Photo

Solution to Feral Druid QQ

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#21 ojd

ojd

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

My rogue in epic pvp gear does 5.5k healing with recuperate up per tick.
My green-blue feral druid dots ticked for 4-6 per dot at lv 83, that allready outdamaged my rogue at lv 85.
What i did, is i run from mob to mob, dotted each and every one of them, and left em at around 85-90% hp and jumped to next one, while previsious ones were dying behind.
I leveled two chars, in cata, rogue and druid, and i must admit that feral druid experience was way better, then rogue one. I had basically more dps, more cc and more survivability as feral. As rogue even with recup up u have to stay on your target till it dies and eat once in a while, while as druid i just powersmash through everything without a single stop.
My own expirience in cata is that playing feral druid after playing fully geared rogue is a breath. And when u realise that u are far better as melee dps then some other pure melee classes, then, maybe, u will realise that its a justyfied nerf to feral spec. Most of u wont agree. Some with say: nerf damage, keep shifting, some will say, fuck off, u dont have a clue.
Well i do have a clue, i played a druid since beta and playing resto druid right now, i leveled him as feral, and i did more damage on leveling with him, then my stupid rogue in epics does.
Those who say: nerf dmg and leave shifting, believe me, u dont want to be another SHS spec aka Noodle hitting man.
Its rly hard to balance all 3 specs to be viable in pvp. Right now u have 2 strong specs out of 3. Some other classes have one, or one and a half.
Dont be greedy, dont be selfish.
Ofc u want to have everything. Mobility, selfrootdispel and crazy dmg, but nah, u just cant have it. Sorry and gl.

ps: sorry for bad english.

hero <3

#22 nijuu

nijuu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:45 PM

Actually there are some good ferals out there, like 4 or 5 of them posting in this forum. You can't compare druid or shamans with rogues/mages/lock. You want to play a melee? Specc feral or enhancement. You want to play heal? Spec resto. You want to play a caster? Specc balance or elemental. Of course druids play resto and you seriously asking why? Just go LSD with some 2.2k scrubs and go for #1 back in season 8. Where are all the elemental shamans right now in S9? I didn't see a single LSD as far as i remember. All shamans are playing some fucking warrior/enhance/x cleave or playing resto combined with a lock + x. I have to say, that feral was a viable spec in the last seasons, it was not the easiest way to get a good rating, but it was still possible with a good setup and some really good player.
The skillcap of a feral was lowered by a huge amount, you don't need SR anymore. 99% of the people didn't even know that rogues or hunter can dispell savage roar (back in s8 actually not a single rogue or hunter dispelled my SR. Does that mean that they're bad as fuck and that there is no Neilyo on hunter?)

Please just leave this forum, you have no clue about what you're talking - feral is good at the moment, most of the classes still outdps us.

#23 foodstampzx

foodstampzx
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:51 PM

Feral needs a LOT more survivability, and a damage nerf.

That sums up everything. Now can all these threads stop appearing?

#24 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:03 PM

The Hybrids vs Pure design is archaic and has rightly been abandoned by Blizzard, at least in PVP. If Pure classes do more damage than Hybrids, then by default Hybrids should have better healing than Pures. That's not at all the case right now, so if Blizzard intends for hybrids to do less damage then their design is failing miserable.

As it stands, Rogues/Warriors/Locks/DKs all have better healing than hybrids so saying that hybrid specs should do less damage is pretty ridiculous.

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#25 mirandasings

mirandasings
  • Mirandasings
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:20 PM

That sums up everything. Now can all these threads stop appearing?

i'm sorry but, ferals have last stand, shield wall, and a prot warrior form that still does massive amounts of damage, how much more survivability do you need rofl?
Posted Image

#26 Tarukimo

Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:25 PM

i'm sorry but, ferals have last stand, shield wall, and a prot warrior form that still does massive amounts of damage, how much more survivability do you need rofl?

You realize that feral LOST survivability going from wrath to cata, right? We used to take 30% less damage whenever we were stunned in cat form.

Also, nearly all damage comes in the form of magic/armor ignoring attacks, so bear form is next to useless. A 12 second duration shield wall that only works if we are in form and a last stand that only lasts as long as we do not shift at all do not make up for losing a static -30% damage while stunned in cat form.

#27 nijuu

nijuu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:31 PM

^this exactly. :(
They should just give it back to us in form of a magic mitigation

#28 Erch

Erch
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:44 PM

The problem is no one that's good plays feral. I'm sorry there's no neilyo for ferals. You're best players are RESTO and have been resto.

Oh please, don't confuse competitive with good. Nobody that's gone multi-glad wants to try it on feral because they can't stand the handicap.
Posted Image
Feral makes every comp better.

#29 mirandasings

mirandasings
  • Mirandasings
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:45 PM

You realize that feral LOST survivability going from wrath to cata, right? We used to take 30% less damage whenever we were stunned in cat form.

