• US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:59 AM

I hate to come in here like this... but something caught my eye

"if this is true (for feral) we're done."

God forbid your healer binds his dispel button :\

but yea it's a annoying change, especially for me because I wanted to level a feral :b

All I can say is, you'll see how big a nerf this is if it actually goes through, since you have never played a feral, I understand your lack of understanding.

This is a MASSIVE nerf to feral damage, survivability, combo point generation, party support through peels, and overall usefulness as a spec.

If you wish for me to explain each in detail, I will.

#22 AthleteWR

AthleteWR
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Windrunner
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:02 AM

Better get into glad range before the patch drops...

Although, if they are so quick to revert the poly nerf to ToL maybe they'll add a talent in the feral tree that lets us break roots?

Maybe we should all start praying that it gets changed...

#23 Viia

Viia
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:07 AM

I hate to come in here like this... but something caught my eye

"if this is true (for feral) we're done."

God forbid your healer binds his dispel button :\

but yea it's a annoying change, especially for me because I wanted to level a feral :b

I don't know about the other ferals flay, but I've played feral and gotten glad pre-insta clone, as feral (and) resto in multiple brackets, and as other classes so I really try to not overreact.

I think Cat summed it up pretty well, but it's not as simple as our healer dispelling (for feral) like it is for a lot of melee.

We have to shred (1) and there is a range bug with our bodies (2) that makes it insanely difficult to stay on people when you're snared at all, much less rooted/powershifting. There is a fair amount of time if I'm chasing someone with proper running skills I can white hit them, but I cannot use special abilities at all, much less shred.
Feral Class Hero... wannabe.

#24 Viia

Viia
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:08 AM

You are showing your ignorance right and left. Erch has achieved posting rights in every season that I can remember, and shaman/priest/mage/lock can all (and quite often do) dispell our instant cast procs without meaning too, and if they are trying to do it, they can do it 50% of the time without much effort at all.

Don't feed him man, just report him.
Feral Class Hero... wannabe.

#25 Killahbee

Killahbee
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Anub'arak
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:10 AM

All I can say is, you'll see how big a nerf this is if it actually goes through, since you have never played a feral, I understand your lack of understanding.

This is a MASSIVE nerf to feral damage, survivability, combo point generation, party support through peels, and overall usefulness as a spec.

If you wish for me to explain each in detail, I will.

Yeah, people are just frustrated with damage and mobility, can't really see past anger. This change solo practically removes feral from high end arena.

Really, it's not like ferals are crazy OP. Nerf to bleeds/mastery + removal of the instant root glyph would be plenty.

Somehow, it seems Blizzard is just never comfortable with feral being relevant :/

#26 Supastarpowa

Supastarpowa

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:11 AM

After this, they should honestly revert the fear change. Fear vs melee with no breaks is pretty stupid, because it fears you for 8-10 seconds, then you have another 8-10 getting back to them.

... this is coming from a priest.

#27 Tarukimo

Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:14 AM

I don't know about the other ferals flay, but I've played feral and gotten glad pre-insta clone, as feral (and) resto in multiple brackets, and as other classes so I really try to not overreact.

I think Cat summed it up pretty well, but it's not as simple as our healer dispelling (for feral) like it is for a lot of melee.

We have to shred (1) and there is a range bug with our bodies (2) that makes it insanely difficult to stay on people when you're snared at all, much less rooted/powershifting. There is a fair amount of time if I'm chasing someone with proper running skills I can white hit them, but I cannot use special abilities at all, much less shred.

<3 sohfite for explaining part of what I was talking about.

There is alot more to it though.

Did you know that our kick cannot be used while rooted, because it tries to work like a charge?

Did you know that feral survivability is and has been centered around the ability to spam shift/jump and gtfo since, well, forever?

We can only instant cast when we have used a finisher. To use a finisher, we need combo points. To get combo points, we need to hit our target with special attacks. Being unable to use a global to shift in/out of a root is going to reduce our combo point generation DRAMATICALLY, and it is already rather low when compared to rogues.

I could keep going on forever about what this change would do to feral, as this is a massive nerf to the core feral ability to stay mobile.

#28 ßlackjack1296682189

ßlackjack1296682189
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:17 AM

huge nerf against mages, quite fair to other classes since you can shift out of snares.

I would like to see fear immunity back.

#29 mewnfare

mewnfare
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:19 AM

Shapeshifts: Entering or leaving a shapeshift no longer cancels root effects. It continues to cancel movement slowing effects.

Hey guys just felt like taking some time off from my new mage main to check AJ and let you all know you can reroll now. Idk about you guys but I was done with feral after the berserk and bleed changes, let alone this laughable change.
mad

#30 Feistyness

Feistyness
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1557
  • 3v3: 1454
  • RBG: 1794

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:20 AM

if that goes live, 1500 mages will backpedal roll you. spec balance or reroll as emo as that sounds. or resto if u wanna heal.

#31 reizen

reizen
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Demonology 1/1/0/1/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1545
  • 3v3: 950

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:20 AM

i am disappointed
Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 reizen

reizen
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:22 AM

Shapeshifts: Entering or leaving a shapeshift no longer cancels root effects. It continues to cancel movement slowing effects.

Hey guys just felt like taking some time off from my new mage main to check AJ and let you all know you can reroll now. Idk about you guys but I was done with feral after the berserk and bleed changes, let alone this laughable change.

good point
Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 Tarukimo

Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:24 AM

huge nerf against mages, quite fair to other classes since you can shift out of snares.

I would like to see fear immunity back.

Chilblains now also causes Chains of Ice to root the target for 1.5/3 seconds.

Missed that, did you?

Or what about resto druid roots, or imp hamstring. There are quite a few roots outside of mages these days.

#34 sublation

sublation
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:24 AM

terrible change

#35 Demio

Demio
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • LocationNJ

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:25 AM

so... hope you guys have pally alts

#36 Xandis

Xandis
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:26 AM

so what about shamans, they can shift to wolf and remove snares still ? shouldnt the same mechanic apply to both classes ?

#37 Ampd

Ampd
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:27 AM

Resto shams never broke roots?¿

#38 foodstampzx

foodstampzx
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:29 AM

Oh no feral could compete too much with other melee in arenas. nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf

#39 Xandis

Xandis
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:29 AM

Resto shams never broke roots?¿

o i assumed they could , same mechanic right ?

seems a bit inconsistent on blizzards part

#40 reizen

reizen
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:31 AM

only enhance could with the totem