#21 Malevolént

Malevolént
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

35% instead of 50%.. you won't even notice this since ccs are gonna get nerfed to 8 seconds. Yes I know, "in comparison to other classes" and so... lol.

Mage armor is beyond retarded since cata. A mage doesn't have to trade anything for mana. No gcds, no hp, no ooc drinking, no evocate. This class got so dumbed down, it's ridiculous. From the hardest to play caster to the easiest dps specc in game, gj blizz.

#22 Fluffert

Fluffert
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

IMO it should be a flat 20% magic dmg reduction or 20-30% reduction in damage over time spells...being basically immune to cc and silence's is way too much in today's game

How does it basically make us immune to CC and silence?

#23 Shinaniganz

Shinaniganz
  • Junkies

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

How does it basically make us immune to CC and silence?

a spell lock silence at 3 seconds only stops one global from a mage with mage armor. and fear lasts for 5/2.5/1.25 seconds for two seconds of cast time. after the first fear its arguable that casting fear on a mage would be ccing ourselves more than the mage, especially if you account for pushback and having to fake interrupts.

#24 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:49 PM

a spell lock silence at 3 seconds only stops one global from a mage with mage armor. and fear lasts for 5/2.5/1.25 seconds for two seconds of cast time. after the first fear its arguable that casting fear on a mage would be ccing ourselves more than the mage, especially if you account for pushback and having to fake interrupts.

aim to interrupt a cast then if u dont like how mage armor punishes blanket silences

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#25 Torrent

Torrent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

aim to interrupt a cast then if u dont like how mage armor punishes blanket silences

Hi! I'm a shadowpriest.
Posted Image

#26 Jarmen

Jarmen
  • Junkies

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

not sure if serious :confused:

#27 betruger

betruger
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:41 PM

icelance :P

Im starting to use imp more against mage teams now, they hardly cast.

The one thing this will do is let our dots do more damage which even if Cc is still shit on them is a step in the right direction.

#28 Malacothdai

Malacothdai
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Llane
  • Vindication

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:25 PM

i'm sure as one of the best locks in the game he has never considered that...
:warlock::warlock::deathknight::hunter:

#29 inspectahdeck

inspectahdeck
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Demonology 1/2/1/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1312
  • 3v3: 2336
  • RBG: 1976

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:47 PM

Maybe if you had to cast to do retarded damage

#30 Admix

Admix
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:53 PM

us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1869250310

I did post something on the PTR forum. It includes Mage Armor. Feel free to reply to it if you wish.

#31 Alkazard

Alkazard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 2229

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:38 AM

icelance :P

Im starting to use imp more against mage teams now, they hardly cast.

The one thing this will do is let our dots do more damage which even if Cc is still shit on them is a step in the right direction.

Might be nice to see the full row of dots tick atleast once, instead of the first falling off by the time the last is on. :P

wear bigger wizard hats *<|¦-)

#32 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:09 PM

ill get flamed for this im sure. i really just dont see why mages think they deserve or need to eat half the cc/silences/debuffs that every other spec/class in the game does in order to be successful in arena.

Because even with it, you guys dominate us in arenas AND duels?

Locks just passed Mages by top 50 representation, and now Mages get nothing but nerfs and Lock teams are massively buffed... 4.0.6 is going to be hilarious

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:36 PM

Because even with it, you guys dominate us in arenas AND duels?

answer the question please.

how would we dominate you? our dots wouldnt suddenly auto kill you. our full fears would obviously make it harder for you to control a game but it wouldnt suddenly prevent you from playing your character the whole time.

I typically hear mages say they dont have any defense against casters. your defense mechanics are 2 absorbs, ice block and counterspell (witht the longest school lockout), which arent exactly bad. now if you want to argue that our defense mechanic (soul link) is stronger then yours then i would have to agree that it is move valuable in most situations, but not always.

Even without mage armor you would still have hands down the best control in this game, amazing damage, and very good mobility. Every other class currently has to eat full magic ccs, and silences etc. really there is no valid argument anyone could create to validate someone deserving to eat all that shit 50% less then everyone else. so why mages?

#34 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

answer the question please.

how would we dominate you?

My point was you already do dominate is, even with it at 50%, there's no reason to entertain theoreticals because it is already happening at the top of the ladders RIGHT NOW.

