#1 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:01 PM

Greetings fellow shamans. As I've noticed there has been an increased interest with sharing your journey inside the arenas! I'm glad people are doing this, and therefore I've created this sticky to gather clips & pvp movies into a single thread. People will have an easier time to collect different movies/clips, rather than looking through pages of pages as time goes by.

I will not tolerate any bashing on people, if you don't have anything contributive to say, don't post. I won't be gentle with infraction to those who undermine others.

The videos are listed below the author, and if possible please try to keep it in the same format.
The color represents the spec which the movies displays
Restoration
Elemental
Enhancement

Blowi:
Clips:
[2v2]
[3v3]

Videos:

Mugems:
Clips:
[2v2]
[3v3]

Videos:

Tstette:
Clips:
[2v2]
[3v3]

Videos:

Zinglah:
Clips:
[2v2]
[3v3]

Videos:

Conceited:
Clips:
[2v2]
[3v3]

Videos:

Pahtak:
Clips:
[2v2]
[3v3]

Videos:

#2 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:04 PM

Interesting, I'll watch!

Thanks for putting as well mate, it's the right spirit!

#3 Tist

Tist
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:20 PM

I have more games frapsed as well, just have to throw a soundtrack on and render.

Got a long close match we lost vs a ~2450 feral/mage/rshaman on Blades edge, and a lower feral/war/rshaman and mage/war/hpal that we more or less steamroll.

I'll probably keep frapsing our matches, so if there's anything anyone is interested in seeing my stellar RLS take on, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

#4 Hertzog

Hertzog
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1712
  • 3v3: 1896
  • RBG: 1591

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:39 PM

Gameplay//

the bad stuff first:

- u communicate to little, asking for peels / calling stuff (what u purge/dispel or what u can or cannot dispel)

- u click too much.. things will be so much easier for you if you make targeting macros or even dispelmacros for yourself and your teammates. I use mwheel up for my rogue, mwheel down for my lock and m4 for me. You can find out what you like the best - it will take some time to get used to tho but I cant emphasize how much better it will be for you

- use enemy bars (the bar over enemy players) - it gives u way better control for your positioning and and where you have your enemies at all times

- positioning, this is something you GOT to work with, ur standing too much out in the middle eating shears and putting yourself in a bad spot for quick switches / and easy cc.

- juking, ur not doing that bad but you can become better, I personally count windshear for example in my head, like 6,5,4,3 k grounding, k heal, k shear grounded or just juke every 6 seconds. my lock calls out when he is windsheared also so we have control on that.

- ur focus shocks can also improve, try using an addon like ecastingbar or whatever to get a clean focus cast bar close to the middle of your screen, if that makes it easier for you.

- assisting your lock with tremor, this is something i didnt see u do at all and something you should be doing. call it out to your lock so he can fear and u destroy the tremor. communication is king

- some mouseclicking, even a totem shouldnt be mouseclicked, bad bad! bind everything mate

the good stuff:

- you guys have something going here, seems like you have good team chemistry, you communicate well, your rogue does it very well (thumbs up to him, very strong communication.)

- frapsing games, watching them over and even pasting them on aj is prob the wisest thing you could do if you want to improve your play. this takes time and guts, alot of ppl dont wanna learn this way as they see too many of their own failures, two thumbs up for that:) very good

- you play well enough I think, its atleast not bad, the bad stuff list gathers what I thought was bad, a different shaman might think different and give other tips. but overall you didnt play bad at all. i could have watched more games without bleeding from my eyes.

THE MOVIE//

very good quality, good music, was overall a good watch, as u said urself combat text needs to go, other than that remove the whole "wow arena gladius" thing, two of thoose isent very delightfull to watch (imo). make your raid frame show class colors maybe and abit bigger. other than that very good moviequality over time.

Im sure if the 3 of u stay together and play (I hope you do), you will get ALOT higher than this bracket. Keep playing, pump games, discuss, fraps, ask for tips.

Good luck mate, you have great potential!

/Zoog

#5 Tist

Tist
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

Thanks! I actually do talk a lot on skype, like I mentioned though fraps wasn't picking up me talking which I'm working on - this is why the skype might sound weird lol - it's missing me saying things like "HEXING NVM SHEARED I AM AWESOME" or "IM GOING TO DIE NEED PEELS NOW"

noted on the other stuff - Im actually MUCH better on jukes (as in I'll get caught once every 3-4 games), I was just playing real bad vs that enh team I think. But that's part of why I wanted to post it haha. I'm aware of clicking party frames etc, I'm gonna figure out the best way to bind that in the upcoming weeks prolly.

#6 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

I actually thought your jukes were quite good against the enhance cleave, and I kinda wish I had a lock to play with...they are so good for peels, puts spriest to shame. =\

Overall some good clips, I think I might fraps a bit to improve my play too, although I can't stand the FPS drop.

