#1 Kasarin

Kasarin
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Llane
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:20 PM

I'm starting to build a ret set in hopes of starting out season 3 as ret but I'm having trouble with all the gear out there. Pre-BC my ret set was awesome but it was easy to make with t2.5 for some sp dmg and warrior belt bracers ring and of course my Severence. But with so much gear out there I cant choose between warrior stat'ed items and sp dmg/sp crit. I know for arena I will need to pop out and heal and sp dmg will help but I'm not going sp dmg 1h and shield. Should I go straight for warrior stats since I'm picking up the season 2 2h? I know its all gonna go down to my play style but I wanna adapt with something that works. Any gemming advice will help too, thanks!

#2 Baconn

Baconn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Retribution 0/2/0/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1583
  • 3v3: 2007

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:21 AM

AP and crit are a lot more important than spell damage, but don't ignore it. It's a great stat for cracking warriors and druids, and helps if you're trying to kill someone though a BoP with judgements/hammer as a last ditch effort. It does help when you need to offheal as well.

Focus on AP/crit, put spell damage as a secondary stat.

As for gear, if you can't get a Deep Thunder > Stormherald, season 2 weapon is the way to go I suppose. You want to start farming honor now and get all of the honor pieces, they're amazing. After that, you might as well just save any arena points you get for next season, or get the season 1 set for an easier start. If you really love farming honor, get the Grand Marshal set, it's got damn good stats for being non epic, and the best you can use pre-raid / arena.
Posted Image

#3 Vicarious

Vicarious
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:57 AM

I wouldn't pick up an S2 armor, wait for S3 with resilience. Maybe pick up some easy gear from heroics like Vanquisher's Legplates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<