#1 xmagee

xmagee
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction 1/0/0/2/2/.

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:00 AM

In the upcoming patch there are some big changes like bloodlust getting removed and other fairly significant nerfs in great favor of RPD (shadow, resto)and seeing as it works fine atm.. Do you guys think it will be a good or even great comp after the patch?

I recon it will (if no uncalled nerfs is announced) be one of the strongest comps with rank 1 capability.

Thoughts?

#2 Antihit

Antihit
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:02 AM

doesnt sound too bad, always been a fan of RLD though

#3 Zez

Zez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:03 AM

anything with shadow priest won't be rank1 material

#4 Grazzk

Grazzk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:03 AM

Antihit said:

doesnt sound too bad, always been a fan of RLD though

RLS will still be better.

View Postgawdd, on 23 March 2011 - 10:50 PM, said:

Ok this is the last time I waste my time with someone too stupid to recognize cleave takes ALOT more skill than warlocks.

View Postgawdd, on 23 March 2011 - 10:11 PM, said:

You just deny to see warrior cleaves involve a lot of strategies and you can't adapt to it. Cleaving is closer than any caster healer melee comp to Esport, because you kill people with damage, not CC and that actually takes effort.
Don't tell me you're not getting carried by FOTM. Your team has a resto shaman and a warrior, you don't deserve to talk about other comps. Getting a double warrior 3v3 team to high ranks is a bigger achievement, hands down.

lucrativex said:

GET GRAZZD

#5 Antihit

Antihit
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:05 AM

Grazzk said:

agreed, RLD probly more fun tho

#6 xmagee

xmagee
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction 1/0/0/2/2/.

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:06 AM

Grazzk said:

Even with BL, purge, cleansing waters /ua, soulswap/smoke bomb etc etc nerfs.. Im not sure

not the mention CoeX, fear and drain mana(lol)

#7 Grazzk

Grazzk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:59 AM

xmagee said:

Even with BL /ua, soulswap/smoke bomb etc etc nerfs.. Im not sure

not the mention CoeX, fear and drain mana(lol)

Soulswap got reverted, Drain mana is meaningless, fear is still effective.

Sub is also getting buffed.

View Postgawdd, on 23 March 2011 - 10:50 PM, said:

Ok this is the last time I waste my time with someone too stupid to recognize cleave takes ALOT more skill than warlocks.

View Postgawdd, on 23 March 2011 - 10:11 PM, said:

You just deny to see warrior cleaves involve a lot of strategies and you can't adapt to it. Cleaving is closer than any caster healer melee comp to Esport, because you kill people with damage, not CC and that actually takes effort.
Don't tell me you're not getting carried by FOTM. Your team has a resto shaman and a warrior, you don't deserve to talk about other comps. Getting a double warrior 3v3 team to high ranks is a bigger achievement, hands down.

lucrativex said:

GET GRAZZD

#8 Gox

Gox

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:01 AM

MLD - MLS - MLP
LF Mage for 5v5 hunny bunnayyyzzz

#9 Zez

Zez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:09 AM

Some thoughts about 4.0.6

Shadow priests:

Shadow won't be good because lust is gone. Shadow damage is low without lust and they aren't getting enought compensation. SP:s will have problems getting cast off when melee is training them without lust and dispel protection is still weak because of S&P dr:ing with itself, fear and horror. Cleansing waters will stay the same vs sp:s as it currently is. New tremor totem design will make getting fears to resto shamans maybe even harder.

Locks:

Locks will became much stronger with 4.0.6. New tremor design allows locks to cc dps when other team has shaman healer or cc healer easier when they have enha shaman. Cleansing waters will not be as strong against affli as in current patch. Warriors might even became kiteable because portal is on 21s cd and charge  is 20s(?). This means that if you can force warrior to charge to catch you can port and there is no chance he will catch you if your teammate can snare him. Feral nerfs will for sure make locks stronger especially berserk change, being able to fear feral when he is using cd:s will be huge.

SP vs Lock

In 4.0.6 I don't see any reason to take SP to combo over lock. Without lust SP single target dispel won't be nearly as good as it is. Defensive dispel will be only asset SP would bring but with tremor totem changed lock can prevent a lot of damage by CCing other teams dps and spell locking. Lock have infinite mana, better mobility, damage in long games, CC and spell lock on pet that's on shorter cd. Trinketable silences will also hurt Sp:s more than locks. Warlocks don't rely on lust to do damage.

