Photo

Solution to Feral Druid QQ

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#1 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:07 PM

By Blizzard's definition, pure DPS classes should do more damage then hybrids. However, hunters suck and I guess locks are okay, and mages idc about. BUT! Rogues need to do more damage and ferals should keep powershift. However, feral damage should not be greater then a rogues. Infact, rogues survivability should be nerfed, but PvP burst increased. I mean after all that's what a rogue does. This will keep ferals happy, and make rogues feel like rogues again. Feral's, bleeds are okay to hit hard, but they shouldn't be doing more burst then rogues(my mage in all pvp gear and best obtainable close to 3k pts a week got hit for 32k without berzerk up.)
-Nerf Druid's burst and keep powershift
-Remove Combat Readiness to give us more burst
The problem is that druids won't feel like druids and rogues don't feel like rogues.

#2 nijuu

nijuu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:23 PM

Sorry but you have no clue about what you're talking there sir.
I'm getting mad when i read threads like this, ffs.
You don't really understand the mechanic, ferals are not doing any burst damage - feral damage is all about sustained damage (bleedings) combined with the ability to shred people. You can't really complain about feral bleedings because your Recuperate is outhealing the bleeding damage.
Next thing, why should a pure DPS class doing more damage in PvP then a hybrid class? I dont see your point. Rogues are completly viable and their damage is fine, not to mention their tools to help out killing people (tricks of the trade, disarm, smokebomb ...)
It's the wrong forum to cry about your damage or our moblity - They already put enough effort in the shapeshifting thing that they're not going to remove that shit.

P.S. im still getting outdpst by any caster or warrior in 3s

#3 Feistyness

Feistyness
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1557
  • 3v3: 1454
  • RBG: 1794

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:27 PM

my mage in all pvp gear and best obtainable close to 3k pts a week got hit for 32k without berzerk up.

not sure if srs...

#4 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:29 PM

1. PURE DPS classes>Hybrids in DPS, it's Blizzard's definition
2. Recuperate does like 1/4 of the bleed damage, and this is for all classes
3. You do have amazing sustained damage but also burst.
Why do u think ret paladins were so OP? They had amazing burst, better then pure DPS classes, and they had survivability and could heal.
It's the PTR anything can change.

#5 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:30 PM

not sure if srs...

It is 100% serious. I didn't believe it either till he told us.

#6 Tarukimo

Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:32 PM

1. PURE DPS classes>Hybrids in DPS, it's Blizzard's definition
2. Recuperate does like 1/4 of the bleed damage, and this is for all classes
3. You do have amazing sustained damage but also burst.
Why do u think ret paladins were so OP? They had amazing burst, better then pure DPS classes, and they had survivability and could heal.
It's the PTR anything can change.

Feral needs a LOT more survivability, and a damage nerf.

#7 nijuu

nijuu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:33 PM

You say Recuperate only regs 1/4 of the damage from our Bleedings? Didn't know that ferals can actually do over 22k Damage every 3 secs only with bleedings on best in slot equipped characters with over 3500 resilience

#8 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:34 PM

was hoping to see something along the lines of "play resto" after clicking on the thread

I was disappointed!

#9 Tarukimo

Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:35 PM

was hoping to see something along the lines of "play resto" after clicking on the thread

I was disappointed!

This basically.

#10 nijuu

nijuu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:36 PM

I was disappointed!

Yep, play resto and everything will be fine - search 2x casters and collect your free glad.

#11 Erch

Erch
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:37 PM

So, you want to reverse all the changes you wanted all through wrath and actually got?
Posted Image
Feral makes every comp better.

#12 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:39 PM

In a perfect world, pure dps classes do the same damage as hybrids. Hybrids are supposed to offer offhealing, while they lose spammable cc and survival in return.
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#13 Supastarpowa

Supastarpowa

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:43 PM

lose spammable cc

moonkins

What you're saying is the trend, but not necessarily the design intent.

#14 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:52 PM

So, you want to reverse all the changes you wanted all through wrath and actually got?

No, there has to be a balance. The problem is they take things too extreme. We don't need incredible survivability. Infact I don't think I ever even worry about my survivability. I just run around a pillar or something.
They should just give you guys combat readiness and give us more burst.

#15 Timoxa

Timoxa

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:46 AM

My rogue in epic pvp gear does 5.5k healing with recuperate up per tick.
My green-blue feral druid dots ticked for 4-6 per dot at lv 83, that allready outdamaged my rogue at lv 85.
What i did, is i run from mob to mob, dotted each and every one of them, and left em at around 85-90% hp and jumped to next one, while previsious ones were dying behind.
I leveled two chars, in cata, rogue and druid, and i must admit that feral druid experience was way better, then rogue one. I had basically more dps, more cc and more survivability as feral. As rogue even with recup up u have to stay on your target till it dies and eat once in a while, while as druid i just powersmash through everything without a single stop.
My own expirience in cata is that playing feral druid after playing fully geared rogue is a breath. And when u realise that u are far better as melee dps then some other pure melee classes, then, maybe, u will realise that its a justyfied nerf to feral spec. Most of u wont agree. Some with say: nerf damage, keep shifting, some will say, fuck off, u dont have a clue.
Well i do have a clue, i played a druid since beta and playing resto druid right now, i leveled him as feral, and i did more damage on leveling with him, then my stupid rogue in epics does.
Those who say: nerf dmg and leave shifting, believe me, u dont want to be another SHS spec aka Noodle hitting man.
Its rly hard to balance all 3 specs to be viable in pvp. Right now u have 2 strong specs out of 3. Some other classes have one, or one and a half.
Dont be greedy, dont be selfish.
Ofc u want to have everything. Mobility, selfrootdispel and crazy dmg, but nah, u just cant have it. Sorry and gl.

ps: sorry for bad english.

#16 Erch

Erch
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:00 AM

So you leveled a druid as feral and you assume the damage scales into arenas and this has any applicable impact at high ratings?

I'm glad we discuss arenas here at arena junkies.
Posted Image
Feral makes every comp better.

#17 Sabottage

Sabottage
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:03 AM

Sorry but you have no clue about what you're talking there sir.

this @ op
23:04 [Tertertetet]: u got brutal gladiator title?
23:05 [Baskarb]: not yet, blizz fucked up, gonna have it soon
23:05 [Tertertetet]: FU U WILL GET SHIT

#18 Timoxa

Timoxa

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:24 AM

So you leveled a druid as feral and you assume the damage scales into arenas and this has any applicable impact at high ratings?

I'm glad we discuss arenas here at arena junkies.

I was playing with and against ferals at high ratings. I do know what i am talking about.

I am glad u dont see the reason for this nerf through the wall of QQ.

Welcome back to the line of melee dps anyway, u dont like it, but deal with it.

#19 mirandasings

mirandasings
  • Mirandasings
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:30 AM

fdruids have 2 defend their first 2400, they're perfectly fine as they are on live, good players know how to deal with us! ^________^
Posted Image

#20 DiZzyBonne

DiZzyBonne
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:05 AM

Yep, play resto and everything will be fine - search 2x casters and collect your free glad.

Pretty much my goal. Well, my main toon has been, and always will be, Feral. However, I'm leveling a new Druid on Tichondrius which will be Resto as soon as I hit 85. Still aiming for glad on both of my Druids!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<