Photo

Concerns for Holy Paladins

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#241 nevercasts

nevercasts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:33 PM

Well, the upside to all of this is that when the game is that much harder to play due to rise of RMP's and wizardcleaves still being dominant, it forces us to become better at dodging CC or simply die out. I'd rather not fail completely so I'm trying haaard to get better at this. Kinda disheartening to pop out behind a pillar, get insta deep frozen, shadowstepped and blinked to and then trained to hell, though.

At any rate, we need ways to heal our team mates (or prevent damage) while we're being crowd controlled.

The thing is, even if we are dogding CC like a boss, we still heal for less then other healers (outside maybe druids and us popping CDs) if they were to do the same thing. Thats stupid and broken.
+rep if this helped

#242 nevercasts

nevercasts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:40 PM

WoG should be a hot makes no sence why all a paladin has is direct healing

Or they could do what I suggested like a month ago. Give us more heals related to our holy power i.e. a hot that uses holy power and a shield that uses holy power. So we can make the choice on what kind of heal we want to use our holy power on.

"We think that shaman healing per second is not as competitive with other healers and while we hoped to bring down Holy priest and Holy paladins (in particular) in 4.0.6, which we did, shaman still appear to be behind. In this case, it is simply easier to buff Restoration shaman rather than nerf everyone else or rebalance the encounters."
lul.

So fucking stupid. Maybe the should nerf holy radiance so it doesn't effect the entire raid and increase shamans AE heals.

Whatever, class is shit back to tbc
+rep if this helped

#243 Holybot

Holybot
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:31 PM

Already being said about a million times, but just for the sake of it, there is no point playing a paladin anymore in contrast to other healers, nice shit game

Agreed, sadly. Starting to play my resto druid, since in all the comps I run, having a druid would be better. It's depressing /:

#244 Kuroqt

Kuroqt
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

Infact, I wouldn't be surprised if they nerfed us even further, might aswell just get it over with >_>
Wrathful Gladiator Tarnya, what a bloke http://i51.tinypic.com/i39vrt.jpg

#245 Holypalaswe

Holypalaswe
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1604

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:38 PM

Anyone who played paladin because they were good and are now rerolling other classes can gtfo from pala forums please. :I
Play pala because you like the playstyle, not because it's better yo.

Healing with hots? no thanks.
Totems? no thanks.
Shields n..., ok priests are kind of similiar, but no thanks.

pal(a)s 4 life

Edited by Holypalaswe, 17 February 2011 - 03:38 PM.

#246 Kuroqt

Kuroqt
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:56 PM

Anyone who played paladin because they were good and are now rerolling other classes can gtfo from pala forums please. :I

Totems? no thanks.

pal(a)s 4 life

"ok"?
Wrathful Gladiator Tarnya, what a bloke http://i51.tinypic.com/i39vrt.jpg

#247 Dejàvù

Dejàvù
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Hakkar
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationItaly - Lodi

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:26 PM

Totems? no thanks.

pal(a)s 4 life

i agree with you for some thing: i like paladin playstyle and i dont think that giving us hot or shield is the best way to balance this class because i dont want wannabe a priest with bad shields or a druid with bad hots.
paladin special ability should be important CD like auramastery, divne shield, hand of freedom, sacrifice and protection...ecc..
these spells are only in our arsenal and other healer shouldn't have these spells. (hunter with freedom, priest with auramastery...)

BUT in fact we are sitting too much in cc and we are too much susceptible to silence and counterspell.
other healer arent, so there is no balance at the moment.

last thing is that almost every comp at the moment could be better changing a paladin for another healer (priest and druid mainly).
this isn't fair, i want as paladin to be the best healer for some comp and worst for some other comp.
i want to give some unique and important ability to my setup such hand of freedom, so they will choose a paladin instead of a druid.

my opinion.

i
Time is what you make of it

#248 nevercasts

nevercasts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:35 PM

Hey if your US support my thread maybe we can get some blizzard awareness on some of the problems holy is having.

http://us.battle.net...202189?page=1#5
+rep if this helped

#249 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:14 PM

Totems? no thanks.

pal(a)s 4 life

that's funny, because you never played a paladin in bc. aka you made one when they "were good".
Posted Image

#250 Holypalaswe

Holypalaswe
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • 2v2: 1604

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:37 PM

that's funny, because you never played a paladin in bc. aka you made one when they "were good".

I didn't? :rolleyes:

Edited by Holypalaswe, 17 February 2011 - 11:37 PM.

#251 Sentan

Sentan
  • Junkies

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:34 PM

Yes we are somewhat weaker then other healers atm, not a reason to reroll a fotm class?

#252 Leonardo

Leonardo
  • Junkies
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:37 PM

Yes we are somewhat weaker then other healers atm, not a reason to reroll a fotm class?

It annoys me when I know I could be doing so much more for my teammates if I was another healing class. I left my previous team because I knew they would enjoy so much more with another healer, and they have. Sucks to be pigeonholed into playing certain comps.

Edited by Leonardo, 18 February 2011 - 04:39 PM.

Posted Image

#253 Sentan

Sentan
  • Junkies

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:31 PM

True, bring a pally to the team for what? Freedom, HoP, and a stun on 1 min cd. 4 sec interrupt on cast, melee range lol. Atleast we used to bring defensive magic dispell to the table aswell but now when every healer can do that, dont really see a good reason to use an paladin nowdays, maybe blizzard will realize this and do something about it soon. I hope.

#254 Hexagram

Hexagram
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Doomhammer
  • Nightfall

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:20 PM

Honestly complaining here does nothing at all.

http://us.battle.net...89112057?page=1

Post constructively and reply to the random retards claiming, "LOL PALADIN NEVER WENT OOM VS MY 940 RATED TEAM. NERF PLEASE."

This is the only way to get shit changed in this game so please take advantage of it.

#255 Tarukimo

Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

Holy paladins are far too good in rbgs, and easily the weakest healer in arena. : / Sad patch for holy :(

#256 Subby

Subby
  • Junkies

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:04 PM

Holy paladins are far too good in rbgs, and easily the weakest healer in arena. : / Sad patch for holy :(

agree with this, i do really well in bgs on my pally but since patch and other healer buffs, the only healer im not worried to queue into in arenas are shamans or other pallys

#257 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:37 AM

that's because straight up burst healing power is actually valuable when you have 3 other people to dispel cc off you!
Posted Image

#258 Sentan

Sentan
  • Junkies

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:22 PM

Ye, what to say, I think that blizzard are aware of this, holding my thumbs that they will do something about it THIS season. Untill then we just gotta make the best out of it :P

#259 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:11 AM

10-15 yards on rebuke please

#260 Hexagram

Hexagram
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Doomhammer
  • Nightfall

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:42 AM

If you want buffs then bump that thread.

http://us.battle.net...89112057?page=4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<