Shadowcleave? shits on Mage teams
SLS? Shits on Mage teams
RLS? Shits on Mage teams

The only top tier comp that DOESN'T totally wreck all Mage teams is Shadowplay, and that's because of how well Mage + Melee trains SPriests, has nothing to do with Mage Armor - we'll still destroy that comp post-patch.

"50% is a huge number and WHY MAGES" doesn't exactly fly when Locks are fucking us as-is, and you no longer have the representation argument to fall back on. Anybody who didn't see this Lock representation increase is retarded.

#35 Lauviah

Lauviah
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/1/0/0/1/2

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

just as it was hilarious when 4.0 came

mage nerfs were necessary, there was no logical reason why they would retain all the overpowered abilities

and lock teams will get massively buffed because of other classes buffs, like death knights (25k hp death strikes, yep k) and nerfs (shamans)

lock buffs will get offset by nerfs in other other areas, e.g selfheal and snares/control

and saying warlocks dominate mages atm is biased as hell

#36 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:05 PM

just as it was hilarious when 4.0 came

difference being, Mages weren't arguing that they were fine in 4.0, but rather that once people got gear in S9 things would even out, which is exactly what just happened, locks just overtook Mage rep

#37 wisdomcube

wisdomcube
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

I still don't understand why mages cant just run war mage pally and do good vs lock teams. And RLS is not an auto win vs mage teams.

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

My point was you already do dominate is, even with it at 50%, there's no reason to entertain theoreticals because it is already happening at the top of the ladders RIGHT NOW.

Shadowcleave? shits on Mage teams
SLS? Shits on Mage teams
RLS? Shits on Mage teams

The only top tier comp that DOESN'T totally wreck all Mage teams is Shadowplay, and that's because of how well Mage + Melee trains SPriests, has nothing to do with Mage Armor - we'll still destroy that comp post-patch.

"50% is a huge number and WHY MAGES" doesn't exactly fly when Locks are fucking us as-is, and you no longer have the representation argument to fall back on. Anybody who didn't see this Lock representation increase is retarded.

well i appreciate your response but i think where your agrument goes wrong is when you say "lock comps"

rls= shaman purge your shields + dispeling his mut rogue so he stays on you. not the lock here

shadowcleave= dks being massively op and having a ton of anit magic tools, good ranged dmg, and cds for everything. if he gets on you, sadly you die shortly after. its not the lock who is the real issue here.

in rls or shadowcleave you could easily replace the lock with a hunter or mage for example and you would get raped just as well simply because its not the lock exploiting your weaknesses.

so we are left with a few things here. you get raped by purges. that has nothing to do with mage armor. you get raped by dks. nothing to do with mage armor outside of his strang. mutilate rogues, if given uptime on you, rape you. again this isnt the lock.

even in all those lock comps we play if u didnt have mage armor you wouldnt be getting raped because of our full fears and full dots. it would still be because of the other classes exploiting your weaknesses. you should be asking for something to protect you against your weaknesses, and it certainly isnt against casters.

lastly dont quote some bg956 has 9/10 teams who have a lock on their team. that arguement doesnt support you need for mage armor because again its not the lock in the comp who is giving you the massive issues you face. that piece of info would support an argument such as "locks are more valuable in more 3v3 comps then mages are".

#39 misios

misios
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

locks may very well ride over mages, but thats because of their selfhealing and defence atm. It doesn't change that mage armor is a pretty bad design, and the nerf was a step into the right direction. The whole mage armor design was designed to prevent dots from destorying mages, so personally I think you guys deserve a magic % reduction, like netherprot, I think you deserve it because of all your active abilities you need to use, which can easily be negated by purge etc. Having more passive defence will ultimately help you, and prevent a flawed design thats very annoying.

locks should be tuned down with their selfhealing, the selfhealing locks have now shouldn't be in this cata enviorment, it's disgustingly good, and needs a whoop from GC's nerfbat.
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:10 PM

i agree self healing should be toned down for us, which it has to some degree with the fel armor change. they need to heavily nerf recup and war healing. those 2 in particular simply because they are not active healing its just a passive thing which is really lame. dk healing to full in lich born is so dumb too even if it is a 3 min cd its still total bs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<