Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:01 AM

yeah mages definitely need a 40k absorb shield right now

Triple would be like 27-30k. Not that I'm saying we should have triple.

#43 Alkazard

Alkazard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 2229

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:16 AM

I don't know why people compare things to do Wrath as if Wrath was some sort of glorified expansion where everything was balanced. Blizzard is clearly showing a little initiative in the PvP-balancing department this expansion.

wear bigger wizard hats *<|¦-)

#44 Annihilate

Annihilate
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 2833

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:26 AM

Remove shattered barrier from the game and double ice barrier absorb.

#45 Witness

Witness
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Gorgonnash
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:45 AM

Remove shattered barrier from the game and double ice barrier absorb.

Shattered barrier will be on the same dr as cone of cold in 4.0.6 so noone will spec for it (outside of rated BGs).

when a person doesn't enter arena until the gates open ( like it ends up in 2v3 ), the arena match isn't counted and is automatically a draw when the gates open ( without the annoying -16 for both teams ), thus no one gains or loses pts/MMR.

I would've loved this back in s5/s6 when my microwave would interfere with my router if someone started using it so I had a rule that nobody was allowed to use the microwave while I did arena.

#46 fatygo

fatygo
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:08 AM

We need a supernova

circle of frost?

if anything mages in overall need a slight nerf either dmgwise ccwise or surviwise.

#47 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:09 AM

sure, why not
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#48 Watlok

Watlok
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:22 AM

circle of frost?

if anything mages in overall need a slight nerf either dmgwise ccwise or surviwise.

Are we playing the same game? Here is our strategy against every mage team: kill the mage. Collect points. It has worked against every mage team except pookz' shatterplay, and that's mostly because shatterplay is pretty much a countercomp. We still beat the other shatterplays with this "skillful" strategy of 100-0ing the mage in <40s.

Dispelling mage junk has never been easier. There are no trash debuffs and there is no dispel resistance. Defensively, absorbs are pathetic right now.

Last season (snare+2stack wc+poly) to take a poly off of someone you'd have 0.33 chance first shot and about 0.41 second try if you failed the first. This season (snare+poly) you have a 0.5 first shot and a 1 second try. This puts mages way behind on GCDs when ccing compared to a class like a warlock or druid. Our new dependence on crit doesn't help any either.

If we had more useful debuffs that stacked then we could use more gcds to make a cc stick, or if we had spells that put up multiple debuffs we would be able to make cc stick. If we had a mechanic like UA we'd be able to make things stick. Basically, warlocks have 3 ways to cover their cc better than us. And then they have a fourth way - being able to put up multiple debuffs in one* gcd with soul swap.

*effectively one for the case of cc dispels, setup wise it takes two (more if you count the original dots, but you want the original dots on a target to begin with if soul swap didn't exist.)

**a big part of pvp caster/healer balance is the gcd game, and blizzard completely ignored it when designing cata

#49 Cránk

Cránk
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ambossar
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationMunich

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:01 AM

Shattered barrier will be on the same dr as cone of cold in 4.0.6 so noone will spec for it (outside of rated BGs).

really? was that in the ptr notes and i didnt see it or is it a stealth nerf?
The amount of shits that should be given in regards to this topic should be no greater that .3 shits. Not even an entire shit should be given.

#50 Watlok

Watlok
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:03 AM

really? was that in the ptr notes and i didnt see it or is it a stealth nerf?

It's not in the notes and not true as far as I know. A lot of players are requesting it, mages included. I am sort of hoping for it because after that nerf we can hopefully get some buffs to handle the evolved game mechanics.

#51 Witness

Witness
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Gorgonnash
  • Blutdurst

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:39 AM

It's not in the notes and not true as far as I know. A lot of players are requesting it, mages included. I am sort of hoping for it because after that nerf we can hopefully get some buffs to handle the evolved game mechanics.

It's how it worked in beta, there was never a hotfix or patch note that the drs were seperated so it's most likely unintended.

when a person doesn't enter arena until the gates open ( like it ends up in 2v3 ), the arena match isn't counted and is automatically a draw when the gates open ( without the annoying -16 for both teams ), thus no one gains or loses pts/MMR.

I would've loved this back in s5/s6 when my microwave would interfere with my router if someone started using it so I had a rule that nobody was allowed to use the microwave while I did arena.

#52 Jobelina

Jobelina
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:15 AM

All heals are weaker then lvl 80 also?

#53 Holepunch

Holepunch
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:43 AM

definitely needs to be buffed. make it so it cant be purged.

it can be purged off so easily once initial buffs are stripped. sometimes it comes off before you can even purge it cause its as thick as 1 ply toilet paper.

#54 unotatingblad

unotatingblad
  • Trigdealer
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:03 PM

not to mention devour magic
Posted Image

#55 Pierdevara

Pierdevara
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/2/1/1/.

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:26 PM

yea they can buff it to absorb 30k dmg but if we got no dispel protection on it it sucks anyway
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail
Posted Image

#56 ceqqx

ceqqx
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

As previously stated, in most cases it'll break before the opponent(s) even have time to dispel it. I'd be happy if it absorbed 30k damage and shattered barrier was removed.

"and no men are free to disagree,
without facing their mortality..."

Posted Image

Spoiler

#57 Pownmeisterz

Pownmeisterz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:05 PM

Make barrier baseline, replace shattered barrier with a talent that is like blazing speed(removes slowing effects when broken,) add talent in frost tree that increases absorption amount by 200%.

They could make a talent in frost that makes it undispellable+glyph that increases absorb amount by 200%, or make the talent in frost increase the absorb amount by 200%+glyph that makes it undispellabe.

I think it'd be fair that if some talents were built around this new ice barrier, that they should remove mirror images or add it onto a lackluster talent in arcane, that would have a 5-10% chance of proccing off of damage to summon a mirror image.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#58 nim

nim
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:13 PM

I hate Mirror Images in PvP, but they have a lot of PvE viability, can't just remove the spell.
Color Guard
105 204 240
.41 .80 .94
#69CCF0

#59 Pownmeisterz

Pownmeisterz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

They might as well just make frost armor -20% damage, since spriests, moonkins, warlocks(I know the damage isn't lost since it goes to the pet). It would give us an actual reason to wear frost armor to reduce incoming damage instead of just a gimmick way to get more FoF procs.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#60 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:27 PM

Probably, and it should also be undispellable. Mages really need a survivability buff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<