Also, nearly all damage comes in the form of magic/armor ignoring attacks, so bear form is next to useless. A 12 second duration shield wall that only works if we are in form and a last stand that only lasts as long as we do not shift at all do not make up for losing a static -30% damage while stunned in cat form.

your survival talents are much better then most classes lol, and ur asking for more

and yes alot of classes lost their passive damage reduction too. elemental shamans lost their 30% damage reduction in stuns/fears, resto druids lost their -12% damage reduction et.c etc.
Posted Image

#30 Coca

Coca
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

Please just leave this forum, you have no clue about what you're talking - feral is good at the moment, most of the classes still outdps us.

I regularly do close to 2x the damage of the best opposing DPS on my feral (granted, only at ~2.2kish rating). Damage seriously isn't the problem for ferals, saying we're 'on par' with other classes is just plain wrong.
The problem is though that this game revolves around PvE. They can't nerf the damage without killing pve ferals, which they wouldn't do. Mobility doesn't effect pve much at all, so it's easy to tweak (or over nerf/buff) that and not care too much about it.

The 10% nerf on bleeds and nothing else changed (besides root glyph, obviously) would have been fine, or at least a start to weed out the pure fotm rerollers. The whole feral gameplay (and the fun that comes with it) simply revolved around mobility. Mobility was damage, mobility was survivability and mobility was CC (20y cyclone for instance).
Now our damage will probably be even higher vs teams without druids or mages, yet insanely lower vs those 2 classes. Survivability will still be better-than-decent vs melee teams, yet be drastically worse vs spellcleaves. CC will probably be where it should be.
IMO not the turn Blizzard should have taken with the feral class, losing the uniqueness in one patch is just a huge blow, they didn't even try the cd-on-shift variant.

#31 Miirkat

Miirkat
  • Premium Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2406

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:55 PM

I regularly do close to 2x the damage of the best opposing DPS on my feral (granted, only at ~2.2kish rating). Damage seriously isn't the problem for ferals, saying we're 'on par' with other classes is just plain wrong.

You're absolutely right. Against teams that completely ignore me and/or don't know how to keep their back from being exposed, yes I completely rape them and destroy my partner on damage. This is extremely common at lower ratings because to misconception is that Ferals are uncontrollable.

Then you get to higher ratings and all the opposing team does is shit on the Feral. Shapeshifting doesn't so much here, and you literally just eat damage from 100 to 0 even with Survival Instincts up cycled into Barkskin. The Feral can't generate combo points as easily, Predator's Swiftness procs get eaten immediately, and the Feral is out of range to kick anything to prevent CC going on his healer. Ferals become completely useless when being trained.

That, and we absolutely blow up. I've got a ton of fraps of me in 3700 resil, popping SI coming out of stealth, and getting destroyed before SI expires.

Posted Image
miirkat.deviantart.com
^^^^^^ please visit my deviantART page :3
Resto for friends. Feral for life. CAT DURID IS 4 FITE!

#32 Coca

Coca
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:55 PM

your survival talents are much better then most classes lol, and ur asking for more

and yes alot of classes lost their passive damage reduction too. elemental shamans lost their 30% damage reduction in stuns/fears, resto druids lost their -12% damage reduction et.c etc.

Only melee I can think of that has worse survivability might be ret, and I haven't seen a ret in higher rated arena for ages.

Warriors/rogues/dks all have supperior pure survivability. What keeps druids alive is that they are mobile, nothing else. If they can't pillar when they want to or sit out full novas getting icelance spammed they just die.

#33 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:16 PM

You're absolutely right. Against teams that completely ignore me and/or don't know how to keep their back from being exposed, yes I completely rape them and destroy my partner on damage. This is extremely common at lower ratings because to misconception is that Ferals are uncontrollable.

Then you get to higher ratings and all the opposing team does is shit on the Feral. Shapeshifting doesn't so much here, and you literally just eat damage from 100 to 0 even with Survival Instincts up cycled into Barkskin. The Feral can't generate combo points as easily, Predator's Swiftness procs get eaten immediately, and the Feral is out of range to kick anything to prevent CC going on his healer. Ferals become completely useless when being trained.

That, and we absolutely blow up. I've got a ton of fraps of me in 3700 resil, popping SI coming out of stealth, and getting destroyed before SI expires.

If you're getting trained so hard MAYBE just MAYBE, your partners should do something to peel.Just because you get owned by wizard cleaves doesn't mean ferals aren't unbalanced right now. It means Wizard cleaves are.

#34 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:18 PM

Only melee I can think of that has worse survivability might be ret, and I haven't seen a ret in higher rated arena for ages.

Warriors/rogues/dks all have supperior pure survivability. What keeps druids alive is that they are mobile, nothing else. If they can't pillar when they want to or sit out full novas getting icelance spammed they just die.

