Photo

Blizzard fine with non-viable elemental?

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#21 Reckful

Reckful
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • 2v2: 959
  • 3v3: 2330
  • RBG: 570

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:24 AM

subtlety and combat weren't viable most of wotlk

elemental also ruined wotlk pvp so ehh

#22 Tarukimo

Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:25 AM

Good thing i didn't seen threads like this about moonkins, ferals, spriests etc back in the days

Too many ele in wotlk? :(

I would honestly be fine if they went this direction (and it seems they are) for all classes.

For instance, druids will be forced to play resto in almost all circumstances.

Shaman forced to be resto (i hope resto survives at least).

Pallies forced to play holy, priests...not sure yet.

30 viable specs could never be balanced to everyones liking, I just hope they tell us this is their intention (making each class have 1-2 viable pvp specs only).

#23 phunk

phunk
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:35 AM

I would honestly be fine if they went this direction (and it seems they are) for all classes.

30 viable specs could never be balanced to everyones liking, I just hope they tell us this is their intention (making each class have 1-2 viable pvp specs only).

If the game would be designed that way the game would be boring, at least for me. Every spec should work to some extent, maybe it shouldnt be super mega awsum but it should WORK.

#24 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Enhancement 1/0/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 848

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:08 PM

I do agree with the fact, that there will be no balance at all, till WoW exsists, but as enha ever since s1, i do not agree with your point, i played trough whole vanilia as healer behind warriors and mages ( in bgs ) and i loved to stand out and faceroll anyone in bgs ever since tbc. I just love the fact to be weapon and magic user at the same time, thats perfect for my playstyle, and i do think Blizz did great job with TBC where any class with any spec became viable in some weird setups, for example my highest raiting in s3 was lock priest enha

The reason why i wrote that, is simply that i find it irritating, that ppl cry for nerfs whos was top of an almost entire expansion just before. I tought it became obvius how Blizz does things. If someone rolls for a while, either they get weaker or nerfed to the ground. And ppl perfectly fine with anything but start whining when their own class gets nerfed is just plain retarded, speicially after wotlk, where 6 of 10 shaman was elemental, and the rest 4 was either resto or enha to 3-1/2-2 ratio
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#25 Manhattan

Manhattan
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Survival
  • LocationSwe

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:08 PM

Playing 150 or so games as elemental - hunter - hpala has given me a new perspective to having to outplay your opponents to even stand the slighest chance to score a kill, and in most of the cases you will still be on the lower end of the shaft and lose. (Observe that this is against the flood of players that have yet to find their shocks, hexes, disarms, cyclones, pummels, focus target, counterspells and so on.)

We had the hope that at least the patch would bring cookies for both hunters and elemental shamans and guess our dismay when the patch notes finally began being published and the only thing elementals was getting were bloodlust and dispell nerf, plus the astonishing 10% damage increase on lava burst and 5 more seconds to spirit walk.

Our hope for a viable elemental spec has now ceased and the enhancement gear is being farmed for.

As a final note, yes I must be a machosist playing this.

#26 Mageic

Mageic
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 192

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:02 PM

Sub was fine in s8 in some comps it just wasn't overpowered like wizardcleaves were. Ele in the next patch is going to be like moonkins in wrath, I'm not asking to be overpowered I'm asking to be at least as good as a marks hunter in wrath where you have plenty of weaknesses but if played will do fine. Small simple changes will achieve this.

Cleavers ruined s6, Prot ruined S7, all wizards ruined s8. Ele shaman was hardly the reason wizardcleave was overpowered they just happened to be a wizard that was good at fighting other wizards due to tremor.

#27 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

Ruined WotLK Pvp? That's a little over dramatic, isn't it? actually it's a lot over dramatic but whatever.

Whatever Elemental's state in Wrath is completely and utterly irrelevant. Elemental will be the worse spec in the game next patch.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 Mageic

Mageic
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:41 PM

Also some faggots liked to heal a lot as ele shaman

They just streamed the wrong games.

#29 Styfez

Styfez
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:46 PM

This is basically what I was saying earlier in the thread. If your class has 2 decent specs consider yourself lucky. The healers always need to stay viable like you are saying. And the only way 30 specs could be even close to balanced would be to remove PvE, and that isn't happening anytime soon.

I don't know why you guys think you should be able to off heal well.. If you want to heal people spec resto. I'll agree that mana shouldn't be such a problem for elemental, and ele could also use a spec specific defensive CD. Nothing like Astral shift either, that was real stupid and needed to go. On top of that a little more damage could be in line as well to make up for some of the utility that the class as a whole lost.

#30 Synexus

Synexus

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:48 PM

Ruined WotLK Pvp? That's a little over dramatic, isn't it? actually it's a lot over dramatic but whatever.

Whatever Elemental's state in Wrath is completely and utterly irrelevant. Elemental will be the worse spec in the game next patch.

Pretty sure combat is still worse than ele.

#31 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 1900
  • RBG: 1797

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:50 PM

Do you guys think any other changes will happen to elemental before the patch is released?

As it stands, once the patch goes live, you will never see an elemental shaman over 2k rating as the spec will arguably be the most underpowered in the game.

Im confused as to how blizzard is fine with this, as many other classes who are doing fine in arena (eg. holy paladin) received buffs, and this terrible spec got totally raped by nerfs...

the answer to that might be rated bgs,ele shamans are REALLY good there (like the best dps spec together with moonkin) from what I've seen

I'm not 100% sure thats the case as I've done very few rated bgs, but I dont see a reason why not,it takes ages to end a fight without knocking someone off.

#32 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:54 PM

If you'll notice I said next patch. Next patch Combat has a 9 second kidney shot. Not that it will be particularly good there's no way it's worse than ele....not even now..it still has the tools that other rogues have, just low pressure and no way to bypass armor. Compared to Elemental which isn't actually a functional spec in my opinion(don't even spec the 31-pointer).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 Korialstrasz

Korialstrasz
  • Korial
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fury

They just streamed the wrong games.

They were all the wrong games, every single one of them was horrible.

Warrior survivability is overpowered entirely due to self-healing, though. That can only be changed by nerfing Blood Craze and Second Wind.

#34 Styfez

Styfez
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

9 second kidney! jk do no dmg and get kited :(

#35 Mageic

Mageic
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:09 PM

They were all the wrong games, every single one of them was horrible.

The only ones where I healed a lot was vs HLD every other one I only healed when 100 % necessary, I can't say the same for Talbadar but w/e. The only games that really went long were the HLD games because both teams refused to push in, outside of that wizardcleave games all go long the blizzcon finals were the longest matchs out of any tournament.

#36 Lvb

Lvb
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2400

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

ele will be fine, if you're struggling look at your own playstyle and review your own mistakes, you most likely simply have not adapted properly

#37 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:21 PM

ele will be fine, if you're struggling look at your own playstyle and review your own mistakes, you most likely simply have not adapted properly

the elemental god right here. What rating are you then? If Elemental is fine you should be top 10 right?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 Raythor

Raythor
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

Is there even an elemental top 20 in any battlegroup (3v3) :(

#39 Lvb

Lvb
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2400

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:54 PM

been completely inactive, i'll show you in 2 weeks :)

#40 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:40 PM

been completely inactive, i'll show you in 2 weeks :)

so you've been inactive and haven't even played elemental in arena but you can say it's fine and tell everyone else to l2p? :rolleyes:

Guess we'll see how amazing it is in 2 weeks.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<