Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:37. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo
- - - - -

[Bloodline Champions] Just launched: new Bloodline Champions meta-game focused website. :)

• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

#21 Anglian

Anglian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:58 PM

Thorns are typically noob killers from what forums say. I like having them as a partner though. Maining Ranid atm *Bloodpriest is such a shit healer :c*

Then again Ranid probably does have tools to not get fucked over by thorns :s

Yeah seem to be able to beat everyting atm. Harbringers are raping me at the moment though

#22 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:11 AM

Maybe Glutton would win 1v1 against ranid? Never had problems yet...

Unless it's that map with like multiple gaps and bridges and a wide open space in the middle with very little LoS and going against ranged :P Then I start worrying about resetting cds.
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#23 Anglian

Anglian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:29 PM

Maybe Glutton would win 1v1 against ranid? Never had problems yet...

Unless it's that map with like multiple gaps and bridges and a wide open space in the middle with very little LoS and going against ranged :P Then I start worrying about resetting cds.

Can't say i've met a Glutton/Ranid yet. Just alot of Guardians, Harbringers and Heralds =[

#24 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:32 PM

What? Never met a ranid?

They're everywhere, atleast in 3s :lol:

I love it when other players waste cds...especially if they use Space abilites and they're right next to me with all cds down for whatever reason B)

Ranid's Space is so damn amazing...also Thorn's projectiles are either relatively slow or I'm used to trying to dodge seeker and inhibiter M1s :c
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#25 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:46 PM

Also this deserves a double post. Saw this on your site lol

http://www.youtube.c...&v=RZ3kah-JNOA#

1:21. I'd do that shit all the time if I were to play bloodpriest. If I live through 3s without dieing or other partners dieing, YOU BET IM GOING BUST OUT MY JEDI SKILLS WITH BLOOD PRIEST.

In all seriousness god damn. Blood priest is just horrible :(
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#26 gambyy7

gambyy7
  • Members

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:40 AM

just downloaded this game, been playing for a few days, and let me just say it's the game I've been looking for to hold me over until Diablo 3 since WoW cant seem to cut it. The PvP is awesome and each loss most of the time you know you got outplayed whereas in WoW most people tend to blame the huge crits or class.

To all you people complaining you only get 4 free lines and can unlock everyone other line eventually for free is absurd. Just pay the 30$ or get the 17k coins to unlock a class for free.

love the site too thanks for putting it together my name is gambyy online add me if anyone wants to play some games.

#27 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:56 AM

I'm pretty damn content with just Seeker. Once they release a good skin aside from officer I'm set B)
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#28 Windwrath1

Windwrath1
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:34 PM

Also this deserves a double post. Saw this on your site lol

Nice, I'm glad someone is checking the site out. ;)

And I have to say: we need more Arena players to try this out. The game is wonderful: well balanced, fast paced and fun.

#29 Watlok

Watlok
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:42 PM

It's all of those things. It does have one pretty big problem. You need people to play with, and so far I haven't been successful in getting any of my friends to play it. They are all either playing HoN, WoW, or SC2.

#30 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:47 AM

The people I brought to BLC are usually somewhat true pvpers; the kinds that love to fight other people for a challenge and improve rather than just to collect gear.

I'd find it very hard to convince a close friend that is strictly a raider and pvp off time if you know what I mean.

and yes infact...Ideally this site is the perfect place to help promote it. Though it would probably conflict with site rules or something.

The community really needs the boost and there's TONS of arena players just losing interest in WoW Arena and WoW in general, but not the concept of team based arena.
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#31 Exclave

Exclave
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:38 PM

Deffinitly worth gettnig this game to hold over till D3 release. Awesome site too btw, and I'm down to play on rated teams if anyone wants to play, been playing arena in WoW since S2 and have grown on this game and aint bad at all. Add me if you wanna play! same name as here

#32 Windwrath1

Windwrath1
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:51 AM

Deffinitly worth gettnig this game to hold over till D3 release. Awesome site too btw, and I'm down to play on rated teams if anyone wants to play, been playing arena in WoW since S2 and have grown on this game and aint bad at all. Add me if you wanna play! same name as here

:)

Glad to see more people picking the game up... it desperately needs it. It's such a great game and to have it not get the momentum because Funcom won't bite the bullet and advertise on Curse is sad.

