Photo

Mage armor

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#181 Jarmen

Jarmen
  • Junkies

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:05 PM

you realize lock self healing coupled with their utility that prevents casts quite literally outheals mage damage right? it is impossible (not hard but IMPOSSIBLE) for a mage to outdamage lock self healing if the lock just keeps up tongues, devours shields and prevents casts... and you think the problem is lock pressure on MAGES is too low?

in every thread u keep bringing this up. why? do you play 1v1 tournaments? why do you complain about 1v1 anyways? u were THE godclass of duels the past 4 seasons. seems like u took being invincible duelgods for granted...who cares about 1v1 srsly? i fucking specced into draintanking so why SHOULD u outdamage a locks heals 1v1(ofc its op right now but just tell me why does it matter for you to outdmg a locks healing when it clearly doesnt matter outside of duels)...and please dont tell me u cant outdmg a locks heals in any grp pvp environment if that were the case then im afraid u have to push that icelance button a little harder.

i think you have things totally backwards... devour shields, put up dots, mages have no self healing = locks unquestionably put up higher pressure on mages than mages do on locks. and somehow mage mitigation is the problem? um, no

still why is that a problem. that is only the case in 1v1. u've got to think in higher dimensions (read: brackets). so u cant kill a warlock 1v1. who cares? u can certainly do it with your mate. ofc an earthshield on a lock makes him nearly unkillable even with a 25sec cc chain on the shaman. every class that has any form of defensive cooldown and/or selfheal is unkillable with an earthshield and a 25sec cc chain on a shaman. that is not the warlocks fault. still then with lock/rshaman comps shitting on u how does that justify a 50% reduction on ALL magic effects in the game? u do realize there are warlocks out there not playing with a rshaman or in a caster cleave right? rsham/lock synergy is what should be adressed thats all. ofc with mage armor being nerfed that synergy cant stay as it is but the nerf to mage armor is still totally justified. after all u just whine about getting nerfed and other classes dont or at least dont to the degree u would like to see it but that does not justify mage armor staying as it is imo and thats not only from a warlock perspective. u have to see this game as a whole. if warlocks are totally dominant after the patch that should totally be addressed but right now i dont see why mage armor should not be changed.

sort of the opposite - if you haven't been playing long you haven't seen how fucking dumb it is to get off a perfect CC supported swap against a lock team, only to have it totally shut down by a spell lock from a pet you can't realistically control. MA fixed a lot of shit, and Mages would be pretty fucking worthless without it. As-is our representation is dropping incredibly quickly, post-nerfs it is going to be a nightmare

if you haven't been playing long you haven't seen how fucking dumb it is to get of a perfect cc supported swap against a mage/rshaman team, only to have it shut down by a [insert random mage peeling utility] as a melee/caster/healer team.

im sorry for anything that reads like a flame/troll as this was not my intention

#182 Barburas

Barburas
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2586

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

That is not a bug. it is working as intended. In wotlk it was bugged and you all got used to it.

I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you're talking about, they're not referring to the bug in wotlk where you could refresh abilities to full non mage armour reduced durations.

#183 Whillwinz

Whillwinz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:33 PM

It is so hard to understand that if you are a caster you should not sit on a mage??

When playing my lock in 3v3 always, but always we kill the mage partners first while controlling the mage. Yes with 50% control reduction is harder but not impossible

Thank you for stating absolutely nothing. By your logic I could justify something retarded like increasing HoJ duration to 12 seconds. "Hey guys it's hard to survive a 12s stun but not impossible."

You're basically saying "deal with it" which is like a WoW PvP forums argument.

And btw, go have a lock cast UA on a Mage and then when it's about to run out have him cast Felflame which is supposed to reset it to 6s and tell me how long the new UA lasts. Hint: it's not 6s or even 3s, it's less than a global. And we all know how valuable our dots are without UA.
:warlock::paladin::warrior::shaman:

#184 unotatingblad

unotatingblad
  • Trigdealer
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:36 PM

35% still too much, we need more things to shit on them with. push for more nerfs guys! onward!
Posted Image

#185 Pinlol

Pinlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

Mages have problems with destro warlocks, rogues had problems with plate users whole wlk. Is it me or are the warlock players a little bit spoiled?

you DO realize that beast cleave is a horrible comp, right?

- Tuvahl

http://www.xfire.com...ideo/pinsleepe/

#186 Sallemm

Sallemm
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:26 PM

Good change, now nerf auto devour plz!

#187 jopotsi

jopotsi
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:03 PM

That is not a bug. it is working as intended. In wotlk it was bugged and you all got used to it.

you mind telling me how is it intended that when i cast my UA on a mage and start spamming fel flame on every global and it still eventually falls off? maybe im just dumb.

#188 cydial

cydial
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:40 PM

Mages can control melee.

Therefore other magic users should not be able to control mages as well.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<