I just had some questions about your spec though. Soothing Rains and Glyph of Healing Wave...what's up with those?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

Hmm. I agree with position, juking, shocking and less clicking should be improved.

I myself have made macros for cleansing my 2 party members, earth shielding, and GHW them.

This makes it a lot easier when getting used to, also obviously macros for enemies and allies with targeting.

I won't really write more until I see clips where you say you play better etc, since it's sort of pointless to point out obvious things if it's not your average gameplay.

Keep it up though, I always enjoy to watch other shamans :heart:

#8 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:59 PM

I actually thought your jukes were quite good against the enhance cleave, and I kinda wish I had a lock to play with...they are so good for peels, puts spriest to shame. =\

Overall some good clips, I think I might fraps a bit to improve my play too, although I can't stand the FPS drop.

I just had some questions about your spec though. Soothing Rains and Glyph of Healing Wave...what's up with those?

I realize I'm playing on a MBP 10' however this solved some of the issues with recording wow through the Mac Recorder.

Cap your FPS to 30 or 40 in-game, and then record at the same FPS. Did a lot for me, without all the dropping.

#9 lesmock

lesmock
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

<3 Shaman community. So much better than the rest of the classes :)

#10 lesmock

lesmock
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:23 PM

Really focus on avoiding the druids cyclones. You were kind of asking for them in the last game. Grounding and WS+positioning will make it impossible for them to get a cyclone off :)

#11 Tist

Tist
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

ya, I had really bad positioning that second game and ate a lot more interrupts and clones than i should have

i'm also forgetful of grounding tbh

#12 Schmeiser

Schmeiser
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:37 PM

Too much shear juking, you waste 2-3 seconds of juking shears when he clearly isnt shearing you, you couldve just ate the shear in that time. I personally juke everything but shears, if the shaman is any good he will make you waste more time juking the just eating the interrupt

#13 lesmock

lesmock
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:37 PM

When I really need to top off a target and have no time to juke I put up a Grounding totem to cover my heal for interrupts. It usually gives you a guaranteed heal if it isn't too much spells going around..

#14 cfeds114

cfeds114
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Twisting Nether
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:58 PM

totally strange to actually watch what you do tist...but the shaman community seems fucking amazingly nice. Thanks for the input guys.

#15 Hertzog

Hertzog
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1712
  • 3v3: 1896
  • RBG: 1591

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:14 PM

Thanks! I actually do talk a lot on skype, like I mentioned though fraps wasn't picking up me talking which I'm working on - this is why the skype might sound weird lol - it's missing me saying things like "HEXING NVM SHEARED I AM AWESOME" or "IM GOING TO DIE NEED PEELS NOW"

noted on the other stuff - Im actually MUCH better on jukes (as in I'll get caught once every 3-4 games), I was just playing real bad vs that enh team I think. But that's part of why I wanted to post it haha. I'm aware of clicking party frames etc, I'm gonna figure out the best way to bind that in the upcoming weeks prolly.

Haha sry didnt read that:) Well big plus for communication then, was great to listen to you guys. Some tweaks that I listed and you guys are ready to bracket it up, Im 100% sure of this. Great potential, release a full movie when u can, gonna kick ass! Just take some better games I guess, and yes, U HAVE TO BIND PARTYTARGETING, I cant even start to explain how much better it is, good luck mate and good job on the movie.

#16 Stretchmarks

Stretchmarks

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:22 PM

:)

#17 Tist

Tist
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:51 PM

I probably won't release an actual movie with editing etc until we hit a more respectable rating, but I'm gonna keep throwing clips up here and there I think.

We also played demo RLS for a bit which was pretty hilarious, I might fraps some of that for fun at some point.

I've played better for sure, so I should have some better stuff for you guys at some point.

also regarding spec/glyphs, i don't really know why i have glyph of healing wave - i think it was just leftover from my alt leveling resto spec lol. I guess i'll swap it for frost shock or something.

Soothing rains I tried out one day and really liked, it's like 1200-1300 ticks every 2 seconds on your healing stream totem, which is quite nice imo.

#18 virtua

virtua
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 1986

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:55 PM

bind that party frame son

#19 Moonies

Moonies
  • Moderators
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 1/0/0/0/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 957
  • 3v3: 2074
  • RBG: 192

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:01 AM

you really dont shock enough to get focus insight procs. especially during the 2nd half of the first game you had a lot of opportunies to shock

dont use heroism when someone of your team is cycloned ;P

rest has been mentioned already really. overall pretty solid play i guess

#20 Tist

Tist
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:24 PM

you really dont shock enough to get focus insight procs. especially during the 2nd half of the first game you had a lot of opportunies to shock

dont use heroism when someone of your team is cycloned ;P

rest has been mentioned already really. overall pretty solid play i guess

hahaha i was wondering when someone was going to catch that sweet hero into clone...i just noticed myself yesterday after like a 5th viewing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<