knucklz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1846

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:36 AM

I agree that all roles should be viable for PvP, but just you have to realize that looking at the top ladders will not tell you if a role is balance or not. There are far more druids, but far less ferals. Blizzard should honestly show ALL classes and specs over 1k and put out the actual statistics.
That being said, ferals should be given some kind of survivability to justify the snare change. It was OP, but they should give them some kind of survivability against casters. Most likely put on savage roar or something.

why should we take a look at the 1k rated people, that do not even know how to play their own class?

#142 leetsoss

leetsoss
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:02 PM

Pft get with the program I stated spending my points on restto gear as soon as the patch was announced

#143 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:06 PM

why should we take a look at the 1k rated people, that do not even know how to play their own class?

Because Billy, that would mean you are incorrectly analyzing the data. Anyone who has passed the 5th grade knows that you need to look at the entire pool, not just outliers. I can't look at reckful and say, well just because this guy has so many rank 1s, rogues must be overpowered. You need to see how many feral druids there are and how many are in the top tier. Then you can compare that to how many rogues there are and how many are in the top tier.

#144 Tarukimo

Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:20 PM

Because Billy, that would mean you are incorrectly analyzing the data. Anyone who has passed the 5th grade knows that you need to look at the entire pool, not just outliers. I can't look at reckful and say, well just because this guy has so many rank 1s, rogues must be overpowered. You need to see how many feral druids there are and how many are in the top tier. Then you can compare that to how many rogues there are and how many are in the top tier.

At the same time, you are suggesting we balance the game around statistics from the 1100'ish bracket. How good would starcraft II be if they balanced it largely around the bronze division?

#145 Coca

Coca
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

At the same time, you are suggesting we balance the game around statistics from the 1100'ish bracket. How good would starcraft II be if they balanced it largely around the bronze division?

How good would SC:II be if the bronze division had terrans win 85% of the time? This game doesn't revolved around the top10 of each BG.

#146 Tarukimo

Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:35 PM

How good would SC:II be if the bronze division had terrans win 85% of the time? This game doesn't revolved around the top10 of each BG.

have you played scII? people ride mm, mmm, etc. up to platinum+. The game is, thank god, balanced around the top players.

#147 Erch

Erch
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:21 PM

have you played scII? people ride mm, mmm, etc. up to platinum+. The game is, thank god, balanced around the top players.

Can you imagine the riots in Seoul if somebody won a championship with cheese?
Posted Image
Feral makes every comp better.

#148 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:14 AM

So this one didn't pass 5th grade math?
Let's explain. There are 5 feral druids over 2400. There are 6 rogues over 2400. So rogues must be better right Susie? WRONG.
Let's see how many rogues there are participating. Well there are 5000 rogues. How many ferals? Only 3000 ferals? Well I'm pretty sure that 5/3000 is a higher percentage of representation then 6/5000.

#149 Tarukimo

Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:26 AM

So this one didn't pass 5th grade math?
Let's explain. There are 5 feral druids over 2400. There are 6 rogues over 2400. So rogues must be better right Susie? WRONG.
Let's see how many rogues there are participating. Well there are 5000 rogues. How many ferals? Only 3000 ferals? Well I'm pretty sure that 5/3000 is a higher percentage of representation then 6/5000.

No use arguing with you, you're...you.

#150 Chanimal

Chanimal
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1603
  • 3v3: 2815
  • RBG: 1847

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:33 AM

Ok i got nothing against you and tbh you are one of the few ppl on AJ i like and i usualy agree with. But..

This is pure bs you are saying here. How is this any different fron any other rogue or dk? You think that your kick is uselees because you have to waddle all the way to the caster to use it? Guess what that's exactly like kick of mf or even pummel post 4.0.6. And 13 yards is 8 yards more than all other melee interupts. Useless? God damn that thing is better than ANY other melee interupt: longer range, makes their spells cost more mana and puts you in melee range, it's basically kick on steroids and i don't think you can really dispute this.

And speaking of waddling try to play a muti rogue or dk and then you will truely understand the meaning of waddling! Try queing into a phd or any mage+lock/dk on blade's edge or dalaran as muti and then you can talk about not being able to reach your target EVER. The simple fact that we need to spec into a ZERO mobility spec to have dmg on par with the likes of wars/dks/ferals while they have the same mobility (or even higher) than sub (which is lol 8k bs CRITS) is making my mind boggle.

