Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:37. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo
- - - - -

[Bloodline Champions] Just launched: new Bloodline Champions meta-game focused website. :)

• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

#421 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:02 AM

I dunno. It's pretty hard to even get a decent game of 3s on US. Usually it's either you wait an hour and then run into a top US team trying to farm points but everyone is avoiding them, get nothing but scrubs once an hour and then they quit since you run into nothing but them, or you never get a queue all day.

At the very least, US standard queue is often populated to a degree where you won't wait more than 10 mins. So people go there instead with their 2 buddies and stomp with an advantage most of the time.

The US population got better at the very least. It went from literally no rated games and very little custom games to having some consistency with practice matchmaking.
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#422 friendliestguyonaj

friendliestguyonaj
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/0/2/2/0/1/2

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

BLC is in IPL now so US population will rise in the future.

On EU you wait like 4minutes for 3s though as well.
Could be because our hidden MMR is pretty bad while at the same time we are in G18 rating range.
I dunno.
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#423 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:35 AM

New bloodline; Samus Aran :lol:
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#424 friendliestguyonaj

friendliestguyonaj
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:04 AM

bitch's looking good

#425 Amazon

Amazon
  • Members

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:26 AM

Make sure to check out the KtK tournament on Sunday at 19:00 CET.

It will be streamed and casted at 20:00 CET on blgtv.net

If anyone want advice or got questions, feel free to pm me here or in-game: Amazon

#426 MickZaruba

MickZaruba
  • Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:04 AM

Dreamhack

Dreamhack Final Day for BLC is now live, come tune into this amazing game!

#427 nocturn4L

nocturn4L
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:24 AM

does anyone still play this game? quit WOW for good, but i still kinda miss arena. anyone find this a good substitute? or queues still long in this game because it's not as popular?

#428 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:42 AM

I still play it, just talking about it is sorta pointless here lol. Most of the conversation just goes on the main forums lol.

but yeah it's not really a popular game and it's a hit or miss for WoW arena guys; some people really love the fact that it's all arena, some people get bored of it due to lack of real progression.

There's issues with the game of course, no west coast server sucks massive ass and a couple others *but that one affects me the most*. Aside from stuff like that, I love the game itself.

Also it's a convenient game for me; quick matches, go in whenever I want.
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#429 friendliestguyonaj

friendliestguyonaj
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

It's a lot of fun.
Queue times + SC2 + DotA2 Beta kinda ruined it for me though :(

#430 Acud

Acud
  • Members
  • LocationKepler-22b

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

time to revive this thread :)

i've played some games today and - for the fist time ever - as an inhibitor. kinda different than the feeling of an igniter and i'm not used to it yet.
this guide seemed legit and helped me for a bit (taken from the official forums).
do you have any additional tips for inhibitors? i feel like i'm getting shredded in some games and can't do shit about it ..

+i don't know if it's a known bug but my games runs SUPER slow on a certain map (and only on this map). it feels like lags but 100% of the game which makes it impossible for me to do anything at all besides missing my shots.. very very very frustrating
i don't know the name of the map but i can describe it for you :D it's the platform map which is surrounded by fog / clouds..

Posted Image

#431 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:40 AM

time to revive this thread :)

i've played some games today and - for the fist time ever - as an inhibitor. kinda different than the feeling of an igniter and i'm not used to it yet.
this guide seemed legit and helped me for a bit (taken from the official forums).
do you have any additional tips for inhibitors? i feel like i'm getting shredded in some games and can't do shit about it ..

+i don't know if it's a known bug but my games runs SUPER slow on a certain map (and only on this map). it feels like lags but 100% of the game which makes it impossible for me to do anything at all besides missing my shots.. very very very frustrating
i don't know the name of the map but i can describe it for you :D it's the platform map which is surrounded by fog / clouds..

I played a decent amount of inhibitor. Another one of those "takes a shit ton of practice" bloodlines
*with a big aim requirement to use properly, which even I'm quite fraudulent at compared to top inhibitors.*

But generally my tips

M1

•The main thing you need to note is that it applies a debuff that stacks to 3 that increases the damage the target receives from ALL sources, 8% per stack for the duration. Duration can be refreshed if you land another M1.

•If you want to dps, you'll want to get your stacks to 3 and consume it with M2 to get some pretty chunky burst. Scales even higher if you land the M2 on a back hit.

