• Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • 2v2: 959
  • 3v3: 2330
  • RBG: 570

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:36 PM

For arenas, Rogues will be changing entirely in 4.06. With the removal of bloodlust/heroism/time warp from arenas, mutilate rogues will have a hard time getting kills during vendetta, which stacked incredibly with 30% energy and attack speed. Bloodlust helped Assassination more than most other specs; mutilate's poor mobility starts to show as games get longer. This, the expected emergence of hunters, plus a few subtlety damage buffs will cause a major shift in the standard rogue PVP spec.

Damage and Utility changes

• Subtlety's Sinister Calling will increase Backstab and Hemorrhage damage by 40%, up from 25%, and agility by 30%, up from 25%.
  • The mastery scaling for Subtlety, Executioner, was increased by 25%, but mastery is currently the worst stat as Subtlety.
  • Find Weakness, a 50% armor debuff on your target after an opener, was increased to a 70% armor debuff.

Not the biggest damage buffs ever, but I don't feel more than this was necessary (subtlety isn't so much about damage, see this video). Combat is getting some considerable buffs, and if the gimmick of glyphed Revealing Strike -> Kidney Shot (for an 8.7 second kidney shot) goes live, we may see it used occasionally. For the only direct nerf in this department, glyphed Garrote silence was decreased from 5 to 4.5 seconds.

CC Changes

With the talent Sanguinary Vein, Gouge will no longer break to rogue bleed effects. This is useful if you play with classes who have no damage over time effects or the target is not currently dotted.

Sap duration is being reduced from 10 to 8 seconds, and taking into consideration say four seconds of travel time back to your target, this could give you 4 seconds of time to DPS with the healer CCed instead of 6, a much bigger change than the patch note seems to read. Thankfully we can still sap out of blind, which was lowered from 10 to 8 seconds as well (6 seconds is where players drop combat). This was a universal change: All 10 second PVP CC was lowered to 8 seconds, but it should affect Sap a bit more than others.

Smoke Bomb
Smoke Bomb duration was lowered from 10 to 5 seconds. This isn't a big nerf in the offensive department but a hit to defense. Players usually get out of smoke bomb after around 5 seconds, but when you use it on yourself, you can stay in it the full 10 seconds, making it very hard for casters to kill you.

Cooldown changes
Cloak of Shadows cooldown was also slightly increased from 60 sec to 70 sec and Shadowstep from 20 to 24 sec. A slight survivability nerf (shadowstep can help you escape) and offensive pressure nerf (cloak cooldown synced up perfectly with Sprint and Shadow Dance previously / Less mobility with longer shadowstep). For the last cooldown change, Evasion was taken off of Preparation.

Class changes that affect rogues
The Death Knight Icebound Fortitude ability will remove Cheap Shot or Kidney Shot. Backstab, Ambush, and Cheap Shot no longer pierce through a hunter's Deterrence. The change to Tremor Totem, if you currently play with a shaman, will be a considerable nerf to mobility (1 minute cooldown). Death Knights will also frequently be immune to Crippling Poison and Waylay snare with their new talent Death's Advance.

All together that sounds brutal, but I saved some good news. Subtlety rogues were nearly immune to death last patch, and Combat Readiness is getting a buff against very aware players (10 second duration up from 6 if they stop attacking you immediately). The nerf to Glyph of Entangling Roots, which offered the spell to Druids at instant cast, should also be a considerable buff to mobility. We should be fine. We'll have to wait to find out, but this patch may be an overall buff to rogues.

#2 Novakayne

Novakayne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/0/0/1/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:35 PM

i will be enjoying my 10k backstabs on plate

#3 averuki

averuki
  • Junkies

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:40 PM

Not sure if its worth mentioning but

Revealing Strike now increases finisher effectiveness by 35% (45% glyphed), up from 20% (30% glyphed).

So combat rogues get 9 sec long stun : P. Longer than blind or sap :D so using it with redirect can help with some CC chains.

#4 Novakayne

Novakayne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/0/0/1/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:02 PM

as you waddle endlessly to your target

#5 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:18 PM

as you waddle endlessly to your target

You do realize that the mobility is better then what mutilate got, right? And mutilate is played by like 500 000 rogues around the world.
Not saying that combat is good, just fyi. I mean "combat got terrible mobility" — "whats your spec?" — "i am mutilate". ><
Shadowmelding since 2007.

#6 Quitefranklysup

Quitefranklysup
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination
  • RBG: 2474

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

Cloak/Sprint off cooldown was something special :<!

#7 bxc

bxc
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1/0

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:31 PM

I have been considering combat for rated bgs with these changes. There is much to like in that tree (with much being left out from other trees though, of course). But damn 9 second kindneys, imp sprint and adrenaline rush are dope. Combat rogues could be NASTY flag returners once they get on something.

#8 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:22 PM

trying to decide best rmp spec though,

mutilate still seems like it might be stronger for rushing healers down - which probably remains the best option vs scleave and phd (dks now basically immortal, warlocks immortal, deterrence now very strong)

gonna start as mutilate and just zerg healers. i guess cry through mirrors haha

#9 Olinim

Olinim
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:41 PM

Sdance damage is doable now, 13k backstabs on plate

Edited by Olinim, 08 February 2011 - 10:42 PM.

Olinimlol - Undead For Lyfe

#10 rinnxz

rinnxz
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:15 PM

the fact that DKs got mobility buffs before us is probably the biggest joke ever. ever.

#11 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:49 AM

That sap nerf is retarded. It should have been left alone.

#12 Malakian

Malakian
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:20 AM

That sap nerf is retarded. It should have been left alone.

Sounds like there's a "Stealth" buff in the patch, that or a bug. Apparently pet's are not keeping their owners from being in combat, particularly after CC, making pet classes more sappable? Haven't been on since the patch, so unconfirmed.

#13 kireiray

kireiray
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Dark Iron
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:44 AM

Sounds like there's a "Stealth" buff in the patch, that or a bug. Apparently pet's are not keeping their owners from being in combat, particularly after CC, making pet classes more sappable? Haven't been on since the patch, so unconfirmed.

Yeah, i've been getting saps on warlocks and DK's consistently.

#14 Ispen

Ispen
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:42 AM

I hope this is intended..

#15 Maajty

Maajty
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 2/0/0/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1287
  • LocationSWE xD

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:07 AM

agreed ispén ;P

#16 Scoopness

Scoopness
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 2326

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:08 AM

what comps are most people planning on running rmp/rls?

#17 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:57 PM

what comps are most people planning on running rmp/rls?

Well considering disc priests CAN'T DIE, I would say RMP is pretty powerful.

#18 Kungfucow

Kungfucow
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1900
  • 3v3: 1914
  • RBG: 2064
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:06 PM

Def gonna give rmp another run now that my priest won't get solo'd by nearly everything in sight anymore.

#19 Novinetz

Novinetz
  • Stoleyourgf
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:26 PM

Yeah, i've been getting saps on warlocks and DK's consistently.

I havent done 3's but maybe pets dont put owners in combat intill they reach and attack their target? so im not sure how it is but that definitely is nice just thinking about it.

#20 eizei

eizei
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:26 PM

I can confirm, you can indeed now sap targets who have sent their pet to attack. Been waiting for that fix for a long time..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<