Photo

Yet another question about a combo ;)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Iradeonlolz

Iradeonlolz

Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:56 PM

Hello there, once again.

This time I'm asking about a 3on3 team that me and two friends are going to create as soon as we've leveled our alts to 70.

The team consists of a Troll Priest (Me), an Undead Rogue and an Orc Warrior.

I have two questions about this:

1. Is it worth going for? To me it seems like a pretty decent combination, though, will x2 Meele classes be a problem? Are there any tips and tricks we should keep in mind?

2. How should I specc, as a priest? To me, Disc seems like a good choice, with Pain Suppression, 50% dmg return on PW:S etc. Or should I go holy for the 'after-death-angel-healing-thingie', Circle of Healing and so on? Or maybe even Shadow? (Personally I'd prefer to heal though, haven't done that alot so I think it might be fun.)

Best regards: Adeon.
Molnvisp: 70 Mage | Adeon: 70 Priest | Jaedenar EU
Yeah, my ratings suck. ;)

#2 shyst

shyst
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 17 August 2007 - 05:40 PM

I am currently running this setup (ran it all S1 too). Let me tell you

#3 Allu

Allu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 1/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1375

Posted 17 August 2007 - 07:13 PM

Hello there, once again.

This time I'm asking about a 3on3 team that me and two friends are going to create as soon as we've leveled our alts to 70.

The team consists of a Troll Priest (Me), an Undead Rogue and an Orc Warrior.

I have two questions about this:

1. Is it worth going for? To me it seems like a pretty decent combination, though, will x2 Meele classes be a problem? Are there any tips and tricks we should keep in mind?

2. How should I specc, as a priest? To me, Disc seems like a good choice, with Pain Suppression, 50% dmg return on PW:S etc. Or should I go holy for the 'after-death-angel-healing-thingie', Circle of Healing and so on? Or maybe even Shadow? (Personally I'd prefer to heal though, haven't done that alot so I think it might be fun.)

Best regards: Adeon.

The main flaw I can see here is huge weakness to kiting and all physical damage, while it CAN work - it can also be a pain in the ass to be effective. One thing you could look foward to is all the warlock + healer + x 3v3 teams that seem to be popping up as FoTM recently - you will destroy them with your matrix.

#4 Molp

Molp
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:40 PM

What is your goal for the team? If your goal is to have fun and make some points, that lineup is entirely viable. Fact is, in 3v3 until you get to the extremely high end pretty much anything goes. At high ratings, teams like mage/rogue/druid will be problematic for you though, since your DPS will be chain CCed while you have a rogue on your tail.

A lot will ride on the priest. How far you can go really depends on how well you play. Your team will not be able to support you as well as others, and a lot of dispelling will be mandatory. So be prepared for a stressful job.

As for spec. 95% of all healing priests are 28/33 for a reason :D Pain suppression is nice when you are undergeared but requires a lot of filler talents and is thus generally not worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<