#21 Epeenerer

Epeenerer
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Andorhal
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:31 PM

You need to try to focus windshear more - first game you coulda been shocking a lot of the paladin's heals/mages casts.
I'd use an addon to make your focus' cast bar bigger and more noticeable so you can control the other team's casts better.

edit: after watching the second game - same thing, you can stop all of those cyclones that you ate throughout the game just by shearing the druid - especially against that team where the druid is the only one casting on you using Shear,grounding, and LoS when neither is up you should be able to avoid every single cyclone.

Overall good job though - I thought you did a pretty good job juking the enhancement shaman that whole game, juking enhance is the most annoying thing to do. if (like that game) you can obviously tell he has you focused and is just shocking every heal when shear is off cooldown then you should definitly just juke once every time you see its up - but if he doesn't seem to be really shocking you that much it's almost more benefitial just to cast through sometimes, since if he does happen to get you the lockout is really short.
keep it up and good luck :)
Posted Image
http://www.youtube.c...TgYVVI&ob=av2el
http://www.arenajunk...ad.php?t=200410

Spoiler

#22 cwantom

cwantom
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:38 PM

Awesome, fun to watch wowmovies from all classes when the game is "new"
Posted Image

#23 Tist

Tist
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:14 PM

new clips, getting used to party binds

loss vs ~2600 spriest/mage/hpal

wins vs dk/mage/pal and war/mage/pal

should be up later tonight hopefully

#24 Fajita

Fajita
  • Junkies

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:05 AM

Hello my fellow Shaman friends!

Since I have been recording arena games recently, and it seems like there has been some interest in videos being uploaded from the perspective of a restoration shaman, I figured I would also follow the bandwagon and make a thread where I can post random videos.

I have been a constant lurker of the AJ forums for many years now, however have been relatively quiet with my posts. I figure this would be a good way to get some constructive criticism on my play style, and share clips for those shamans who enjoy watching other resto shamans!

A little background on me: I have been doing arenas since the start of Season 4. Here are my accomplishments since then:

Season 4: Warrior - Gladiator 2v2 (Warrior/Druid)
Season 5: Paladin - Gladiator 2v2 (Warlock/Paladin), 3v3 (Shadowcleave) top 10 in US-Ruin
Season 6: Paladin - Gladiator 2v2 (Warlock/Paladin)
Season 7: Shaman - Gladiator 3v3 (priest warlock shaman spell cleave), 5v5 (2346 with a hunter ranked 3rd in the battlegroup).
Season 8: Shaman - Gladiator in 3v3, 5v5 (lost rank 1 on the last night of the season, so it really does not matter!)

This season, I have been playing Hunter/Lock/Shaman with Wrathful Gladiator Bandx and Super Gladiator Js, which is very fun to play (since everyone thinks that hunters suck right now) at ~2650+ MMR. I am mainly interested in sharing those 3s games, however for now I uploaded a quick 2v2 match to test out my rendering settings etc... Here it is (Sorry if this game is boring, this is just a youtube render test, and as you will see there is no exceptional play from me in it). The audio syncing messed up after uploading, and the audio cuts in and out also (probably something with the audio codecs I used). I shall try to figure out what went wrong!

Thanks for watching, and looking for feedback!

Videos:

(1/21) [2v2] Warlock/Shaman vs. Feral Druid/Mage

#25 cameronlol

cameronlol
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:17 AM

looks like someone knows how to shaman :)

i guess you could have dropped earthbind, thats probably the only thing i would do differently.
Posted Image

#26 Xunae

Xunae
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1636
  • 3v3: 3100
  • RBG: 1822

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:21 AM

Great quality, keep em coming! :)

xunamate.com

#27 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:33 AM

Merged them together and everything, hope people don't mind :heart:

Just thought this would make it easier for everyone! I'm looking forward to more people doing this.

#28 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:13 PM

Awesome thread!

/salute
Armytoe
Posted Image

#29 Tist

Tist
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:25 PM

np, thanks Blowi

I likely won't have my new clips up for a bit since I am going out of town for the weekend, but hopefully next week I'll have more to show anyways.

#30 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:50 PM

No problem, I won't be much around either.

Birthday today, so I'm going out in a couple of hours. Just sitting and playing with my new Iphone 4 atm!

Though after this weekend, I'll probably begin to have some clips as well!