Almost every melee gets shut down to nothing while they get trained. Do you think wars fare a lot better? or dks? or lolrets? What melee class, in your opinion, does so much better while being trained than druids?

Your mobility get's thrown right back inline with others. You are basicaly a ret pala (you can swap globals for snares) with a 15 sec charge, 145% movement speed and 50% slow. The only melees that have root brakers are wars (bladestorm once every 1.25min) and rogues (vanish every 2min, clos 1min) and all of them are either dmg incresing abilities or very important def cds. Please try it out and tell me how it went when you used clos/vanish to get out of a random nova instead of keeping them for a swap / when you focused.

And tbh every class flops over when their def cds are out. Do you think you can do anything as a war or dk or ret or rogue once your cds are out? NO, you just die.

And last thing on my wall of text: you class "signature ability" geting trashed? guess what same thing happened to rogues with cs+ks.. live with it or reroll.

tl;dr sry for the wall of text mostly venting, the sky isn't falling on ferals.

well said. ferals being able to shift roots over and over is stupid - every other class has to have a healer backing them up without wasting huge cd's such as cloak and vanish to break snares.

good change, if it really is that bad some compensation should be given but to be honest i think ferals will be fine.

and lol @ skull bash being "bad"
twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#151 Monkeyaids

Monkeyaids
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/2/2

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:59 AM

You are so mind numbingly ignorant...

Your defensive cds are on MUCH shorter cds than a feral druids, and that is why your survivability is better.

Also, your CLOS is an ABSOLUTE defense, it doesn't MITIGATE spell damage, IT NULLIFIES IT COMPLETELY.

Survival instincts, barkskin, and frenzied regen all serve to keep us alive longer while still taking damage. They do NOT allow us to get away/stop incoming damage/reset the fight.

Rogue gets focused by wiz cleave, BOOM CLOS. Free run back to a pillar with zero damage taken.

Also, how do rogues have easier restealths? HUR FREAKING DUR 4 SECOND VANISH WHILE DOTS TICK HURURRRRURURURUURAAAHHHAHARRURUR.

If you have trouble getting restealths with CLOS AND FREAKING VANISH, I don't even know what to say.

Rogues are not about soloing people, they are about setting up the damage, much the same as feral druids were in wotlk. If you want to solo people in a stun, play mut or reroll warrior. If you want to take advantage of a ludicrous number of amazing tools to completely shut down the enemy team and set up wins for your team, play rogue.

As for the LOL IT IS ONE SPEC NOT CLASS. WE HAVE TO GET A FULLY DIFFERENT SET OF GEAR TO PLAY FERAL THAN TO PLAY RESTO, YOU CAN USE THE SAME (even weapons now, unless I'm missing something) SET OF GEAR FOR ALL 3 SPECS, SO GO FREAKING F*&*# YOURSELF.

I really don't like you.

#152 Tarukimo

Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:19 AM

I really don't like you.

I really don't care, as I've done nothing worthy of 'not liking'. I didn't attack anyone, I merely explained the reasons behind my frustration.

#153 loony

loony
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Wildhammer
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2727
  • 3v3: 3156
  • 5v5: 2469
  • RBG: 2458

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:32 AM

Altho ferals are hit hard i still think they can play with a hunter/healer after patch.

#154 Miirkat

Miirkat
  • Premium Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2406

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:46 AM

Altho ferals are hit hard i still think they can play with a hunter/healer after patch.

Why would a Hunter want to play with a Feral when they can play with a DK or Warlock and do significantly better?

Posted Image
miirkat.deviantart.com
^^^^^^ please visit my deviantART page :3
Resto for friends. Feral for life. CAT DURID IS 4 FITE!

#155 Tarukimo

Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

Why would a Hunter want to play with a Feral when they can play with a DK or Warlock and do significantly better?

They could play with most bot's and do better. So long, of course, as the bot isn't a feral druid.

#156 Miirkat

Miirkat
  • Premium Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2406

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:43 AM

8D

Posted Image
miirkat.deviantart.com
^^^^^^ please visit my deviantART page :3
Resto for friends. Feral for life. CAT DURID IS 4 FITE!

#157 zirkus

zirkus
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:22 AM

the patch is coming closer and closer, iam afraid. :/
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users