Hey, I have a solution for you: get dispelled by your healer like everyone else. If the other team covers their roots you can trinket, if everything is down and they cover everything perfectly WELL TOO BAD. Every class has a weakness, deal with it. Mutilate rogues have very poor mobility, it's our weakness, and we play fine.

#35 Erch

Erch
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:57 PM

Hey, I have a solution for you: get dispelled by your healer like everyone else. If the other team covers their roots you can trinket, if everything is down and they cover everything perfectly WELL TOO BAD. Every class has a weakness, deal with it. Mutilate rogues have very poor mobility, it's our weakness, and we play fine.

Unbind your cloak.
Posted Image
Feral makes every comp better.

#36 nijuu

nijuu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:00 PM

Seems like you're not really understand the whole game mechanic how every class work. Just trinket that root and die in the next stun/coil or w/e. Was just playing some 3s today against some shadowcleave and shadow/lock/rshaman - you can't do shit, even with your mobility youre still useless. Interrupting every 10secs that VT or UA and still dying by LoSing that shit, whole team is constantly dropping below 10% and i really need to use my procs to keep my mate alive against that shit.

To the ones who think that feral is outdps everything, just post a screenshot or show me a video of it - I got pretty good gear and sitting at 15% mastery with nearly 36% crit ~. Im getting outdpst by a dk who is only spamming this NS (as far as i remember the absorb isn't listed as damage? So add another 500k damage in it.) Warriors destroying me in a single throwdown - getting those 27k crits followed by some stupid lances or even with 30k healing absorn (i have to say that our setup is a hardcounter to TSG, they cant do shit normally. Just trinketing the first possible CC and giving me that throwdown with colossus smash up, i have to trinket it with barkskin + SI or i wouldn't survive that, even with peels)
I like feral how it is at the moment, its not even overpowered but i would wish that the skillcap would be the same like in WotlK, when it was actually a little trickier to do some damage with 12seconds uptime on Mangle and Savage Roar. Right now this specc isn't even fun to play, only using that 4 buttons - mangle rake rip cyclone.

#37 Miirkat

Miirkat
  • Premium Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2406

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:28 PM

If you're getting trained so hard MAYBE just MAYBE, your partners should do something to peel.Just because you get owned by wizard cleaves doesn't mean ferals aren't unbalanced right now. It means Wizard cleaves are.

Please feel free to make any suggestions on how exactly my team mate can control 3 people while I eat stuns, roots, fears, and horror effects (which I can only trinket one) and my healer is interrupted and controlled to shit.

Even without that kind of scenario where the opposing team blows every cooldown they have, please tell me how a Feral should perform in a situation where opposing damage does more than healing output (which is fine) but there is literally no way for me to give my healer any kind of breathing room because I can't get out of the fight or prevent any damage incoming in my direction.

You say Survival Instincts and Barkskin are good cool downs? Damage reduction is just a slow deter to dying. We still take full damage and we don't have any ability to avoid damage. We sit and tank damage.

We cannot escape battle. We don't have abilities like Intervene or Vanish or Demonic Circle. If you think Shapeshifting is a way to get away from combat against a team that's training you, then it's obvious that you've never played a Feral.

Oh, but lets try and kick the caster from CCing my Paladin. I have no idea why some people think that Skull Bash is 18 yards and that it can be considered an extra charge. It's 13 yards, which is literally a step from melee. On top of that, crawling towards a caster who can just kite you back into deeper territory, away from your own healer, is completely stupid and you're just asking to be killed. Go back towards your healer to stay in range of heals, and you now allow your opponents easier time to CC your healer.

Of course, the other option is to sit by a pillar next to your healer, try to restealth, go in and Pounce, then immediately run away once you get a Rip off...

Ferals are only out the door damage with the utility that follows it. We have no means to extend a match beyond our 2 defensive cooldowns, which is up to 30 seconds of engagement. The only way Ferals get kills is that the team is bad and doesn't ride the Feral, or the Feral's team gets a gib on someone.

Do you seriously think that gibbing is possible at a decent rate at higher ratings of arena?

Really, I'm at a loss at this point, so if you have any good suggestions I'm willing to hear them out. Otherwise I don't want to hear speculation

Posted Image
miirkat.deviantart.com
^^^^^^ please visit my deviantART page :3
Resto for friends. Feral for life. CAT DURID IS 4 FITE!

#38 DiZzyBonne

DiZzyBonne
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:34 PM

No matter how much Ferals LoS to their advantage, once our defensives are down and we get caught in the open, we're fucked, there's not much else to it.

#39 Timoxa

Timoxa

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

No matter how much Ferals LoS to their advantage, once our defensives are down and we get caught in the open, we're fucked, there's not much else to it.

Same with every other war, or rogue, or dk. Or you want to have advantage over any other class, right?
Jeez..

#40 DiZzyBonne

DiZzyBonne
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:43 PM

The difference is, if we get caught in the open even WITH our CDs up, we can still die. If a Rogue gets caught in the open, he can cloak. If a DK gets caught in the open, he can AMS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<