•To leave the debuff on, or to M1 x 3 -> M2 combo, while assisting offensive pressure is up to you. If your partner is about to do his ulti or do some damaging team combo, leave the debuff on and consume it afterwards. Otherwise repeat the M1 combo.

•The M1 x 3 -> M2 combo is typically hard to pull off on opponents who dodge well consistently without missing *unless your aim is amazing*. The reward is still great whenever you can pull it off.
*TL;DR Work on your aim.

•Take advantage of your own incaps to finish your M1 combo whenever applicable.
*But don't be an asshole inhibitor and break your alchemist's sleep when he doesn't have 3 stacks on already*

•Pillar humping targets will piss you off.

•Be wary of trances which can dispel all your stacks.

•Know that your M1 range is slightly lower than most ranged DPS other than Engineer. *look up the ranges yourself of abilities in general.*

Majority of Ranged DPS have a range of 100 on their M1s.

Spellblock

•When using it offensively, specifically aim to spellblock defensive CDs. The idea is based on anticipation but the results will be awesome.

•When using it defensively, aim for their main abilities *M1s*

•Your spellblock once it lands spreads a short ranged AoE. Therefore if there's 2 melee on you or others, throw a spellblock and watch them stand there without their M1s.

•Be a dickhead and spellblock a healer while he's healing

•An easy way to set up spellblocks are after your incaps. Space -> Spellblock, Trance -> spellblock, Shield break AoE incap -> spellblock. However don't rely on this. It gets predictable.

•Again don't be predictable with spellblocks, but be careful with it's use. Put thought into it.

•If your team mates are doing some damaging combos/team combos, good time to toss in a spellblock either before or after. If it prevents a defensive CD, your team will get a ton of momentum.

Trance

•Generally used to avoid the next ability based on anticipation or reaction, Inhib's trance teleports behind the caster and incaps everyone in between.

•Learn all the abilities that you can trance, and especially the ones you cannot.

•You can use it as a means to close in on a ranged opponent. Though when you do, make sure you have the means to get out when needed.

♦Be aware of the situation you can possibly get into if you trance a ranged ability. Examples being;

+ You proc your trance and incap 1 target and you're now out of your team's support range and you're low on defensive CDs.

+ you proc your trance at a farther range against 2 melee based tanks and now you're in the corner without defensive CDs. *Horrible situation*

etc...

•You can trance channeled ultimates like Engineer's, Gunner on direct hit, another Inhibitor's ulti, etc... and in turn, interrupt the cast

♦Mind games aspect of your trance

♣Don't get your trance baited. If someone is fully casting an execute/shadowbolt at max range, just walk out of the range; it's most likely a fake and if it's real, it won't reach anyways. If he's at a slightly closer ranged but a bit too far to walk out, just wait for the cast to finish and react with the trance. If he's doing it point blank, laugh at him and spellblock his face.

♣Don't be predictable with your trance. Some inhibitor's start out the round by walking into M1 range and hitting trance. That may or may not work, whatever, not a bad idea. Just don't use the same old tricks *unless you know it works against those players*. In this game, like many others, good players look for the habits of their opponents to exploit.
*The most hilarious are the kinds that use their Bloodline's CDs as soon as they're available AND in order. Don't be that guy.

♣Bloodlines like Seeker can easily threaten you with his Q, which easily disrupts your trance and gives him a free Firearrow from max range. Be VERY aware of these possible situations when using your trance.

A decent seeker for example can fake his fire arrow and then cast cancel it into Q. A typical inhibitor will try to trance the fire arrow based on habit, and will eat a Q -> fire arrow.

I'll add more later, tons more to add. Have to play something with a buddy in a bit :(

Also bloodlines you might have trouble against are

•Good nomads
•Asshole Seekers
•Stalkers

Lastly, the maps you're having issues with is the newest map. Forgot the name but everyone has fps issues on that map and most people just ban it because of that fact. So you're not alone.
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#432 Acud

Acud
  • Members
  • LocationKepler-22b

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

Spoiler

thanks a TON! great advice for me! thanks!

you should get an award for your help concerning blc on AJ :) seriously!

Posted Image

#433 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

nomads are so shit though.
Posted Image

#434 Acud

Acud
  • Members
  • LocationKepler-22b

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

hate the new bloodline already .. perfect for stupid melee cleave combos.

edit: QQ

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users