Jump to content

Vanguards Retribution Paladin PvP Guide (6.1)


  • Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#281 Maradona

Maradona
  • Members
  • Posts: 16

Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:42 AM

Thanks Vanguards for the guide!

#282 Wutangrza

Wutangrza
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Dark Iron
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 100
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/2/1/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2388
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1755

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:27 AM

View PostRoameo, on 28 December 2014 - 09:29 AM, said:

Realistic opinions from 1800+ Arena PvPers in 2's on choosing between the following trinkets:

---------------------------------
wowhead dot com/item=115760
wowhead dot com/item=115759
---------------------------------

My curiosity is, math sake (I'm not stellar at) - what's most effective here between the two? Because I can bind the on use trinket to my ES. I tried to play with the math aspect on simcraft, but something don't look right or maybe it is?

Keep in mind factoring the damage done/reduced by having versatility.

The proc trinket, though a bit less controllable, should be a lot better. It has ~33% uptime.

#283 Wutangrza

Wutangrza
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Dark Iron
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 100
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/2/1/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2388
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1755

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:19 AM

I've been considering seraphim vs some comps (particularly the low armor comps that rets have such a hard time with like RMD).

Check these screenshots:

Posted Image
Posted Image

That's a 74520 crit HoW + 61200 from mastery for a total of 135,720 damage in one global. I feel like you have to completely change your playstyle when using Seraphim, but if you can setup a HoJ on a rogue vs RMD you could actually 100-0 him inside a HoJ, and the +1000 versatility and +1000 bonus armor should make you tankier vs RMD burst (1000 armor is more than a shield provides).

I'm planning on trying it out next time I queue into an RMD or maybe even a god comp just to see how it works. Your basic strat would be to play super cautiously till you have 5 HP, then setup cross CC, then seraphim + wings + HA + HoW and then TV, CS, TV, HoW, repeat.

Once seraphim expires, back off and play safe again while building HP, once seraphim is off CD, push in again for miniburst. Repeat till you win.

#284 Revelation

Revelation
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Разувий
  • Вихрь
  • Posts: 2
  • Talents: Protection 2/0/2/1/1/1/2

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:57 PM

Hello, guys, i'm new to Retri paladin spec, and im curions what is stat priorty after haste buff?

#285 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 191
  • Talents: Retribution 1/1/0/0/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 1669
  • 3v3: 1614
  • 5v5: 1716
  • RBG: 1677
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:28 PM

That Bursty-Playstyle is retarded as in MoP.
Why don't we have any viable option for doing good substained damage, and lowering the burst?
Also why can't be we be more "tankier" at the cost of Burst?

I don't want to be the 2-minute-Ret anymore!

#286 yosisters

yosisters
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Xavius
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Posts: 5
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1133
  • 3v3: 1888
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 1622

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:53 PM

Dunno if this is appriciated or not but these kinds of macros I find very useful.

#showtooltip Hand of Freedom
/cast [mod:shift, @party2] Hand of Freedom; [mod:alt, @player] Hand of Freedom; [nomod:shift/alt, @party1] Hand of Freedom

Lets me cast hands/heals on my party by pressing nothing/shift and myself when pressing alt.

#287 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 202
  • Talents:

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:32 PM

Simple question: after the 4p nerf, given the nature of PvP and how little a 4s 6% damage means, is it better to forgo the 4p set completely?

#288 Archuriel

Archuriel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 9
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1744
  • 3v3: 2019
  • RBG: 1336

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:25 PM

View PostWutangrza, on 15 January 2015 - 05:19 AM, said:

I've been considering seraphim vs some comps (particularly the low armor comps that rets have such a hard time with like RMD).

Check these screenshots:

Posted Image
Posted Image

That's a 74520 crit HoW + 61200 from mastery for a total of 135,720 damage in one global. I feel like you have to completely change your playstyle when using Seraphim, but if you can setup a HoJ on a rogue vs RMD you could actually 100-0 him inside a HoJ, and the +1000 versatility and +1000 bonus armor should make you tankier vs RMD burst (1000 armor is more than a shield provides).

I'm planning on trying it out next time I queue into an RMD or maybe even a god comp just to see how it works. Your basic strat would be to play super cautiously till you have 5 HP, then setup cross CC, then seraphim + wings + HA + HoW and then TV, CS, TV, HoW, repeat.

Once seraphim expires, back off and play safe again while building HP, once seraphim is off CD, push in again for miniburst. Repeat till you win.
Remember that crit DMG is reduced in PvP, not sure if the target dummy reflects that. I have actually tried Seraphim and really like it, you can bring the pain if you get crits. Kinda clunky outside of AW/HA, but don't forget it procs 10% DMG from our 4pc (5hp used).  With Seraphim, trinket, and weapon proc I think I'm at 92% mastery with 23% versatility PLUS the 10% from 4pc. I killed a restore druid from full in 3 attacks in 2's with it. It is at least a change of pace from Final verdict

Edited by Archuriel, 13 February 2015 - 03:49 PM.


#289 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 191
  • Talents: Retribution 1/1/0/0/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 1669
  • 3v3: 1614
  • 5v5: 1716
  • RBG: 1677
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:13 PM

Quote

Remember that crit DMG is reduced in PvP, not sure if the target dummy reflects that.

It shouldn't also my numbers are much higher, than on Players.
The dummies also don't have the -15% dmg income from the trinkets.

Quote

procs 10% DMG from our 4pc (5hp used).

The maximum were at 9% and was toned down to 6%. It' also limited to 3 HP, not 5 (2% per HP-stack).

