#21 allana

allana
  • Premium Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 0/0/2/1/1/2

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:56 PM

Paladin shadowcleave seems like the best variant after the patch.

Why? And don't say "Because Zilea said so."

I am looking at playing shadowcleave or PHD myself, because I do think they'll be pretty okay, mainly due to the warlock and dk not being so squishy while I eat away at CC.
“As you think, you shall become.” -Pook

#22 Raia

Raia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Retribution
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

Well my dk stacks resilience as most teams focus him, but I feel as a result of shadowcleave's pressure that my inability to CC isn't an issue.

Paladin healing output, mana efficiency, and decent (although dispelable) cooldowns often win games. Not to mention using Aura Mastery offensively to secure fears and keep pressure rolling against melee cleaves. Although it probably helps playing with one of the best peeling DKs I've played with or against in arena.

I don't know, maybe it's just Whirlwind ;)

#23 Polizei

Polizei
  • Premium Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:21 PM

Well my dk stacks resilience as most teams focus him, but I feel as a result of shadowcleave's pressure that my inability to CC isn't an issue.

Paladin healing output, mana efficiency, and decent (although dispelable) cooldowns often win games. Not to mention using Aura Mastery offensively to secure fears and keep pressure rolling against melee cleaves. Although it probably helps playing with one of the best peeling DKs I've played with or against in arena.

I don't know, maybe it's just Whirlwind ;)

Your rating isnt breath-taking, sure you are easily in the top50, but count the other healers and realize how little of them are paladins and when they are paladins, they are probably playing some meleecleave. I dont like the fact that we seem to be stuck playing meleecleaves.
<poliisi mies kerho>

#24 Bromophobic

Bromophobic
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:29 PM

yup. There's a reason my resto druid who just got the 100 arena games won achievement has more success in 3v3 than my paladin I've played 100% since season 1 day 1 :D

I must have misread this.. are you saying your BRAND NEW DRUID is something you do better then with then your Holy Paladin? Pretty sure thats a "you" thing. Keep in mind OP / Zilea are talking about the FUTURE not right NOW.
http://a.imageshack....skillcapped.png
Sig violates size guidelines. - Moderators

#25 Raia

Raia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:50 PM

Your rating isnt breath-taking, sure you are easily in the top50, but count the other healers and realize how little of them are paladins and when they are paladins, they are probably playing some meleecleave. I dont like the fact that we seem to be stuck playing meleecleaves.

Agree some what, but I don't think paladins are in that bad of a spot. Other than vulnerability to CC, what makes paladins worse than other healers that isn't replaced by another strength? I don't feel stuck to meleecleave either.

#26 Belligerent

Belligerent
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:54 PM

It seems like the only GOOD paladin comp is Pal/Mage/Spriest. People say paladins are soooo OP, but wheres the representation? The next best thing is like TSG. Pal/Mage/War or Pal/Lock/War just can't do anything vs. Lock/Shaman teams. Yes, Paladins worked GREAT for the first couple weeks before people had the resil to survive more than 1 min, but now... they're just falling behind.

#27 Asdfman

Asdfman
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 2/0/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2280
  • RBG: 1713
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:32 PM

I feel OP as fuck.

Also, just go shadowcleave if you're having any issues with this season, shit is going to be ridiculous next patch.

#28 Raia

Raia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

I feel OP as fuck.

Also, just go shadowcleave if you're having any issues with this season, shit is going to be ridiculous next patch.

^^^

#29 allana

allana
  • Premium Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 0/0/2/1/1/2

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:43 PM

I must have misread this.. are you saying your BRAND NEW DRUID is something you do better then with then your Holy Paladin? Pretty sure thats a "you" thing. Keep in mind OP / Zilea are talking about the FUTURE not right NOW.

dunno, find it easier to heal & help my team mates on my druid than on my paladin. Naturally it's a me-thing, but I should've picked up something at least by playing 5000 games of arena. You know? =P
“As you think, you shall become.” -Pook

#30 Polizei

Polizei
  • Premium Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

It seems like the only GOOD paladin comp is Pal/Mage/Spriest. People say paladins are soooo OP, but wheres the representation? The next best thing is like TSG. Pal/Mage/War or Pal/Lock/War just can't do anything vs. Lock/Shaman teams. Yes, Paladins worked GREAT for the first couple weeks before people had the resil to survive more than 1 min, but now... they're just falling behind.

Too bad mage spriest is atleast twice better with a resto druid.. Well what can you do, better to ride the carry-train from these two nice fellows before its nerfed.