#33 Lingling

Lingling
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1712
  • 3v3: 1675
  • RBG: 576

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:24 PM

quitted wow few days ago and now bought an engineer from my first 17k earned bloodcoins.

the spectator mode lets you easily stream and cast awesome online tourneys like blg and glhfgg organize them weekly.
yeah i basically like blc that much because it is focusing the competitive e-sports scene alot, whereas wow got eliminated from nearly all tournaments in the past.

however, still learning the game, as i wasn't ever that pro in learning new games. name is "Lingprak" cya ingame :)

#34 Imawhiteguy

Imawhiteguy

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:51 PM

Haven't been to AJ in years, but I thought I would come back to talk about this game!

I quit wow a while back and didn't really dig the whole Cata thing, I guess I'm a true blue TBC kiddy.

Anyways, the only reason I ever played wow was PVP and for Arena, so naturally this game is going to save me some cash in the long run, and some time by taking the rest of the fluff out and just giving me what I love!

Started playing in beta but not hardcore, bought the champ edition this weekend and tonight I have been up for like 20 hours playing. Took a while for the game to click for me, with learning skills, positioning and team comps, but it's teeth are in and I'm hooked!

If anyone knows of the "Arena Junkies" for BLC let me know, would love to see crazy guides and theory from real hardcore pro's, always gets me pumped for a game.

#35 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:08 AM

http://www.bloodline...=11491&start=15

I think I got owned by a BLC dev :confused::(

*I'm Kaww ingame btw
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#36 Stretchmarks

Stretchmarks

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

do you gain some kind of in game currency to unlock the characters or only money? and how long does it take if there is IGC to unlock 1 guy

#37 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:04 AM

Both and there's a guide on how to speed unlock them through getting currency through easy achieves. Supposedly it's 3 days or so?

Otherwise -> 2 weeks. There's a weekly cap of how much bloodcoins you can earn *very easy to hit cap if you play daily and get extra coins from doing ladder via 600 coin bonus pool.

9k for weekly cap

17k for a bloodline.

Funny thing is that the earlier achieves give you tons, 500 bloodcoins for doing the tutorial, another 500 for adding a friend/making a 2v2 team? I'll look it up later.
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#38 Omer

Omer
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

what's top bloodline right now?
Posted Image

#39 Imawhiteguy

Imawhiteguy

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:33 AM

what's top bloodline right now?

Without trying to sound like a tool, there kind of isn't really one that stands out. Thorn did, but as of this week he was nerfed, I haven't seen a ton of Thorn's running around to comment on his OPness but I would say that BLC is fairly balanced. It is mostly about your play style and that of your team comp.

However there are a few that aren't as heavily used in the bleeding edge of BLC E-sports right now. I think that is for two reasons, some champs are harder than others to play and people haven't had enough time to get them mastered quite yet, or they don't have a skill set that vibes well with the current meta-game.

Take the engineer for example, few teams use him, but the ones that do seem to use him to interupt the other teams casting, instead of his DPS skillz, he is not used a ton but he has his role and since they are champs and not your character he is a good second game situational pick if casting is killing you.

#40 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:41 AM

Engineer is hard because it's hard to be "useful" with him.

Alot of it comes down to really awesome timing and dispels with his shrink ray, among other things too.

As for thorn, he's just a fun noob basher for the most part :lol: He's pretty good though not the best. After reading tons of threads it's pretty much down to Nomad and Psychopomp.

They nerfed them a bit fortunately but they're still quite strong. Like the guy says though, a lot of the bloodlines are quite close in terms of balance.

You'd think Spearmaster would suck after some good games with him, but Jackazzm would make your head spin with his Spearmaster in tournaments.

Hell possibly blood priest might be pretty decent now after buffs. Originally shat on compared to other healers and now he seems a lot more inline

There's one thing for sure, there's bloodlines that are easier to play *thorn being the biggest offender :lol:

Even then, a thorn is very easy to pick apart 1v1. 2v1 it depends and they can be quite nasty and they start to shine in their role of rooting, disrupting and tanking. Though once you dodge their stuff it becomes a LOT easier. His pull is kinda slow but very effective if it lands.
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users