Good weekend everyone!

#31 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

I guess I will post this here instead of making a new thread. Basically wanted to mess around with editing, compressing, rendering and uploading and get some constructive feedback on my play

RPS - Bloodlust ~2100-2200 mmr

I included a loss against lock/spriest/shaman because we were having a lot of trouble with wizard cleave, but our rogue has switched to sub permanantely and it's working much better against higher rated teams. We're able to actually train mages and warlocks. And i'm pretty sure my positioning in that game was awful, I wanted the pillars/ramp for LOS but running in to melee range of two aoe fear classes was a poor decision, should have stayed max range on the ramp.

Couple of things that I know:

I need to interrupt more against druids, sometimes getting positioning that I like(where I can interrupt them and not be in LOS of CC's) can be difficult, but I think I can do better.

Also need to shock way more, I only just started playing with Focused Insight so it's going to take me a bit to start using it, currently finding a global to use it is pretty hard with pressure usually put on my spriest.

Heroism'd into cyclone v's wld, pretty much the only time i've done that, i swear.

I have a question about purging against resto druids, I'm really unsure on whether I should bother, I read that resto druids hate it but in my experience it's been more beneficial to the druid in that he can just spam lifebloom against my purge, which will come off better in mana.

Anyway...any comments are welcome, Cheers.

edit: oh and I have a really terrible habit of renewing tremor against teams without fear, sometimes spamming it...but i'd rather have it up against fear teams when I need it :P :o

edit2: I also had the same problem as tstette in that you can't hear me on skype, but I do communicate a lot.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:03 PM

Alright, I've put up two of my clips where I play horrible :( MLS & Shadowcleave

I know most of the mistakes I'm doing, but linking perfect videos won't get anyone anywhere :D

Be gentle (:

#33 Drye

Drye
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2176

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:04 PM

Dieses Video enthält Content von MBO Group. Es ist nicht verfügbar.
Das tut uns leid.

sorry blowi, cant watch it :(

I have a question about purging against resto druids, I'm really unsure on whether I should bother, I read that resto druids hate it but in my experience it's been more beneficial to the druid in that he can just spam lifebloom against my purge, which will come off better in mana.

purging is situational. playing my druid, in certain situations, im very happy about a purging shaman, because my blooms crit for very high amounts.
i only purge, if the manasituation is ok, or if the druid is cc'd so he cant apply new lifeblooms.
Posted Image

#34 Xunae

Xunae
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:07 PM

Tämä video sisältää kumppanin Sony Music Entertainment ja MBO Group sisältöä, ja sen näyttäminen on estetty tekijänoikeusseikkojen vuoksi.

Posted Image

xunamate.com

#35 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:08 PM

Do I have to upload again without music, or can I simply turn it off somewhere :(?

Hmm, I'm swapping the music now with some random song Youtube found, let's hope that changes things.

Don't mind the music then, if it's horrible :D

EDIT: Still swapping? Slow shit.

#36 Drye

Drye
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2176

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:15 PM

Do I have to upload again without music, or can I simply turn it off somewhere :(?

Hmm, I'm swapping the music now with some random song Youtube found, let's hope that changes things.

Don't mind the music then, if it's horrible :D

yeah try the audioswap thing, should work perfectly fine, music sucks then but w/e your cute shaman makes up for that :heart:
Posted Image

#37 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:03 PM

Can watch this horrible quality until the other two clips get approved/swapped. These are my old clips I used to test different settings and yea, don't hate too much either there ;)

GG, silence..

#38 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

Clip should work now ;)

#39 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:22 PM

Watching shamans play shadowcleave and wizard cleave makes me jealous. :(

Your lock barely seems to get pressured in scleave and the feral druid and lock are dying at the same time, same in wizard cleave, mage just escapes all the damage.

I have to babysit my spriest with heals like 24/7 and he can't do anything while being trained.

Thanks for the clips though, some good games...what is the mod that shows CC's on your team mates to the left of their unit frames? And the mod that shows big debuffs/buffs above enemy nameplates?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 Xunae

Xunae
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

what is the mod that shows CC's on your team mates to the left of their unit frames? And the mod that shows big debuffs/buffs above enemy nameplates?

LoseControl

I want to know the nameplate buff/debuff thingy too :P

xunamate.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<