Shadowcleave with paladin feels to have slightly the same issue as mage+spriest, its probably better with resto druid instead. Only difference between shadowcleavedruid and shadowcleavepaladin is probably that meleecleaves wont zerg your paladin in first 30seconds, they will just wait till you pop bubble.
<poliisi mies kerho>

#31 isabis

isabis
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Holy 0/././2/2/./.

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:56 PM

Blizzard did some horrible changes in Cataclysm and paladins were hit by them.
What I mean by horrible changes is:
they changed some classes by giving them more tools in a category in which they already had more then enough tools. Best example is a mage - class with most control in the game gets even more spells in that category, and to make it even worse, one of them is a MASS CC, seriously blizzard?

And then we come to paladins who already had poor defensive mechanisms when it comes to being controlled. To compensate for that loss paladins had reduced duration on fear and curse and divine sacrifice before.
Then cataclysm hits, and if removal of fear and curse resistance wasn't a big hit by itself alone, they also decide to remove divine sac.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not being biased here, I know all classes had some of their abilities removed, but these 2 talents were the core of paladins defense against CCs.
There is a big difference when some of your talents which didn't play a most important roll in specified category get removed and when you get your main utilities in a specified category removed.

Holy paladins defense against being controlled is without a question worst in the game right now with nobody being even close to them you can't deny that. Once you use hand of sacrifice which gets dispelled within 2-3 seconds against team who has a functioning brain you can say good bye to your ability to do anything against being controlled into oblivion. Bubble is there to sometimes to compensate but it's a 5min CD and it's something you use once in a match and you are sitting duck for the rest of the match.

#32 Involute

Involute
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:38 AM

Not even sure melee cleaves will be viable. Fury warr will not go live in this state and even if they do every good team will just dispel enrage or control them to no end. Enh without bl and purge nerf will be meh. Ferals and arms heavily nerfed...

#33 Ameriss

Ameriss
  • Junkies

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:52 AM

Summing this thread up: Oh you're actually serious let me laugh even harder
Spoiler

#34 Belligerent

Belligerent
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:04 AM

Summing this thread up: Oh you're actually serious let me laugh even harder

Spriest Mage Pal.

#35 Athlete

Athlete
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Stormrage
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/1/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1827
  • 3v3: 2334
  • RBG: 1894

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:08 AM

I feel paladins are fine, granted you need to have slightly higher positional awareness with the loss of divine sac. You can coordinate positioning with your team and if you do it well you can easily outlast a bloodlust without having to use any cds yourself, making the late game much easier for your team.

Also rebuke will have its place in 3s, it's going to be a great tool to harass other healers with. Regardless if you actually land it or not they'll be paranoid just standing within 10 yards of you if you can manage to get near them without eating a world of cc
Posted Image

#36 Ameriss

Ameriss
  • Junkies

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:40 AM

Spriest Mage Pal.

i have like 15 games played
stay small
ps it was wmp
pps i agree with athlete
Spoiler

#37 nevercasts

nevercasts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:47 AM

Any paladin thats playing with another defenisve dispell on their team should not even comment on this.

Imo
Paladins right now are still very good. It's true that at higher/highest ratings they become inferior druids/shamans (as of right now) but for bottom to mid glad they are very good.
Against noobs they would seem incredibly OP.

The only thing I'd really like to see this class get is SotM/SoB back, or make elightened judgement have a small backlash dmg component to it. (I don't see why anyone would be against this)

I also don't understand why divine protection isnt undispellable now that both PS and barkskin will be.

-My wish would be that they would make GotAK an increased healing by X% for Y amount of time.(Cuz it's OP right now)
-Give us a backlash ability

-Shift some our upfront heals to hots or absorbs. ie. Holy shock now places a Hot that heals for 50-75% of the amount healed for 12sec (ticks every 3secs) or Holy shock now places an absorb shield on the target for the same amount that is healed.
^if those were implemented then ofc the amount healed by divine light would be toned down.

#38 Belligerent

Belligerent
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:51 AM

i have like 15 games played
stay small
ps it was wmp
pps i agree with athlete

I'm huge. Thanks.

#39 Guest_Alphatier_*

Guest_Alphatier_*

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:55 AM

Holy Paladins are OP in Rated BGs

#40 Zephron

Zephron
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 1731

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:19 AM

inb4 shamans thinking their class is worse than paladins

ha shamans will still be up there, They aint outa anything.
:hunter: skill level brah>all classes

Hunters are like PoM Pyro mages --- except for them PoM is on a 10 second cooldown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<