RLS:

RLS might become a lot stronger since many RLS's are struggling with melee cleaves especially feral/dk/war/enha + healer. With ferals and wars nerfed and tremor totem redesigned RLS should become stronger against those combos. Lust is nice but you can score kills without it easily. Smoke bomb nerf won't be huge because most enemies die or get out from it in 5s anyway.

#10 Malvagita

Malvagita
  • Junkies

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:57 AM

I am seeing RLD being better than RLS with the patch notes being the way they are atm (I am sure they will be adjusted significantly though). We'll have to wait and see. Shaman took a TON of hits, especially resto. Maybe I am biased though, I love playing with a druid =P
:warrior:  :warlock:  :druid:

Posted Image

#11 Geebs

Geebs
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:09 AM

Zez said:

Some thoughts about 4.0.6
Locks:

Locks will became much stronger with 4.0.6. New tremor design allows locks to cc dps when other team has shaman healer or cc healer easier when they have enha shaman. Cleansing waters will not be as strong against affli as in current patch. Warriors might even became kiteable because portal is on 21s cd and charge  is 20s(?). This means that if you can force warrior to charge to catch you can port and there is no chance he will catch you if your teammate can snare him. Feral nerfs will for sure make locks stronger especially berserk change, being able to fear feral when he is using cd:s will be huge.
Nah, they're changing Charge. Juggernaut no longer increases Charge cd by 5 sec, but shares cd with Intercept instead. Still, all you need is something to get away from us for like 3 seconds and then we probably have to charge you -> port. Well, we'll still be able to Heroic Leap, but that bugs so much anyway.

#12 Sinix

Sinix
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/.

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:47 PM

RLS is dominating atm, so is alot of dk/mage makeups.

aswell as RMP if you're a priest
Posted Image

#13 Entarion

Entarion
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:35 AM

Malvagita said:

I am seeing RLD being better than RLS with the patch notes being the way they are atm (I am sure they will be adjusted significantly though). We'll have to wait and see. Shaman took a TON of hits, especially resto. Maybe I am biased though, I love playing with a druid =P

RLD rly is alot of fun, although rshamans just hardcounter it :( It's just an uphill fight vs any rshaman and vs most the better mage wizzard cleaves too.

#14 Yesjuicex

Yesjuicex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/.

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:43 AM

HLP :D

#15 Zazoru

Zazoru
  • Junkies

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:05 PM

:paladin::warlock::deathknight:

:warlock::deathknight::druid:

:warlock::rogue::druid:

:paladin::warlock::hunter:

:warlock::hunter::druid:

I think pretty much all of these comps will be #1, note all have warlocks.

#16 jinsk

jinsk
  • Junkies

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:09 PM

rld will be superior to rls due to 1 thing. tremor change its great to peel.

but what i think will be top comp its shadowcleave. any variation being with shaman/druid the best overall.

i see mls and mld being good still .

#17 LowDeeps

LowDeeps
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:42 AM

View PostZez, on 16 January 2011 - 02:09 AM, said:

In 4.0.6 I don't see any reason to take SP to combo over lock.

So nothing has changed.

Also, if you check all the US BG's there are only 4 teams running RPD over 2200 right now.  The highest one is 2309.  It's not even a tier 3 comp in it's current state.

Edited by LowDeeps, 05 February 2011 - 06:45 AM.

I am:
:priest: Lowdeeps on Magtheridon
:priest: Lowdeepz on Arthas
:warlock: Lowdeepz on Emerald Dream

View Postdusknoir_, on 07 April 2011 - 11:23 PM, said:

I FUCKING HATE TALBADAR SO MUCH.

#18 Stolsben

Stolsben
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • EU-Terenas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:59 PM

View PostLowDeeps, on 05 February 2011 - 06:42 AM, said:

So nothing has changed.

Also, if you check all the US BG's there are only 4 teams running RPD over 2200 right now.  The highest one is 2309.  It's not even a tier 3 comp in it's current state.

<----

hi

#19 LowDeeps

LowDeeps
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:59 PM

View PostStolsben, on 07 February 2011 - 04:59 PM, said:

<----

hi

Congrats on your 2500+ RPD, but I only checked "US" teams.
I am:
:priest: Lowdeeps on Magtheridon
:priest: Lowdeepz on Arthas
:warlock: Lowdeepz on Emerald Dream

View Postdusknoir_, on 07 April 2011 - 11:23 PM, said:

I FUCKING HATE TALBADAR SO MUCH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<