Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-26 at 20:34. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Is there something special about breaking through 1300?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jalpwn

Jalpwn
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Earthen Ring
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Destruction
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:06 AM

Before it's even said, yes, I know we suck. 1800 is ezmode, etc.

Now, my partner and I are learning and have found it difficult to get past 1300 and continue moving up. It seems like as soon as we hit 1300 or get near it, we start facing teams that are 100-200 higher than us in MMR. They win and get 60-90 points and when we win, we're getting 8-12. What gives?

#2 Ascleph

Ascleph
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:12 AM

We didnt notice anything until 1.5k where we started to get lots of 45 min ties, or wins only when the other team was terrible or they rage quit.

#3 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Ревущий фьорд
  • Вихрь
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2281
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:32 AM

Youll continue to get huge amounts of points when your mmr is high, for it will try to get you as close as possible as soon as possible. Now considering your low mmr, that is not the case.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

#4 Leetkiller

Leetkiller
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:51 AM

Youll continue to get huge amounts of points when your mmr is high, for it will try to get you as close as possible as soon as possible. Now considering your low mmr, that is not the case.

I think he's referring to MMR gains / losses, not team rating gains / losses, so no.

I'm another scrub stuck under 1.8K but I've never noticed any of those "when I win I gain X when I lose I lose 5X how is this possible", and I've played a bunch of games, so I really don't know.

The only explanation would be that you mysteriously keep getting matched to much lower MMR teams, which you said yourself wasn't the case.

#5 Flexes92

Flexes92

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:52 PM

I think he's referring to MMR gains / losses, not team rating gains / losses, so no.

no. athena is right. as soon as mmr and team raiting are around the same (+-100 raiting i think) you stop gaining this huge amounts of points (like 96 or something) and you start getting 5-15 points.

i think it's an inward penis, so maybe 3" is accurate? could be more, dunno how deep, never been inside a woman personally

being ugly doesn't mean you have inner beauty

#6 Mistful

Mistful
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:23 PM

Play moare! Get better and steamroll through glad tkthxbai.
On the serious note, I remember getting through 1500 my first time and it felt like a trip through hell and back.
As you play more you get better and get better ratings and your MMR grows.
Overkill is underrated

#7 ysnakke

ysnakke
  • Ysnakke
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darkspear
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 384

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:10 PM

Depends on your comp. You're a Warlock, so, I guess you just need to improve your skills or your partner's skills, realize what you've done wrong and try to correct the mistake.

At those ratings, zerg comps are pretty dominant, but they hit the wall at about 1800. But zerg squads > mediocre players at those ratings. I was basically carried by my Mage until 1.5k, then my mistakes became visible and I had to correct them if we were to advance to a higher rating. We were stuck at 1800 rating, so, that's pretty much tops for mediocre players. Just keep winning and losing and eventually you'll learn what you've done wrong, at least that's how I did it.

Ye, I still consider myself as a mediocre player.
Posted Image

#8 Dunc

Dunc
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/0/2/1/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

If you frapsed a clip it would probably be easier to point out what you/your partner is doing wrong.

Quite frankly it's just about playing much, you'll get a sense for what your opponent is going to do next and how to counter/prepare for that. You'll also learn how t o position yourself better, use certain cooldowns better etc.

It's really hard to give a general view though. Once you get arena you'll start going up quickly. The MMR system can be quite shit at start(especially if you've lost quite a bit doing fun stuff or learning) but i should even out eventually, eventhough it might be a bit demotivating sometimes it's all about playing!
that's all we'll have when the world is through

#9 Leetkiller

Leetkiller
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:01 AM

no. athena is right. as soon as mmr and team raiting are around the same (+-100 raiting i think) you stop gaining this huge amounts of points (like 96 or something) and you start getting 5-15 points.

I didn't say the contrary, I'm well aware that team rating works that way.

I'm saying that when OP said "we gain a lot of rating", he means "we gain a lot of MMR", not "we gain a lot of team rating", in which case his team rating is completely irrelevant, as MMR gains / losses are unaffected by team rating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users