as war/rdruid, i only have long games versus equally skilled mirrors, rshaman/DPS that pillar hump or priest/mage.
wat is dis game

#33 revengzjeah

revengzjeah
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:06 PM

Double DPS or quit 2s . I'm having lots of fun as DK / ret and matches usually don't take more than 2-3 minutes .

#34 Draekin

Draekin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:09 PM

^ the warrior in that pic is fury and used enrage regen (heals 100k'ish with talents n stuff) every CD.

bit surprised you couldn't just burn the enemy priest into oblivion n be over with the game after 3'ish minutes.

on a serious note - as war/rdruid, i only have long games versus equally skilled mirrors, rshaman/DPS that pillar hump or priest/mage.

I was running druid warrior with a very undergeared warrior friend of mine, and we just /leave if the opposition has a healer in the comp because it will never end. He doesn't have enough damage to land a kill.

Example: We were fighting DK/Paladin...Warrior had the DK down to 65%, so we started our CC chain on the pally (trinket was down). First, I cycloned x2 into a bear bash. Then warrior feared paladin and I followed with a final cyclone and the warrior charged the paladin's last heal. We did not land a kill.

2s are terrible. No matter how bad your gear is, if you put 20+ seconds of CC on a healer you should kill a dps class, end of story. But Blizzard has given dps classes insane survivability, and in many cases (DKs, Warlocks, Rogues) the amount of self-healing that a class can do is enough to frustrate even 2 dps.

Seems like dos equis mis-casted the most interesting man in the world after encountering this fine specimen known as 'Draekin'

Draekin is like the best thing that ever happened to this forum

I like this Draeken dude a lot.

#35 rahock

rahock
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/2/1/1/.

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:26 PM

Playing resto/dk...FML. I am tempted to just go boomkin.

#36 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Ревущий фьорд
  • Вихрь
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2281
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:26 PM

Playing pala dk in 2s, havent tied yet although we did have one match where it took us 44 min and ~40 sec to win.
Used to lose to aff rshaman, now thats piss as well.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

#37 Deepkiss

Deepkiss
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:50 PM

Most of the problems in 2s come from the lack of damage to land kills. Although, if you have decent gear you should be able to land kills with decent cc and interrupts even as dps/healer. I'm playing shadow/holy paladin in 2s at around 2k mmr, and we don't have much problems landing kills. Sometimes it's annoying against healers who do nothing, but spam dispel my dots though and we have to do a lot of complex strategies involving LoS and some other bull like that.

I know shadow does more dmg than any caster atm, but still ;p

#38 zergal

zergal
  • Junkies
  • LocationQC

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:18 PM

Spoiler

Rogues, DKs and Locks self-healing is just as bad, if not worse.

#39 Brishtonus

Brishtonus
  • Premium
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:28 PM

I did burn their priest, and he was oom like 90% of the game. That's why I have such a problem with self-healing :P (And that's also why their priest has such low healing done in that screenshot) The warrior could just survive by himself, popping enraged regen if we rooted him and pillar humping when the roots came off, with the occasional heal from natural regen/inner focus from the priest.

We try and get a kill on the priest and it's just stuns -> imp hamstring and the priest gets away.

#40 Anarkee

Anarkee
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Silver Hand
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:41 PM

playing resto druid sub rogue. sometimes mut bc i occasionally miss waddling around the arena.

32 minute game last night against priest/sub rogue. they couldnt touch my druid due to me ccing the rogue the whole game but the priest wasnt going anywhere on mana and neither were we. long story short won due to a good kidneybomb cyclone blind chain but taking 5 cc's to kill someone is a bit insane. i guess its just the 6% recup mitigation + the 5k heal every few seconds that makes it hard to drop a rogue.

two's are just meh. do them for fun and when the stop being fun go back to 3's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users