#1 madbomberz

madbomberz
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:23 PM

As the title says how in earth can shadowcleave beat RMP and im talking about 2.6k + teams.

The rogue from the rmps are shadowstep and they are tunneling my warlock all game long so he cant do anything

What can we do anyone can help me??

#2 Seafish

Seafish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:21 AM

you do the cyclone and deathgriper on the rogue mang.
Posted Image

#3 Typh

Typh
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:31 AM

same shit, playing shadowcleave with druid / paladin healers, and every rogue team is almost impossible, playing at 2.7k to 2.8k too

basically:

if i sit on rogue and peel him, we cant score a kill on anything, and there will be one switch within the game when im nova'd or one fear on healer or some shit and warlock will die due to new great mechanics of sub rogues :)

if i sit on the mage, same shit, we still cant score a kill, and rogue is just shitting on warlock and globaling him, and once again at some point, they'll get a cs / sheep / whatever on the healer and warlock will die

its pretty much impossible, rogues pressure is just too high since patch, and considering as shadowcleave you cant kill anything due to warlock being rendered useless by rogue

and the same goes again for other rogue comps like RLS

if i go rogue and peel, warlock does too much pressure and control

if i go warlock, our warlock cant do shit due to rogue sitting on his head and thay'll just get a kill through raw pressure.
we have tried everything, and nothing works....

going on casters and focus chains+grips on rogue - it works for abit if your good at forcing ShS with stuns / teleports then gripping after but still cant score a kill fast, and then rogue will randomly pop all cooldowns and shit on warlock in 1 smoke bomb at some point

i mean, we have really tried every fucking possible tactic, and rogue casters will win 90% of the time, our best has been just dk sticking to the caster and hoping for best in the healer completely fucking up which will happen once in a blue moon against decent teams

Edited by Typh, 15 February 2011 - 12:41 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:07 AM

It's too early to know for sure but I think there's a good chance sub is overpowered...

#5 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • Locationcurently living in UK (coming from Austria)

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:10 AM

atm, if both dont mess up, you can´t score a kill (probably they aren´t able to neither, but its easier for them as it is for you, they have to mess up pretty hard, or you have to get a lucky critstreak of 10 crits in a row to kill them)

also vs mage rogue healer teams, or in genereal priest mage x, there is no reason anymore for me to use ns it falls off 90% of the time and i do more pressure with ss

also what we try to do is to go on mage most of the time and switch to priest, hardly go on rogue only if i really cant get on anything else (but we lost too with that, had some nice games dominated them and then lost to 1 shadowdance on our druid, or lock)
whats also VERY important imo vs mageteams is to kill the waterele, the novas are so freakin annoying (OP OLOLOLOL) and it feels way better when you manage to kill em (generally i switch to them when i its next to me but i can´t reach the mage)

Edited by Smir, 15 February 2011 - 01:12 AM.

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:57 AM

It's too early to know for sure but I think there's a good chance sub is overpowered...

with the amount of stuns/garrotes ,mind numbing along with gouge and kick there is like no casting but once in a blue moon. its very very frustrating.

#7 Alcapwny

Alcapwny
  • Vandòóm
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:59 AM

rogues are just totally op right now thats it they have too many interrupt abilitys
and their dmg on cloth is simply retarted high at the moment

Edited by Alcapwny, 15 February 2011 - 02:00 AM.

#8 Vtec

Vtec
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 3000

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:32 AM

just lost 19 to a rmp, rogues man, rogues.
Spoiler

#9 hymen

hymen
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:22 AM

Our damage isn't OP. People just are not used to rogues being a threat. I think our survivability needs to be nerfed so we're viable targets, and mind numbing (and similar effects) needs to affect only damaging casts, and not CC.

And I would gladly give up glyph of garrote for the CS - KS change to be reversed.

#10 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:26 AM

Rogues have the exact same problem warlocks had last patch. Except for Mind-Numbing Poison, all they really need is a survivability nerf.

