Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 21:25. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Do Gladiators PvE?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 GrassHopper

GrassHopper
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darrowmere
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:53 PM

All I have ever done is PvP and I have no clue about how to do instances or where they are located for that matter. If I do attempt them I need a guide that has been there and assembling a group usually takes over and hour and usually falls apart before completion.

I was wondering if any of you Spend much time doing instances?

Do you need to PvE for gear that helps you PvP? Like rings and stuff.

Usually PvE specs are differant from PvP specs so do you respec every day? That would seem pricey.

Any other tips on learning about PvE while remaining a PvP addict?
One day I will snatch the pebble from your hand.

#2 theradol

theradol
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Exodar
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:07 PM

i dont

#3 Alef

Alef
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Vol'jin
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:20 PM

i started recently (wtb vortex)

#4 Forensic

Forensic
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:44 PM

The best advantage comes to those that PvE and PvP. I did for awhile, but can't any longer. To be able to mix and match high damage gear compared to survival gear is very benefiting. For instance in 2v2, it is hardly ever the case that there is split dps going on. Therefore if you are a healer/dps team, one of you can get out of combat real quick and maybe switch into more of a +healing or +crit/damage gear and really take the advantage. Of course if the team is smart and recognizes this they could switch targets, but it is always an advantage to have the option, and not just always settle with pvp gear.

I wish for one I would have stuck around to get a 2-piece T5 set so that my pet gets heals when I get healed. That can be very beneficial for a warlock.

#5 Reishi

Reishi
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:54 PM

I vote no on PvE!

#6 Eve

Eve
  • Members

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:10 PM

Sadly yes. SSC/TK level pve, so nothing major though. I raid pvp spec and they know up front that my arena teams come first so I may have to leave early.

#7 Kcolraw

Kcolraw
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:42 AM

just heroics and pug raids for me

#8 Amenti

Amenti
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 18 August 2007 - 04:04 AM

It's nice to be able to swap gear out until you find the right combo in certain situations. If we play a team a few times and I don't get focused, I'll toss on some more dmg gear to give me a little advantage. Also, there's some pretty nice PvP items you can get through raiding.
Field Marshal, Gladiator x2 Season 1
Shadowgarde of Sargeras

Don't make me flip out and gain more rep than you.

#9 Nt

Nt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bonechewer
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 18 August 2007 - 04:49 AM

Sure pve gives you an advantage, but its clearly not required.

I havent pve'd in a while and neither has my friend skaroot.

PVE is way toooo time consuming.
Female Tauren = win.

#10 blackfoot

blackfoot
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Spinebreaker
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 18 August 2007 - 04:33 PM

dude no way fuck pve. If they removed pve frmo the game I think this game would be alot better, everyone pvping and shit, awesome
It is hard to stay mad when there is so much beauty in the world.
Posted Image

#11 Harmann

Harmann
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Azjol-Nerub
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 18 August 2007 - 05:52 PM

All the Gladiators on my teams spend most nights in Black Temple/Hyjal. I really don't think Paladins can beat that gear with Arena armor and T6 Rogues can shred people wearing 450 Resilience with no problems.

#12 Dinadass

Dinadass
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Icecrown
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:50 PM

<-- Warlock Class Leader for the top IC guild, so yeah. Right now we have Hyjal on farm and are working on the 3rd to last BT boss.

Sadly, my playtime has been non-existant the past few weeks though so I don't have any nice shinies aside from bracers yet. I enjoy both aspects of the game, but if I could only do 1 it would probably be PVE. Some classes benefit alot from having top PVE gear in arenas, I wouldn't really use anything though. Melee players with BT weapons are kinda unfair, but if someone puts in the time to be the top in every aspect of the game, I figure they deserve the perks that come with it.

To whoever said this game would be better if they removed PVE... lol. WoW would go from being a 9 million player game to a 1 million player game, nothx.

#13 Maladroit

Maladroit

Posted 19 August 2007 - 01:35 AM

I don't Pve anymore... tried raiding.. [only did like, gruuls] but..it's not for me.
Sucks though, lots of good trinkets and rings and weapons in BT, yeah?
?

#14 Ayas

Ayas
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gurubashi
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 19 August 2007 - 02:39 AM

I currently would only PvE if I could go get my vortexes, and be done with it. A dragonspine trophy isnt too bad either :D

#15 Iceweaver

Iceweaver
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 19 August 2007 - 04:57 AM

Used to, too much time.
ema

#16 MatsT

MatsT
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:07 AM

You need kind of extreme success in pve to get items that are good enough to be better than honor parts. The time needed to do this is usually also kind of extreme, meaning you miss a lot of possible arena games. The gain from pve items compared to the training you could get from playing arenas in the same time is not that great, so i think most would be better off improving their arena skills instead of pveing.

This beign said, I'm guildmaster/maintank of a 5/5 hyjal 5/9 bt guild because i enjoy pve in itself. My arena playing gets hurt severely, i rarely have enough time for more than 10 5on5 games per week, and sometimes throw in a few 3on3/2on2 games for fun.

#17 Bellis

Bellis
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Magtheridon
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:30 AM

Hardcore PvE and Hardcore PvP all the way

Illidan down :D

#18 Arashikage

Arashikage

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:03 AM

I`m free! Finaly I`m free from [email protected]#$5ing pve slavery!
those, who hunt elves.

#19 Levidian

Levidian
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:51 PM

7 Tier 6 bosses down and counting excelling at both aspects of the game defiantly gives you an advantage.

What trinket is better with the insignia then a dragonspine (have) or Tsunami talisman ( have )

Won a 5v5 the other day flopping into my full PVE gear set when I wasn't getting focused and started laying pain, and since it looks the same as merc ( minus a different shading(lighter) its hard to recognize on the fly.)

I can cap at 427 resiliance with no res gems, but I like to mix in a few PVE items from time to time depending on the teams we are facing for example one night there were like 4 different 2x war teams that tried to meat grinder me every game ( gg 427 res ) or other nights we fight teams that warrior focus, More PVE gear on etc etc.
Top 1000 user club: #562
Armchair Blogger - 04/20/2010
http://wowriot.gamer...Reality-Collide

#20 SilentKnight

SilentKnight
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:28 PM

Nope :)