Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:37. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo
- - - - -

[Bloodline Champions] Just launched: new Bloodline Champions meta-game focused website. :)

• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

#1 Windwrath1

Windwrath1
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:04 AM

Hello everyone.

I've been playing BLC, on and off, since closed beta. I have huge hopes for this game. I know that BLC kind of got mixed reviews here, but tournaments have started to be streamed all over the place (semmler on justin.tv and blgaming on own3d.tv, etc), and there's a fair amount of people logging into solo queue and 2s (3s is still kind of low pop in the US, but it's picking up. Tournaments help.)

A little bit ago I got bitten with an idea about a good site for BLC. What I wanted was a place to read about Bloodlines and Team Comps where it was easy to figure out which ones were popular and why they were popular. This, to me, requires a readable layout, comments and guides (whether those guides are written, audio or video.)

So I built it. After going on a rampage last weekend and spending like 70 hours on it, it's finally ready for launch. There's a LOT of features I have planned, but it's close enough to be usable so I've started putting up content. I've asked some guide makers here for permission to repost their work, and some people like Mizotu are working on new guides for it.

The site is not intended to be another set of forums. It's not intended to run tournaments. That is... it's not intended to compete with other BLC sites out there, now.

So please try it out. If you're gold or diamond level, maybe submit a guide. Maybe see if your favorite team comp is listed, and if not submit it (though neither guides or comps are instantly approved, they will be approved shortly after submission). Or perhaps start a discussion about your favorite Bloodline, team comp or match up, or maybe one you've seen in a tournament. Also, I think guides should be easily shared on (and presentable for) social media, so guides and team comps have buttons you can easily share them with.

So here it is: www HeraldOfInsight com

I hope you find it readable and can see the point of it, and I put an introductory blog post with some of the stuff I hope to do soon on the site.

#2 Windwrath1

Windwrath1
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:31 AM

Mizotu just published a guide there on Psychopomp, it looks really good.

:)

#3 Prah

Prah
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:25 PM

Just tried it today, really liked it, a mix of hon and arena :D
Posted Image

#4 Windwrath1

Windwrath1
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

Just tried it today, really liked it, a mix of hon and arena :D

Yup! :D I think it's quite fun.

#5 Megamonk

Megamonk
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:30 PM

Installed it last night and its REALLY good.
No more 25+min games with 1 or 2 people afk.
No more kid talking shit and playing shit.
Fast paced - competitive gaming.

Give it a go!.

#6 Speshul

Speshul
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Baelgun
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:01 PM

I miss beta when all champions were free though :P

#7 Prah

Prah
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:30 PM

Agree, not that I played beta though. And btw House ftw ;D
Posted Image

#8 friendliestguyonaj

friendliestguyonaj
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/0/2/2/0/1/2

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

There is no HoN in there.
And there is no dota in there.
And there is no goddamn lol in there.

Its just Warlocks + Arena.
You don't know Warlocks?
BLC - Arena = Warlocks.
There you go.

#9 Windwrath1

Windwrath1
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:32 PM

We've been petitioning Stunlock Studios to get at least EIGHT free champions... but I realize they want people to buy the game pretty badly and are under pressure from Funcom.

It's just annoying because it works against them... they need as many users as they can hook to begin with.

#10 Speshul

Speshul
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Baelgun
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

There is no HoN in there.
And there is no dota in there.
And there is no goddamn lol in there.

Its just Warlocks + Arena.
You don't know Warlocks?
BLC - Arena = Warlocks.
There you go.

wat

#11 Neloangelo

Neloangelo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

god forbid people have to pay money for a game, go ask your mommy for an extra weeks pocket money or something.

Anyway I had to go so i was like ok i gotta head to class and shes like peace and hugs me and my boner pushes against her leg and she looks at me wide eyed and walks away really fast.

ಠ︵ಠ凸

#12 Windwrath1

Windwrath1
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:50 AM

god forbid people have to pay money for a game, go ask your mommy for an extra weeks pocket money or something.

Well, what I don't get is... it's the WoW forums. I mean... I would wager most people have paid well over the sticker price of BLC during their time playing WoW. :P

#13 Windwrath1

Windwrath1
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:44 AM

Added a couple more beginner/intermediate guides to the site. Working on adding streaming support/blogs for star users.

Have some exclusive content from a couple of big names that will use the blog/streaming capabilities along with more advanced, high ELO guides.

#14 Nereva

Nereva
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Wrathbringer
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:27 PM

Yeah, im a huge BLC-fan. Bought the champions edition

I mostly play Psychopomp and Seeker. I really like those classes. If i have to play a tank, im taking the guardian because she does SO MUCH DAMAGE. But she hasnt any real defense, so i die often. But its so awesome to charge someone, cleave them for 35-40, hit them with the normal strike and then make a cleaveexecute for again 45 (20 HP + 20% of the lost HP, so usually about 40 damage). So about 140 Damage in 6 seconds if i dont get stunned or something. And reaching them with the Axe Throw, change and ranged ae stun is quite easy. Ahhh, i love to bash noobs in conquest with her. When you get both buffs (Yeah, they stack HAHA) i sometimes hit someone for 65 with cleave. Also seeker with 45 shots is very funny to play.

What i love about Psychopomp is the ultimate. Its such a simple ultimate but you can do so much with it and also requires skill to use it effective.

Also you can do some retarded damage in conquest with her and the two buffs. 18*2*1.25*1.5 = Damage with ultimate and both buffs. God, i love to kill those stupid boomerangladies with the buffs. They never understand why they got twohitted!111
Posted Image

#15 Windwrath1

Windwrath1
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:56 AM

I've added live streams to Herald of Insight.

When you log in, you'll now see areas under "My Account" in which you can add a justin.tv login name or an own3d.tv ID. (Both can be gotten from your stream URL).

If you enter them in there, send me a PM or email (at [email protected]) telling me which account name is yours and if your stream is good quality I can make your streams show up on the front page when live. :)

#16 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:21 AM

Checked the astro guide and it's a pretty nice review. Seems like I'm on track *rambo healer ftw :P* HE'S MAYOR CHOPPABLE MANG FUCK HEALING CHOPCHOPCHOPCHOP

Waiting for a guide for Herald

Love the Pomp guide...makes me wish that I can use her swap without shitting myself :c

also makes me wonder what happens if Shad priests has an ability to Swap places with targets :P
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#17 Windwrath1

Windwrath1
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:22 PM

Ask and you shall receive! We just published a Herald guide. :) (total coincidence, though, hehe.)

#18 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:27 PM

doing randoms as herald 3v3 and then running into triple melee and your engi decides to jump into the middle is :(

I can only do so much to save someone rofl. Though running into double engi + herald was :D reflecting machine guns all day.
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#19 Anglian

Anglian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

haha I just installed this game after being bored on WoW. Still trying to get the hang of it but it's fucking fun! Though I play a faggy igniter, it looks like thorns are the best?

Edit: I'm getting pretty insane on my Igniter, though i'm considering buying 1200 funcom points to grab a Guardian+Herald/Engineer. Worth it?

Edit: How are Spear masters?

#20 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:16 PM

Thorns are typically noob killers from what forums say. I like having them as a partner though. Maining Ranid atm *Bloodpriest is such a shit healer :c*

Then again Ranid probably does have tools to not get fucked over by thorns :s
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users