#11 Seafish

Seafish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:26 AM

rmp so rigged
Posted Image

#12 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:37 AM

Rogues have the exact same problem warlocks had last patch. Except for Mind-Numbing Poison, all they really need is a survivability nerf.

Sub rogues need less damage to the point where they can't ever kill anything (terrible) or they need defensive nerfs, for both them AND their team. They are the best defensive class in the game, for themselves and their entire team. It's not only mind numbing.

Edited by Nadagast, 15 February 2011 - 05:37 AM.

#13 Magneta

Magneta
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 1512

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:38 AM

Our damage isn't OP. People just are not used to rogues being a threat.

I'm not trying to start anything here, but you do realize that those are the exact words that people use when their class/spec suddenly becomes OP? I've seen people use that excuse SO many times....

#14 Incredibaddy

Incredibaddy

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:40 AM

Focus chains while sticking hard to mage is your best bet. Use spell lock on mage and strangulate on priest. Regardless of the rogue having shadowstepped, use every grip cd on rogue. try and steal poly from mage (not that hard, just dont cast DS until he starts to poly) and use it on priest if dotless and go for a kill. Shouldn't be particularly hard to make the mage block. Rinse and repeat. Bread and butter, ladies and gentlemen, bread and butter.

#15 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:45 AM

Sub rogues need less damage to the point where they can't ever kill anything (terrible) or they need defensive nerfs, for both them AND their team. They are the best defensive class in the game, for themselves and their entire team. It's not only mind numbing.

I meant that both survivability and Mind-Numbing Poison need a nerf.

#16 Zom

Zom
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 2421

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:58 AM

The thing is with a sub rogue before you could generally ignore them as long as u controlled their other dps partner so the stuns / garrotes couldn't help land a kill. These days sub rogues can solo any class and you simply can't kill them, it's fairly retarded.

For an example did 2s vs disc / sub as d/dk, we won in the end but that was due to death strike. Damage @ the end of the game had the rogue at like 2.2 mil vs my 1.4mil. I know shields counts as absorbs but still prob would come out behind when i'm tunneling a priest and the rogue is tunneling a dk. You'd think the damage would be reversed.

20k ambushes, 13-14k backstabs, impossible to kill a rogue in 2s (still retardedly hard in 3s due to the 2nd person who can peel), yer needs some tweaking. It's the same as ret paladins, my mate has a 313 weap so out of wings he hits like he is using a pillow but in wings with trinket procs he can kill me. No class should have that kind of burst, it should be more spread, same with rogues.

You look at all the rmps who do the same shit vs dmdk, they sap me (since spam pet attack doesn't seem to work anymore?). Then open with smoke bomb into dance with garrote etc so i can't break except with trinket or shield and i'm already on about 20% life before i can get out of a smoke bomb then they just switch and ride mage all game long.

#17 Ghazuk

Ghazuk
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:40 AM

after surviving their cooldowns you have to get offensive and take some risks to score a kill. if you peel all game long the rogue you just cant win :(. same if you just sit on the mage while their healer is pillar hugging and your warlock has a to hard time to land some fears. best chance to probably win is to kill the priest with all your cooldowns when some of their ccs are on dr/cooldown (we only played against low mmr and had a hard time :X)

Edited by Ghazuk, 15 February 2011 - 08:41 AM.

Posted Image

#18 Eatspie

Eatspie
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:54 AM

Not having a problem with this comp whatsoever as druid scleave. We sit on priest while druid controls rogue.

Edited by Eatspie, 15 February 2011 - 08:54 AM.

Spoiler

Fighting for Duelist equality on ArenaJunkies.com

#19 stazzy

stazzy
  • Junkies

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:57 AM

your gonna lose if you go for a mage in a rmp

sick trick is to tunnel priest 24/7

#20 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Ревущий фьорд
  • Вихрь
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2281
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:37 AM

Maybe im just bad but rmps always go for me and competely rape me in garotte kidney. Normally my team would peel the mage and id be ok. But now even subs do dmg and are pretty much unpeelable.
Pala shadowcleave btw.
Since the disc buffs we rarely get a kill on the disc fast enough.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<