#5 hellsong

hellsong
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:13 AM

nah pretty sure that's pvp bro, this is AJ last time i checked right? didnt know pve nerds even knew about this site
I have a really hot girlfriend

#6 Korialstrasz

Korialstrasz
  • Korial
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:18 AM

hellsong said:

nah pretty sure that's pvp bro, this is AJ last time i checked right? didnt know pve nerds even knew about this site

Well you're wrong anyway. Since I've had much better performance since I went away from that kind of stat priority.

So I'm gonna say around 10% hit > Mastery > Crit > Hit > Haste, you may also wanna gain around 14 expertise too, but by getting the expertise items from Honor/CP you should have that number already so that won't be an issue.

View PostGLopez, on 23 February 2011 - 05:15 AM, said:

Warrior survivability is overpowered entirely due to self-healing, though. That can only be changed by nerfing Blood Craze and Second Wind.

#7 hellsong

hellsong
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:22 AM

^^^fury warrior god, listen to her/him

better tell powerslave to change his FAQ then
I have a really hot girlfriend

#8 Korialstrasz

Korialstrasz
  • Korial
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:27 AM

Well Powerslave has just copied that from PvE which is obvious since he lists Mastery as being last, which is true in PvE but totally wrong in PvP, 26 expertise is also to prevent parry vs bosses, there is no need for that much in PvP.

Warrior survivability is overpowered entirely due to self-healing, though. That can only be changed by nerfing Blood Craze and Second Wind.

#9 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:32 AM

Yeah, that's not a PVP stat priority at all. Hit & Expertise are for sustained, PVP has never been about sustained.

#10 yoyot

yoyot
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:07 AM

I guess you could play like a PoM pyro mage and stack mastery for maximum damage during deathwish?

#11 Korialstrasz

Korialstrasz
  • Korial
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:09 AM

It doesn't just increase damage during Deathwish.

#12 Panzerkampf

Panzerkampf
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:16 AM

Korialstrasz said:

Well Powerslave has just copied that from PvE which is obvious since he lists Mastery as being last, which is true in PvE but totally wrong in PvP, 26 expertise is also to prevent parry vs bosses, there is no need for that much in PvP.

actually, 26 expertise it so avoid dodges vs bosses, they may still parry if you hit the from the front.

#13 Korialstrasz

Korialstrasz
  • Korial
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:28 AM

Panzerkampf said:

actually, 26 expertise it so avoid dodges vs bosses, they may still parry if you hit the from the front.

Well you're not gonna be DPSing from the front :|

Unless its like the Pit Lord, but yeah Dodges and Parries from behind.

#14 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:29 AM

yoyot said:

I guess you could play like a PoM pyro mage and stack mastery for maximum damage during deathwish?

It increases all raging blow damage, like Korial noted. Which is what your spec is based around. Your white attacks and bloodthirst and slam and all that jazz are nice, but they are not what makes you even remotely useful. That's your huge-ass raging blow hits.

Mastery also increases the damage of your normal enrage (that one that procs from all attacks), enraged regeneration, etc etc.

The only reason mastery is a junk stat in PVE as it stands is that in PVE you have to average out the DPS over long fights. In that case, the increase on deathwish/enrage is total shit compared to other stats. I shouldn't have to mention that in PVP things are very different, and doing steady, competitive damage over 10 minutes is less useful than doing MY GOD damage over 30s. PVE average DPS also assumes generally high uptime. If you're being kited, hitting every autoattack isn't so useful.

#15 Panzerkampf

Panzerkampf
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:01 PM

Korialstrasz said:

Well you're not gonna be DPSing from the front :|

Unless its like the Pit Lord, but yeah Dodges and Parries from behind.

mobs can't parry from behind :p

#16 snarl

snarl
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 384

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:53 PM

Korialstrasz said:

Well you're wrong anyway. Since I've had much better performance since I went away from that kind of stat priority.

So I'm gonna say around 10% hit > Mastery > Crit > Hit > Haste, you may also wanna gain around 14 expertise too, but by getting the expertise items from Honor/CP you should have that number already so that won't be an issue.

No idea if you are right or wrong but you are pointing out pretty specific stats here, so I'm curious if there's actually specific points you are trying to reach or if you're just playing it by feel. My first assumption was if you aren't aiming to reach the hit cap, getting 5%(6% vs NE?) hit including the 3% you already get from going Fury would be enough. From then on you just stack mastery to hit harder when you connect. And why get any expertise at all?

#17 Korialstrasz

Korialstrasz
  • Korial
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

I'm just saying what I felt has worked for me, less hit still might work out fine, but I feel 10% is a nice number, also classes have alotmore dodge now in Cataclysm then they did before, most casters have around 2-3% dodge atleast.

#18 Son

Son
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:13 PM

You want to have some expertise in pvp (for arms also) for the exact same reason u want to get yellow hit cap. Getting your CS dodged by a priest is gay.
Posted Image

#19 Jentry

Jentry
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackwater Raiders
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:31 PM

Korialstrasz said:

Is this correct? I tried to armory Korial and I couldn't find her/him at level 85. I had hoped to see gearing, exact numbers, etc. My fury warrior is currently stacking hit to 16% for pvp with a secondary emphasis on crit.  If Korial is right, then I'm way off.  I figured that a high hit rating will help a lot with rage regenration.  The caveat is that I've never arena'd with a warrior until this season.

Can other fury warriors confirm that Korial's priorities are correct please? No disrespect to Korial; I just can't find her damn armory on EU.

#20 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:49 PM

hellsong said:

^^^fury warrior god, listen to her/him

better tell powerslave to change his FAQ then

It's under the small section called "pve corner",it's mot a pvp stat priority (otherwise there would be resilience pretty high there)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<