#290 Archuriel

Archuriel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 9
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1744
  • 3v3: 2019
  • RBG: 1336

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:07 PM

I'm pretty sure it procs the 10%, Seraphim is our only move that uses more than 3. Not that it matters, its only good for 1 HoW anyway.


#291 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 191
  • Talents: Retribution 1/1/0/0/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 1669
  • 3v3: 1614
  • 5v5: 1716
  • RBG: 1677
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:19 PM

My faul, it's 10% when using Seraphim.
Afaik this wasn't possible in the beginning. Seraphim would gain a 15% boost - crazy.

Maybe Seraphim was the real reason for the nerf? ;) .

#292 Archuriel

Archuriel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 9
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1744
  • 3v3: 2019
  • RBG: 1336

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:03 PM

View PostAnimefreak3K, on 16 February 2015 - 11:19 PM, said:

My faul, it's 10% when using Seraphim.
Afaik this wasn't possible in the beginning. Seraphim would gain a 15% boost - crazy.


Maybe Seraphim was the real reason for the nerf? ;) .
Far as I know it was needed because people used it in PvE and it was 100% up. As soon as you use TV\FV it resets to 6% (Bug maybe?).  Seraphim is fun but still doesn't seem to be viable, the 10yrd range, pure holy DMG, plus the big Divine storm hits make Final verdict too good to pass up most time. Only time I see Seraphim as being good is vs low armor comps like mage rogue, god comp, etc.  Maybe they'll buff it in the future.

Edited by Archuriel, 18 February 2015 - 01:04 PM.


#293 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 191
  • Talents: Retribution 1/1/0/0/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 1669
  • 3v3: 1614
  • 5v5: 1716
  • RBG: 1677
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:59 PM

PvP-Setbonus could have been deactivated in PvE, and the other way around.
Holinka asked my question about that with that the damagebonus was too strong and always up.

#294 Vanguards

Vanguards
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 1202
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2508
  • 3v3: 2978
  • 5v5: 1607
  • RBG: 1843

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:07 PM

Updated to 6.1. As the patch is still early I'll probably adjust a few talents / glyphs once I get to play more.
http://twitch.tv/VanguardsTV- Stream (Follow to know when I'm live!)
http://twitter.com/VanguardsTV- Twitter
http://facebook.com/Samk920 - Facebook

http://youtube.com/SamK920 - YouTube Videos

#295 jam420

jam420
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 151
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/0/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2729
  • RBG: 1733

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:41 AM

http://us.battle.net...176?page=19#379

so uh.. any thoughts on this?

i made a ret pally alt and my damage is not... what i expected it'd be like

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

moonfacer


#296 Cempa

Cempa
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 20
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1670

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:34 AM

Tier 75 talents would be great if we could have greater insight, many have talked about HA and DP but I have not come across Sanctified Wrath views and criticism.  In a PvP environment we all see how powerful a Wings+HA on a full CC target is -so short duration high burst with the risk of yielding naught if its mitigated somehow.  

SW (Sanctified Wrath)  is over a much longer duration allowing for a wide range of options but less concentrated damage...

pros and cons?

#297 originalret

originalret
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 100
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1851
  • LocationAus

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:37 AM

View PostWutangrza, on 15 January 2015 - 05:19 AM, said:

+1000 bonus armor should make you tankier vs RMD burst (1000 armor is more than a shield provides).

Bonus armor provides no benefit to ret. activate seraphim and hover over the "bonus armor" section of your character screen. it doesnt  change. only the versatility provides defensive applications (or the haste/crit for heals, etc)

View PostArchuriel, on 18 February 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

Far as I know it was needed because people used it in PvE and it was 100% up. As soon as you use TV\FV it resets to 6% (Bug maybe?).  Seraphim is fun but still doesn't seem to be viable, the 10yrd range, pure holy DMG, plus the big Divine storm hits make Final verdict too good to pass up most time. Only time I see Seraphim as being good is vs low armor comps like mage rogue, god comp, etc.  Maybe they'll buff it in the future.

Seraphim does increase damage contribution by 10% (according to the tooltop) however it is only for 4 seconds. this will provide some assistance with maybe your first couple of global cooldowns. This buff COULD also be overwritten if you say, opened with seraphim + HA, used HoW, then used a TV immediately after (thus applying a 6% immediately). I havent tested this.

#298 originalret

originalret
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 100
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1851
  • LocationAus

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:59 AM

View PostCempa, on 14 March 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

Tier 75 talents would be great if we could have greater insight, many have talked about HA and DP but I have not come across Sanctified Wrath views and criticism.  In a PvP environment we all see how powerful a Wings+HA on a full CC target is -so short duration high burst with the risk of yielding naught if its mitigated somehow.  

SW (Sanctified Wrath)  is over a much longer duration allowing for a wide range of options but less concentrated damage...

pros and cons?

http://www.arenajunk...etterbest-stat/

Crono is running SW + EmpSeals at the moment and speaks highly of it. he may be able to provide more insight.

#299 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 191
  • Talents: Retribution 1/1/0/0/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 1669
  • 3v3: 1614
  • 5v5: 1716
  • RBG: 1677
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:49 AM

I'm running full Versatility (15,78%). Should i run with the Proc-Trinket, or the On-Use one (+ ~1.500 Versatility) ?
Which one would push my dmg more?

I'm playing with DP not with HA. This may be a imporant to know ;) .


Quote

running SW + EmpSeals

Because it's pretty heavy :) .




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

<